[i9505] 4-SEPT New update today MH8 (JDQ37)

Search This thread

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
Samsung is pushing another update today, its already reached max OTA downloads so get it from Kies.

Attachments

• s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 4,556
  • s4b.jpg
    s4b.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3,870
Last edited:

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
Took a while to download via kies, probably due to kies is full ROM as apposed to OTA size.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PhilSN

May 26, 2008
I haven't noticed any differences apart from an annoying problem. I get constant 'Prevention information' errors:

"An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device. It may be solved by the policy update service. It may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check now?"

If I try to use the 'Security policy update', it fails and says: 'Update failed due to network issues'.

My phone is not rooted and I don't have any dubious apps.

Reactions: Hexgore

ixon2001

Jul 15, 2010
Wigan
Hi ixon2001
I don't have LTE under more networks,mobile networks, network mode? I am on 3? strange....:(
p.s running sim free I9505 with non branded firmware

Ah yeah I'm not on 3 anymore after having nothing but trouble with this network I went back to Giffgaff, because Giffgaff runs on the O2 network probably why it showing up now with this update.

PuiaAndrei

Nov 16, 2011
Ah yeah I'm not on 3 anymore after having nothing but trouble with this network I went back to Giffgaff, because Giffgaff runs on the O2 network probably why it showing up now with this update.

So , does it worth to make the update ?
I can do mine , but i have low battery ( phone charging atm ).
Anyone noticed some changes ?

THnx

VoodooSix

Sep 4, 2013
Personally I wouldn't update to it yet, it seems to enable Knox and/or secure things a bit more. So I've no longer got root (yep my own stupid fault I know - should have left well alone) and cannot now downgrade to an earlier firmware to enable root.

I'm really, really hoping someone comes up with a way to flash a firmware on this version as root was really useful for Tasker with SuperSU. Plea for help here.

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Personally I wouldn't update to it yet, it seems to enable Knox and/or secure things a bit more. So I've no longer got root (yep my own stupid fault I know - should have left well alone) and cannot now downgrade to an earlier firmware to enable root.

I'm really, really hoping someone comes up with a way to flash a firmware on this version as root was really useful for Tasker with SuperSU. Plea for help here.

You are unable to downgrade using Odin? :confused:

dm_snake2

May 7, 2013

I have the same situation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All those having issues with Knox... Chainfire said the following at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Chainfire/posts/5ggu7naWtaW

'CF-Auto-Root for the new SGS4 I9505 firmares (GG, H8, ...)

The new firmwares that came out today have SELinux enabled and set to restrictive. This generally made SuperSU sad.

Other nasty side effects of these ROMs include a new bootloader, a new warranty status inside said bootloader, the apparent impossibility to downgrade after having flashed the wretched bootloader, and a bad taste about Samsung in general.

I guess this all KNOX related or whatever, seeing as it was much hyped in today's unveilings and the ROMs were also released today.

It took all day but it seems like I have SuperSU (now v1.60) running properly(?) again, and I've made a new CF-Auto-Root package for it. Undoubtedly, after I get back all your reports about how it doesn't work at all or even a little, I will update the other CF-Auto-Root's, the flashable ZIP, and the Play Store sometime tomorrow. But not tonight - tonight I am le tired.

While this version should now be compatible with all sorts of Enforcing SELinux shams and other false-sense-of-security-inducing hypeware, it doesn't actually disable any system components. As such, every time you use root, you'll get a nice popup about how your system has been compromised by the nastiest of all attackers (namely, you). To get rid of this annoyance, adb shell or Terminal Emulator this command (after running su , of course):

pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid

That's about it. Oh yeah - don't run Triangle Away or Mobile ODIN on these firmwares until I've updated them, or your phone will explode. Enjoy!'

I followed everything he has said and my phone operates without any problems at all. I am also using Apex Launcher, I can resize the icons in apex settings for my homescreen, etc. Everything works and I have no regret. I am also waiting for Mobile Odin and Triangle Away to be updated. It is all thanks to Chainfire for his hard work for at least getting rid of the Knoxy thing.
    anyone know what the update is or does

It upgrades your phone to the latest firmware :p
    Samsung is pushing another update today, its already reached max OTA downloads so get it from Kies.
    As far as I understand, only people with root are facing issues. Mine was stock DBT non rooted. I was skeptical about updating after reading all these posts but I couldn't resist and updated anyway. And thank god, it works like a charm! I'm on MH5 btw. And the battery life might have improved ever so slightly - I've lost 25% with 1:25 screen time 2 hours wifi(no 3G) in 14 hours! :)
    And yeah, I updated with Kies. No OTA.