[Q] Nexus 7 gaming issue

Search This thread

NEXUS_SEVEN

Feb 17, 2014
Hey!

I have my newly imported Nexus 7 from New Jersey and I'm having some issues when it comes to gaming. Thing is, I'm new to Android as well as tablets. But being a hardcore PC gamer, I did my homework and found the most elite racing games before I ordered my tab. Turns out, Real Racing 3 and GT Racing 2 are the best there is out there, atm. So when I received my tab, I tried downloading RR3. Now lets look at the REAL problem- I have a ****ty internet. No, really. It goes out like 10 times a day. Then I have this speed issue. I pay for a 512 kbps speed but get only 50. Why don't you change it then, you say? I live in a Central Govt. colony and all internet providers are forbidden to set foot inside the colony gate. Failure in complying with the rules will result in their licenses getting cancelled (whoa!). So I have to live with what the central Govt. provides me with.

Anyways, so I have registered here just to post this topic. Since RR3 took centuries to download, I had to uninstall it. Then, I tried GTR2 and found out that downloading it from Playstore doesn't give you resumable download facility if your internet connection dies for even a sec. Fed up, I decided to give sideloading a try. Downloaded RR3 cache via PC from a website and put it in android/data/. The file was well over 1GB but running the app shows it has downloaded only 356 MB and still needs to an extra 711 MB. Downloaded GTR2's cache and put it in obb folder. It starts up and then crashes right away saying "Unfortunately GT Racing 2 has stopped". I'm so embarrassed and kinda screwed right now. I bought N7 only to find out I can't play games on it. I bought it solely for gaming when I'm on the move and now I can't seem to download these huge data files or the game just simply refuses to run. I have got Internet Download Manager on PC so I have downloaded game caches from third party websites without a problem but as you can see, even those efforts were futile. Are there any hopes for this situation? Anyone here knowing a workaround? Suggestions are more than welcome.

NEXUS_SEVEN

Feb 17, 2014
Tether off your cell phone, if you can't, go find a starbucks, mcdonalds, library, or some other public wifi and download what you need there, can't be any worse than what you have now.

I tried that just one time. When I was trying to download RR3 from the tab itself. Went to a McDonalds and switched on the wi-fi. Sat there stuffing burgers for an hour or so and the bar didn't progress an inch. It was then when I started suspecting that there was some problem with EA's download manager itself.

Yuccaman

Apr 7, 2011
If you can download to a PC, why not install Bluestacks on it which will give you an Android emulator. You can then sideload Google Play and install the files on the PC and copy them to the Nexus from there....

Thats all in theory mind you as whilst I have used Bluestacks,. it was only to grab apks and not any extra data but I can;t see why it wouldn't work....

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
If you pay for 512kbps, your speed is 64kBps since 1byte=8bits, so your speed 50kBps is about 15% less than what you are paying for and pick your landline reciever and keep it aside, this might improve internet strength if you are on mtnl, and you have to download the right data, you might be downloading different version (for other screen resolution or GPU)