[Q] Anyone importing from eBay?

Search This thread

FligMupple

Jan 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure the F400 *can* do 4G in North America. I have the 400S and 4G (LTE) works in Canada, and Canada is in North America (I think). And, I read posts somewhere of people on AT&T getting 4G.

So it's wrong to say that 4G does not work on the Korean models of the LG G3 in North America.

mikeythedude

May 14, 2012
I'm pretty sure the F400 *can* do 4G in North America. I have the 400S and 4G (LTE) works in Canada, and Canada is in North America (I think). And, I read posts somewhere of people on AT&T getting 4G.

So it's wrong to say that 4G does not work on the Korean models of the LG G3 in North America.

Yup. All the F400 (S, K, L) models will run on AT&T's LTE Band 17 (700 MHz spectrum). As a lot of the resellers of the phone are not familiar with usage of the device outside of Korea, they provide the "This phone's 4G may be incompatible with your country's 4G" statement as a means of insuring their sales. A lot of them are unaware of the extra band support found in the korean variants...

I've had access to my F400S, and another F400K (in the recent days), and can tell you that they have no issues connecting to AT&T's LTE. This however does not mean it is 100% functional with AT&T's LTE, as they offer LTE on multiple bands, and not just Band 17. You will need to do some research on your locale http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/. Look at which AT&T LTE bands are supported, and you can hop on over to the other Q&A thread I started a bit ago with info on all available bands on the korean variants http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784967... Check out post #4 (Not trying to bump my own thread, but too lazy to type out all the bands again... lol ;))

Reactions: Mark_84

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wait save the trouble

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Just like the Optimus G Pro 2, the G3 F400S model supports Att LTE:

DRxQtY5.jpg

How do I know? I have one on hand in front of me
    I appreciate your points, but I've imported numerous phones from eBay without issues: Note 1, 2, 3, Z Ultra, etc.

You do have to be careful about the seller, but there are a few with 99%+ feedback and there is PLENTY you can do if they don't deliver on their promises and you use PayPal. PayPal almost automatically finds in favor of the buyer, and these stores don't want bad feedback.

Your third point is spot on though! :D (Although I've found that 4g isn't really a NEED for me, it's just nice to have. YMMV.)

I have ordered from ebay many times, last one was my Sony Z Ultra, had no unpleasant surprises so far.

Yet I use ebay to get something for the cheaper price, not the other way around. 3/32 version is rumored to be $650 in the US.

As of ebay/paypal, you have to have the case. They give you the tracking number, the tracking number does not show up, you still have to wait and ebay/paypal will not help you. By the time you raise your case to the appropriate level and get your money back it "might" happen you can get G3 from the store the very same day :D Although I do think they will release it by the end of June, not before.

As of LTE, it is absolute must for me.

But if you are willing and ready, go ahead and tell us about your experience, hopefully positive.
    But if you are willing and ready, go ahead and tell us about your experience, hopefully positive.

Probably won't... Common sense is winning over "I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant it." :) So far. :D
    Can you post a link so \i can find your seller? Also, what does the back of the S version say? Oleh or LTE-A?

There are plenty of sellers on eBay with great reputations (CUphoneKorea, SuperKosmos to name some). Also a quick breakdown on backplates for those who care:

F400L - LG U+ (LG Telecom)
    F400S - LTE-A (SK Telecom)
    F400K - Olleh (Korea Telecom)