[Q] I9305 stuck with EDGE and no 3G/LTE

Search This thread

worldtree

Feb 20, 2014
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Long story short, a friend gave me an I9305, however, I can't connect to a supported 3G network.

He had toyed around with the device (rooted, installed CM11), then reverted unrooted and reverted to stock firmware. When I got the device, I rooted it with Framaroot, flashed CWM 6.0.4.5, then flashed CM11 and Boeffla kernel. My SIM card was quite old and my carrier told that it doesn't support 3G, so I filed up for a new one. Ok, I got it, however..I'm yet again stuck on EDGE!!!

Tried reflashing CM11, CWM, flashed almost every radio baseband modem from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010116 to no avail. My IMEI is intact, as well as my Serial Number. :rolleyes:

Yes, I read all threads, I tried going to Settings>Wireless&networks> More > Mobile Netwroks >Preffered Network type and checked all options. When I select 3G only, the icon goes to "H", but i can't access the web. After 10-20 seconds, the H icon dissappears and I'm forced to reboot the phone to regain my EDGE data. :(

At the moment, I'm running the latest Omni ROM nightly. My operator supports all 3G and LTE bands, and I got the correct APNs.

Should I flash a stock ROM and check if this does the job?

I'll greatly appreciate any help, because I'm stuck. :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

rasseru16

Nov 30, 2010
Maybe if you can try to downgrade to a firmware 4.1.2 via Mobile Odin and then try and access the service mode menu. From there you may be able to enable the 3G/LTE DRX (Radio) which seems to remain a permanent change in the phone once you upgrade again to 4.3.

Reactions: worldtree

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe if you can try to downgrade to a firmware 4.1.2 via Mobile Odin and then try and access the service mode menu. From there you may be able to enable the 3G/LTE DRX (Radio) which seems to remain a permanent change in the phone once you upgrade again to 4.3.