[Q] Upgrading from 4.2.2 to 4.3?

Search This thread

da64u

Aug 15, 2012
I have a AT&T Galaxy S4 running Pacrom 4.2.2 stable.
I would like to upgrade to one of the 4.3 nightlys. Can I just flash the new zip, or do I need to do a full format since it's going from 4.2 to 4.3?

Thanks for any help :)

Langes

Sep 23, 2012
Sweet Spot
I have a AT&T Galaxy S4 running Pacrom 4.2.2 stable.
I would like to upgrade to one of the 4.3 nightlys. Can I just flash the new zip, or do I need to do a full format since it's going from 4.2 to 4.3?

Thanks for any help :)

Full wipe is mandatory. You will get FCs coming out of your ears if you do not do a full wipe

atrus5

May 12, 2011
Saskatoon
OnePlus 7
Thanks. And now that I have this open what's the easiest way to backup as much of my info and settings as possible when switching?

What has worked the best for me is doing an 'online nandroid' backup and use 'nandroid manager' to restore apps. Only restore data of things you absolutely need. Like games. The rest just do restore app. You can find both in play store. You can use 'pac backup' to save settings. Never restore system apps through nandroid manager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Full wipe is mandatory. You will get FCs coming out of your ears if you do not do a full wipe

Thanks. And now that I have this open what's the easiest way to backup as much of my info and settings as possible when switching?