[Q] Phone doesn't do anything

Search This thread

bikeriderr1

May 24, 2014
Hello,

My name is Tim and I'm new on this forum. I've read a lot of topics during the past year but I've never joined XDA, till now.
I do have a question about my sony xperia s. I did want a custom rom for it. After reading many of the topics about how to install it I finally had the courage to do it. Because of several things I couldn't find time and now, before going to bed I thougt I'de give it a try.
It went wrong and now my phone stopped working, kind of. I forgot to copy the file of the custom rom to Sdcard of my phone, so i cant reach it now. The flashtool did it's job and removed the stock rom. Now i'm in the middle of two roms but cant go further.
Rom manager is installed but I don't know what to do know. Please don't tell me what I shouldn't have done but tell me what to do.

Regards

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
Hello,

My name is Tim and I'm new on this forum. I've read a lot of topics during the past year but I've never joined XDA, till now.
I do have a question about my sony xperia s. I did want a custom rom for it. After reading many of the topics about how to install it I finally had the courage to do it. Because of several things I couldn't find time and now, before going to bed I thougt I'de give it a try.
It went wrong and now my phone stopped working, kind of. I forgot to copy the file of the custom rom to Sdcard of my phone, so i cant reach it now. The flashtool did it's job and removed the stock rom. Now i'm in the middle of two roms but cant go further.
Rom manager is installed but I don't know what to do know. Please don't tell me what I shouldn't have done but tell me what to do.

Regards

Which ROM you are using now and your phone still can boot up?

bikeriderr1

May 24, 2014
Don't use ROM manager as it didn't compatible to our device. Did you unlock your bootloader? If yes then you can flash any custom ROM in the android development thread:)

Thanks, got everything working fine now. I used fastboot to flash original rom and now flashed a rom via flashtool. The only thing is that i cant use usb data transfer. You know how to fix it?

chrissiong

Jun 16, 2012
Thanks, got everything working fine now. I used fastboot to flash original rom and now flashed a rom via flashtool. The only thing is that i cant use usb data transfer. You know how to fix it?

Install sony pc companion and connect to pc. It should automatically install driver then you will be able to mount your sdcard :)