[App]HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing[21/07/2009]

Search This thread

animeva

Jun 24, 2009
does it work for anyone using a HTC Mogul Sprint with Windows Mobile 6.5 rom? I can install it and it shows its ready for use a router but my laptop cannot detect it

dandman8

Sep 8, 2007
Treo Pro

I have a Palm Treo Pro, which is 320x320. Wanted to try it out, but can't seem to scroll down to get to the connection settings toward the bottom (it actually displays most programs as 240x240).

Is there any way to add scrolling to this or otherwise change the settings?

Thanks so much for making this available!

tricknasty

Jul 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Works great, just finished testing with my cdma touch pro. On a side note if the screen on the phone turned off then the connection stopped. So i disabled S2U2 and set it my screen to not turn off on ac power and plugged my phone in.

that was my exact same problem. Im using S2U2 as well. I guess you need to disable it before you use your phone as a router :p

Thanks to all those involved for a fantastic program!

wapvirus

Jan 24, 2008
London
I resized the graphics to qvga ,but it still not working correctly as i can't scroll the screen so i think i have some dpendecies missing as i am running 6.5 with no manila ,I will try adding the Normal ones and see what happens (htc scroll ect..)

vonski

Sep 16, 2006
www.alacarte.com.pl
I tried at Samsung i780- doesn't work (not strange for me :))
and on HTC HD (stock WM 6.1)- also doesn't work- program starts but can't scroll it and there are no buttons Start etc.

sid0101

Oct 29, 2008
Alright, I tried it out on the Omnia with Sector's WQVGA cab. But I know that I am doing something wrong, I just can't figure out. I am trying it out on my Macbook Pro and XP netbook. However, I can't get the SSID to appear.

Now, I don't know if it's because my Omnia wifi card or because I'm not able to put the setting right on either computer. Is it okay if my Omnia is connected with my home network, meaning that the Wifi Card is connected to my home network? Right now I when the program runs it attempts to broadcast my Edge and I guess transmit that connection thru the Wifi card, but my Wifi card is also connected to my home network, would this be a problem?

sir topas

Mar 10, 2006
Los Angeles
Please don't dismiss this post; I've tried all of the above fixes and nothing works!

I, too, am having problems connecting to the network. I've followed the instructions to the letter, and it still fails.

I installed the .cab with the shortcut. When I start it up, I don't have WiFi or data turned on. The program turns on the data, but it doesn't seem to turn on WiFi. I've tried using the default name and password, as well as using my own name and password to setup a network. The device connects and shows "ready to accept incoming connections" but I can't see the network on my Mac. It always recognizes WMWifiRouter instantly. I even tried waiting longer than the suggested 2 minutes, but still nothing.

I've tried creating an ad-hoc network manually from the Macbook using the same network name and password on the device. It shows that it's connected, but I can't browse the internet because there's no connection.

Please help!

EDIT: Using the ROM in my sig below

Last edited:

rfryar

May 27, 2008
Cottage Grove
rick.fryar.org
Sprint Touch Pro - No Available Internet Message

It installed fine, I created my own shortcut. But when I launch it is says there is no available internet connection and asks if I should set one up.

My data connection works fine, so I am confused why this comes up. Is it expecting a certain named connection to use? My data connection is called "Sprint". I also have a work connection but the default connection is set to use Sprint.

Any guidance?

Thanks,

Rick

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Do remember that this has a version 0_9_2_0 So HTC propably isn't finished yet. But i don't think they'll be aiming to make it Compatible with All devices.
So far it seams only to be to Pass through the Internet Connection.

It's a bit As Is right now, But there might still be some hidden registry keys in there, that might be usefull.

wapvirus

Jan 24, 2008
London
I resized the graphics to qvga ,but it still not working correctly as i can't scroll the screen so i think i have some dpendecies missing as i am running 6.5 with no manila ,I will try adding the Normal ones and see what happens (htc scroll ect..)

Well i added HTC Scroll to the cab file and now i can scroll down the screen to see all of the page and settings so that worked :cool:

Here is the cab it's for QVGA only

Last edited:

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl

Attachments

• CMINternet.zip
    301.6 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:

irus

Jun 29, 2007
can someone tell me if its supposed to start wifi for you or if you have to start it your self, i have read through the ten pages but i don't remember seeing it anywhere. thanks

xavierdemon

Jul 23, 2008
It states in post 2 that the application starts WIFI itself.

I however can't get it to work. Even if I manually configure my computer to connect to my phone, it never does. Hopefully this app will be improved in the future.

Last edited:

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
Just one question if I may....

under name where it says XDA-Wifi-Sharing

and under WEP key (10) digit(s) 1234567890

do those have to stay like that or do you have take those out and add your own name an wep key??

thanks!!

im using an Htc Fuze wm6.5 rom an everything installed fine but haven't been able to test it cause I dont own a laptop just an HP TouchSmart PC so ill have to wait an see how this app works for me!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing

Thanks To Tom_Codon For Sharing the Package from his New Tom Topaz Rom.

I resized and compressed The Graphics for VGA and Compressed The Exe File.

So this looks to be Working Without any Dependencies, Please Give feedback so others know where it is or isn't working.

I know people want this, so Getting it out there was Prime Directive. (Not sitting on something that will be out in a month or two, keeping it just for myself in roms i cook, sharing it)

Share Your Internet Connection As A Wifi HotSpot, Thank you HTC for looking at what users want.

Download

It is adviced to install this with the Topaz CommManager as its an add on to a newer version.Does Not have a Shortcut in Programs because it has a Control Panel >> Connections entry!

QVGA Version By wapvirus + HTC Sroll
    Did anyone know that this app works for HTC Evo for sprint its amazing!

No, because the Evo is running Android. This is a Windows Mobile app. Wireless tether works on the Evo and accomplishes the same thing. Actually more since you can connect multiple clients at once and it runs in router mode.