Global Phone [CONFIRMED] (WELL DONE siul WE NOW HAVE SMS WORKING!) FINAL UPDATE 13

Search This thread

i rule123

Jun 22, 2010
Hello

I have recently bought the HTC Rezound and have noticed that when i go to which from LTE on/off (*#*#4636#*#* in dialer, then phone information) there is a option for "Global Mode" and ones for "WCDMA Only" and "GSM Only" :eek:
I have seen websites saying that they can unlock the phone and it will work with any network?

But my question is, is this phone possibly a global phone?/GSM and WCDMA support?

UPDATE: Okay just got the htc rezound today and put in my T-Mobile UK sim card, and switched to "WCDMA only" mode, and without unlocking it picked up signal (i live in uk) it also says t-mobile in notifications, i checked and called the defice and the call was received.

UPDATE 2: Okay so I am able to receive and make calls, HAVE DATA (Go to thread at bottom of this post to find out how to get data to work :)) and can receive texts BUT AM NOT ABLE TO MAKE THEM!

UPDATE 3 (24/01/2012): I can confirm you can receive signal and data with Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and Gingerbread (GB) ROM's but the SMS not send problem is the same for all ROM's (until we get S-OFF and hopefully the Developers Port/Create a GSM or Hybrid GSM/CDMA radio :))

UPDATE 4 (26/01/2012): I would like to say thank you to Droid Life, for the acknowledgment of my thread :D ,and hopefully with this spreading the word more we can get the Radio/Fix (after we get S-OFF) to the SMS/Texting not sending problem, and the HTC Rezound would be (like it should of been :)) a fully World Phone :D:D:D. Check out the Page: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/26/htc-rezound-has-secret-global-radios-after-all/

UPDATE 5 (31/01/2012): Received a screenshot from kirasama1014 which shows the HTC Rezound was able to receive signal and DATA in on a Taiwan network!!!, a thanks to kirasama1014 for the screenshot :D
Screenshot: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx...NmY4MC00ZmFmLWE2OWItODkwZGUwNzZhODEy&hl=en_US

UPDATE 6 (03/02/2012): The HTC Rezound has been confirmed to work and receive data on T-Mobile USA, same SMS issue for everyone (Hopefully fix soon :)).

UPDATE 7 (06/02/2012): It has been suggested that the SMS issue could be down to framework being incompatible, and it has been said that DEVs may be working on this for us, so in advance THANK YOU!!! and hopefully we are closer to having the SMS issue out of the way! :D

UPDATE 8 (08/02/2012): BEST METHOD FOR DATA:
1. Go into Setting>>>Wireless and Networks>>>Wi-Fi Settings then pree the menu button (Physical button) and choose advanced.
2. When in advanced set 'Wi-Fi sleep policy' to 'After 15 min'.
3. Make sure you have entered correctly your APN settings for Mobile DATA/Internet AND SELECTED IT!.
4. Connect to a Wi-Fi Network (Preferably your home network).
5. Now turn off the phone screen/lock the phone (Do not turn it on anymore till after the last step)
6. Now go out of range of the Wi-Fi Network you are connected to, and when you think your out of range start timing 15 minutes (I usually wait 17 Minutes just to be sure) and remember to not turn on the phone screen until the time is up, and do not go back into range of the Wi-Fi Network you where connected to until the time is up!.
7. After time is up you should HOPEFULLY have DATA!!!!!
(I ALSO SUGGEST THAT YOU SET THE NETWORK TYPE TO WCDMA Preferred (Which is what I use, but this option will only work if your network/carrier supports it, and I'm guessing most do, and why not if you have tried everything else :)))
This method worked 3 out of 3 times I tested for me, and I also suggest you do this when going out somewhere. HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS!!!:):D

UPDATE 9 (20/02/2012): Still looking for fix to the SMS/Texting problem :( ,have just tried another suggestion of entering a PDU format of carriers SMSC number but still no luck (Apparently this works for AT&T so if you have them as your carrier you may be in luck).

UPDATE 10 (08/03/2012): There is now a Bounty thread in the HTC Rezound General section, for the Developer/s who solve the SMS/texting problem, so please if you also would like this problem fixed go to the thread and add a stated amount of at least $5 in either the thread as a reply, or Private message me with the amount and I will add your name to the list :)

UPDATE 11 (19/03/2012): People have tried and confirmed that the latest RUU is able to send SMS flawlessly, and also there is no annoying 'SIM Unknown' message on lockscreen!!! YAY!!! :D

UPDATE 12 (22/03/2012): I cannot test as I am away at the current time, but I think the ROM which allows SMS and doesn't have the Lockscreen 'SIM is from unknown source' message is the Sense 4.0 Alpha 2 by newtoroot, can anyone test? :)

FINAL UPDATE 13 (20/05/2012): Well Done Joelz, the only person/developer to show a real interest in the GSM capabilities of the HTC Rezound, and he has now succeeded in fixing the problem of SMS not sending!!! Well Done mate and please everyone show your appreciation :)
This will be the final update, so good luck to all GSM users/travelers owning the HTC Rezound and Thank You All! :D, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALSO!!! :p ;)
Heres Where You Can Find The Fix :) (Once again well done Joelz): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26199933

AND FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE CUSTOM ROMS, YOU MAY HAVE TO THE 'TWEAKS' MENU IN SETTINGS AND THEN 'Phone Information' FOR THE *#*#4636#*#* MENU TO APPEAR)

Below is now the old pieces of writing from when I first got the HTC Rezound and was writing about the problems it (No Longer :)) has :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY OTHER THREAD:

Okay first off I can CONFIRM THE REZOUND IS A GLOBAL PHONE :) (lets just get that out of the way).

EVIDENCE

Okay so I purchased my HTC Rezound form an American eBayer and he shipped it to me just after Christmas (i live in the UK), i was already under the impression that the Rezound was a global phone but just before it arrived everyone was saying that it doesn't have the GSM or WCDMA networks which made me sad :(

But when it arrived i thought i would try what i thought would work, sooooo i place the sim card in the phone and powered it up. After setting it up i went to the phones dialer and dialed: *#*#4636#*#* and then went to phone information and changed the network type. I was shocked to find that there was many options including 'GSM only' and 'WCDMA only' :eek:. So i switched the phone to WCDMA only and the phone picked up signal and showed T-Mobile in the notification bar :D:D:D.

(I got my data by adding the T-Mobile APN and then going to wi-fi settings>>advanced and changed the time till wifi switches to mobile network to 15 mins (then waited 15 mins after screen lock))

OTHER POSSIBLE METHOD FOR DATA! 23/01/12 :
Enter APN settings (make sure this is correct for the Internet/mobile data of your SIM Cards carrier) Turn WiFi on and then turn it off.
Then make sure Mobile Network is turned ON, and make sure you are receiving signal.

Now take off the battery cover and leave off until you see that you have no signal (This is when there is a cross on the signal bars)
Now put the battery cover back on and wait for a moment and hopefully you should have DATA!!! :D

open

Network options screenshot (URL): https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0U8I71u15EGYzI0N2RkMjgtMzhlMS00ZWQ5LThjZDAtZmM4MzJhNzM4NmJm

open

To show my T-Mobile SIM gets signal in UK: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0U8I71u15EGZDMyMjI3MDYtMGNjYi00Mjk3LWE5NzItMTZmMmJiZGZmZmJi

Problems (That i think can be fixed)

1.Lockscreen message that says "This SIM card is from an unknown source".

TEMP FIX (Until Reboot): If the ROM you are using has the tweaks menu (MikROM) then you can go to Miscellaneous Options>>>Choose Lockscreen Style and select 'Android Lockscreen', Then Restart or Hot Restart and change the option back to 'HTC Sense Lockscreen'. THIS WILL REMOVE THE 'This SIM card is from an unknown source' message, but this process must be done every time your battery dies or you turn off the phone.
(still better than the ugly message every time you turn on the phone screen).
open

Screenshot to show lockscreen message: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0U8I71u15EGOTJmODAwZDEtOGJjMy00NDk3LTlhYmYtYTQ1NDc1NzU4Mjc1

Last edited:

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
Holly crap, I had just heard this as rumors when it was in production. But yes it definitely looks like its a global phone.

I never bothered to check. I just did and you are right it has global options as well as gsm. Hmm I'm going to call Verizon to get my unlock code :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Reactions: i rule123

isdnmatt

Jan 30, 2007
This would be a pleasant surprise, but the FCC filings did not include the GSM bands from what I can see.

pwned3

Jul 23, 2011
Cullman
It doesn't have the gsm radio in it from what I've seen on ifixit

sent from my newly unlocked Rezound

Xtreme Outcast

Nov 21, 2011
Terryville
I Had My SIM Card Replaced Mid November And The Verizon Rep. Asked Me If I Went Out Of The Country; That To Me Sounds Like It Is A Global Phone.

i rule123

Jun 22, 2010
I may have some pleasing news to share later on as i am going over families tonight and my cousin siad he would bring his phone with his UK sim card (T-Mobile) (he lives in the UK) and hopefully when i purchase an unlock code i can confirm whether this is a global/GSM supported phone or not :D:D:D:D

Fingers crossed!

Reactions: WookieFan

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
I believe there was a thread on this when this phone first came out. They said this phone is set up exactly like the Thunderbolt and it is not a global phone. They said you could possibly use it on a CDMA network in Europe, but not on a GSM network. Someone just needs to ask VZW.

Sent from my HTC
LTE 4G Rezound

i rule123

Jun 22, 2010
It has been confirmed

The truth about the htc rezound
I posted this on the rezound developers page but wanted the rest of the Rezound owners to know the truth about their phone. "THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE".

I spoke to HTC directly about this very thing. I discovered the other radios with the PHONE INFO APP (WCDMA, GSM (only), GLOBAL MODE, GSM+LTE/EVDO auto, GLOBAL LTE MODE) along with the standard CDMA+LTE/EVDO auto and CDMA auto (PRL). Also so confirmed by when I pulled of the back battery cover and exposed several of the gold plated radio antenna's. The HTC tech support manager said to me that HTC Rezound is a world phone despite Verizon's tech support claims that it will only work on Verizon's LTE/CDMA network. HTC's tech said that this phone will work any where in the world. All you need is the SIM card and the SIM Card unlock codes that Verizon should provide to you if you have been a customer long enough. She further said that you can ONLY GET THE CODES FROM VERIZON'S TECH SUPPORT, NOT FROM VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE.

She said with the SIM Card and Codes the phone will operate any where in the world where their is a cell phone signal. Depending on the Network it's hit or miss on having data service, but you will be able to receive and make call plus send and receive text no matter with or without data service.

VERIZON Doesn't advertise the Rezound as a world phone and will tell you it's not, they don't want us to know it's a world phone
Bottom line with all of the other great things this phone does: direct to tv plug, great camera, hd video,(Dr. Dre) Beats audio, speed, smoothness, ect...
This is the best phone on the best phone on the Market by far.

VERIZON Doesn't advertise the Rezound as a world phone and will tell you it's not, they don't want us to know it's a world phone. Why I wonder, I think we all know why.

My history with Android is the Original Droid, Thunderbolt, and now the Rezound.

REZOUNDING IN HOUSTON
:D:D:D:D(IM SOOO HAPPY):):D
Source: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-general-discussions/191560-truth-about-htc-rezound.html

isdnmatt

Jan 30, 2007
The truth about the htc rezound
I posted this on the rezound developers page but wanted the rest of the Rezound owners to know the truth about their phone. "THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE".

I spoke to HTC directly about this very thing. I discovered the other radios with the PHONE INFO APP (WCDMA, GSM (only), GLOBAL MODE, GSM+LTE/EVDO auto, GLOBAL LTE MODE) along with the standard CDMA+LTE/EVDO auto and CDMA auto (PRL). Also so confirmed by when I pulled of the back battery cover and exposed several of the gold plated radio antenna's. The HTC tech support manager said to me that HTC Rezound is a world phone despite Verizon's tech support claims that it will only work on Verizon's LTE/CDMA network. HTC's tech said that this phone will work any where in the world. All you need is the SIM card and the SIM Card unlock codes that Verizon should provide to you if you have been a customer long enough. She further said that you can ONLY GET THE CODES FROM VERIZON'S TECH SUPPORT, NOT FROM VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE.

She said with the SIM Card and Codes the phone will operate any where in the world where their is a cell phone signal. Depending on the Network it's hit or miss on having data service, but you will be able to receive and make call plus send and receive text no matter with or without data service.

VERIZON Doesn't advertise the Rezound as a world phone and will tell you it's not, they don't want us to know it's a world phone
Bottom line with all of the other great things this phone does: direct to tv plug, great camera, hd video,(Dr. Dre) Beats audio, speed, smoothness, ect...
This is the best phone on the best phone on the Market by far.

VERIZON Doesn't advertise the Rezound as a world phone and will tell you it's not, they don't want us to know it's a world phone. Why I wonder, I think we all know why.

My history with Android is the Original Droid, Thunderbolt, and now the Rezound.

REZOUNDING IN HOUSTON
:D:D:D:D(IM SOOO HAPPY):):D
Source: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-general-discussions/191560-truth-about-htc-rezound.html

I have European SIM cards at home. I will try one and see if I can get an unlock code from Verizon. This is really worthless he said/she said. I'll post a short video if it works.

boudin1988

Jan 3, 2012
new to andriod-but up for it

hi everybody, newbie here, thanks to all involved in making this hack possible,cant wait to get android, froyo is the shiz from what i can tell.

isdnmatt

Jan 30, 2007
OK, so update. I went ahead and inserted a "3" sim into my Rezound. The phone boots and says that "This SIM is from an Unknown Source."

It does not prompt for a SIM unlock code and does not pick up any service.

i rule123

Jun 22, 2010
Okay it works!!!!!

Okay just got the htc rezound today and put in my T-Mobile UK sim card, and switched to "WCDMA only" mode, and without unlocking it picked up signal (i live in uk) it also says t-mobile in notifications, i checked and called the defice and the call was received.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

I have recently bought the HTC Rezound and have noticed that when i go to which from LTE on/off (*#*#4636#*#* in dialer, then phone information) there is a option for "Global Mode" and ones for "WCDMA Only" and "GSM Only" :eek:
    I have seen websites saying that they can unlock the phone and it will work with any network?

But my question is, is this phone possibly a global phone?/GSM and WCDMA support?

UPDATE: Okay just got the htc rezound today and put in my T-Mobile UK sim card, and switched to "WCDMA only" mode, and without unlocking it picked up signal (i live in uk) it also says t-mobile in notifications, i checked and called the defice and the call was received.

UPDATE 2: Okay so I am able to receive and make calls, HAVE DATA (Go to thread at bottom of this post to find out how to get data to work :)) and can receive texts BUT AM NOT ABLE TO MAKE THEM!

UPDATE 3 (24/01/2012): I can confirm you can receive signal and data with Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and Gingerbread (GB) ROM's but the SMS not send problem is the same for all ROM's (until we get S-OFF and hopefully the Developers Port/Create a GSM or Hybrid GSM/CDMA radio :))

UPDATE 4 (26/01/2012): I would like to say thank you to Droid Life, for the acknowledgment of my thread :D ,and hopefully with this spreading the word more we can get the Radio/Fix (after we get S-OFF) to the SMS/Texting not sending problem, and the HTC Rezound would be (like it should of been :)) a fully World Phone :D:D:D. Check out the Page: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/26/htc-rezound-has-secret-global-radios-after-all/

UPDATE 5 (31/01/2012): Received a screenshot from kirasama1014 which shows the HTC Rezound was able to receive signal and DATA in on a Taiwan network!!!, a thanks to kirasama1014 for the screenshot :D
    Screenshot: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx...NmY4MC00ZmFmLWE2OWItODkwZGUwNzZhODEy&hl=en_US

UPDATE 6 (03/02/2012): The HTC Rezound has been confirmed to work and receive data on T-Mobile USA, same SMS issue for everyone (Hopefully fix soon :)).

UPDATE 7 (06/02/2012): It has been suggested that the SMS issue could be down to framework being incompatible, and it has been said that DEVs may be working on this for us, so in advance THANK YOU!!! and hopefully we are closer to having the SMS issue out of the way! :D

UPDATE 8 (08/02/2012): BEST METHOD FOR DATA:
    1. Go into Setting>>>Wireless and Networks>>>Wi-Fi Settings then pree the menu button (Physical button) and choose advanced.
    2. When in advanced set 'Wi-Fi sleep policy' to 'After 15 min'.
    3. Make sure you have entered correctly your APN settings for Mobile DATA/Internet AND SELECTED IT!.
    4. Connect to a Wi-Fi Network (Preferably your home network).
    5. Now turn off the phone screen/lock the phone (Do not turn it on anymore till after the last step)
    6. Now go out of range of the Wi-Fi Network you are connected to, and when you think your out of range start timing 15 minutes (I usually wait 17 Minutes just to be sure) and remember to not turn on the phone screen until the time is up, and do not go back into range of the Wi-Fi Network you where connected to until the time is up!.
    7. After time is up you should HOPEFULLY have DATA!!!!!
    (I ALSO SUGGEST THAT YOU SET THE NETWORK TYPE TO WCDMA Preferred (Which is what I use, but this option will only work if your network/carrier supports it, and I'm guessing most do, and why not if you have tried everything else :)))
    This method worked 3 out of 3 times I tested for me, and I also suggest you do this when going out somewhere. HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS!!!:):D

UPDATE 9 (20/02/2012): Still looking for fix to the SMS/Texting problem :( ,have just tried another suggestion of entering a PDU format of carriers SMSC number but still no luck (Apparently this works for AT&T so if you have them as your carrier you may be in luck).

UPDATE 10 (08/03/2012): There is now a Bounty thread in the HTC Rezound General section, for the Developer/s who solve the SMS/texting problem, so please if you also would like this problem fixed go to the thread and add a stated amount of at least $5 in either the thread as a reply, or Private message me with the amount and I will add your name to the list :)

UPDATE 11 (19/03/2012): People have tried and confirmed that the latest RUU is able to send SMS flawlessly, and also there is no annoying 'SIM Unknown' message on lockscreen!!! YAY!!! :D

UPDATE 12 (22/03/2012): I cannot test as I am away at the current time, but I think the ROM which allows SMS and doesn't have the Lockscreen 'SIM is from unknown source' message is the Sense 4.0 Alpha 2 by newtoroot, can anyone test? :)

FINAL UPDATE 13 (20/05/2012): Well Done Joelz, the only person/developer to show a real interest in the GSM capabilities of the HTC Rezound, and he has now succeeded in fixing the problem of SMS not sending!!! Well Done mate and please everyone show your appreciation :)
    This will be the final update, so good luck to all GSM users/travelers owning the HTC Rezound and Thank You All! :D, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALSO!!! :p ;)
    Heres Where You Can Find The Fix :) (Once again well done Joelz): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26199933

AND FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE CUSTOM ROMS, YOU MAY HAVE TO THE 'TWEAKS' MENU IN SETTINGS AND THEN 'Phone Information' FOR THE *#*#4636#*#* MENU TO APPEAR)

Below is now the old pieces of writing from when I first got the HTC Rezound and was writing about the problems it (No Longer :)) has :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY OTHER THREAD:

Okay first off I can CONFIRM THE REZOUND IS A GLOBAL PHONE :) (lets just get that out of the way).

EVIDENCE

Okay so I purchased my HTC Rezound form an American eBayer and he shipped it to me just after Christmas (i live in the UK), i was already under the impression that the Rezound was a global phone but just before it arrived everyone was saying that it doesn't have the GSM or WCDMA networks which made me sad :(

But when it arrived i thought i would try what i thought would work, sooooo i place the sim card in the phone and powered it up. After setting it up i went to the phones dialer and dialed: *#*#4636#*#* and then went to phone information and changed the network type. I was shocked to find that there was many options including 'GSM only' and 'WCDMA only' :eek:. So i switched the phone to WCDMA only and the phone picked up signal and showed T-Mobile in the notification bar :D:D:D.

(I got my data by adding the T-Mobile APN and then going to wi-fi settings>>advanced and changed the time till wifi switches to mobile network to 15 mins (then waited 15 mins after screen lock))

OTHER POSSIBLE METHOD FOR DATA! 23/01/12 :
    Enter APN settings (make sure this is correct for the Internet/mobile data of your SIM Cards carrier) Turn WiFi on and then turn it off.
    Then make sure Mobile Network is turned ON, and make sure you are receiving signal.

Now take off the battery cover and leave off until you see that you have no signal (This is when there is a cross on the signal bars)
    Now put the battery cover back on and wait for a moment and hopefully you should have DATA!!! :D

open

Network options screenshot (URL): https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0U8I71u15EGYzI0N2RkMjgtMzhlMS00ZWQ5LThjZDAtZmM4MzJhNzM4NmJm

open

To show my T-Mobile SIM gets signal in UK: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0U8I71u15EGZDMyMjI3MDYtMGNjYi00Mjk3LWE5NzItMTZmMmJiZGZmZmJi

Problems (That i think can be fixed)

1.Lockscreen message that says "This SIM card is from an unknown source".

TEMP FIX (Until Reboot): If the ROM you are using has the tweaks menu (MikROM) then you can go to Miscellaneous Options>>>Choose Lockscreen Style and select 'Android Lockscreen', Then Restart or Hot Restart and change the option back to 'HTC Sense Lockscreen'. THIS WILL REMOVE THE 'This SIM card is from an unknown source' message, but this process must be done every time your battery dies or you turn off the phone.
    (still better than the ugly message every time you turn on the phone screen).
    open

Screenshot to show lockscreen message: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0U8I71u15EGOTJmODAwZDEtOGJjMy00NDk3LTlhYmYtYTQ1NDc1NzU4Mjc1
    mightve fixed sms stay tuned :)
    Ok, I got a $1 prepaid T-Mobile SIM card with 10 minutes of talk and/or texts.

I put it in my Rezound using 4.03.605.2 stock rooted, s-off phone.
    I got the SIM lock screen warning, so I went to bootloader and used the SIMLOCK menu item to load a config.dat file I got for free from the internet. However, it did not remove the SIM lock screen warning, so I suppose that is something of a nag screen to be lived with.

Here is where I got the config.dat to unlock the HTC Rezound:
    http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/22/universal-sim-unlock-for-s-offed-htc-devices-536
    Unfortunately, I do not know if it helps or not since I did not try to actually use the T-Mobile SIM card prior to installing the config.dat file, and there seems to be no way to un-do it. It certainly did not help to eliminate the SIM warning screen. I do not know if it was in any way helpful for getting voice and texting working.

With the Verizon SIM installed, one can not modify or add APNs. Anyway, with the T-Mobile SIM card installed, switch to GSM/utms, and one can add and modify APNs. The Verizon APN automatically gets some modifications for T-Mobile, but will still have the APN Field set to VZWINTERNET and the APN Type is incorrect. One can add the T-Mobile APN information to a new APN or modify the existing APN, and then I got "E" for Edge speed on the notification top line on the phone. I sent a text message and received a text message.

I can not get any speeds faster than Edge. This might be because I do not have a data plan, as it is just a voice and text prepaid plan on the T-Mobile SIM card. Or it might be that the faster data modes on T-Mobile are not frequency compatible with the Rezound.

It was very difficult to find with Google, but here is a webpage with the frequencies and GSM/HSPA specifications for the rezound: http://www.webkitlab.com/#mobile-spec-root

It is very tricky to put the phone back into Verizon use. When the Verizon SIM is installed and the phone booted up, there will always be exactly one APN which is locked from modification. It will have inside it the T-Mobile APN (epc.tmobile) information that was last used with the T-Mobile SIM card. This will be the case even if you added a new APN for T-Mobile use, as it somehow ends up modifying the Verizon APN.

The solution is, with the T-Mobile SIM card still in the phone, switch the phone to LTE mode. Then go into the APN menu and change the APN to be VZWINTERNET. Then switch to the Verizon SIM card and it will work fine. The APN is locked from change when using the Verizon SIM card.

So, you should have written down the Verizon APN information and the T-Mobile APN information before experimenting with a T-Mobile Sim card, and will need to enter it when changing SIM cards. That's the only hassle, that APN information must be entered every time one will be switching SIM card, and the information can not be entered or changed while the Verizon SIM card is inserted.

I did some texting tests, but didn't do phone call tests.

Edge speed is supposed to be very slow - I think I've read 384 Kbps which is better than the dialup modem internet days, but still slow. So, I can see someone being economical and using a T-Mobile prepaid SIM card. $100 gets you 1000 minutes with a one year expiration. Personally, I rarely use even 100 minutes in a month, so it can last a whole year for $100. The negative side is that DATA use will be limited to when having WiFi availabile. T-Mobile does have a monthly plan with 100 minutes and 5 GB of fast data for $30 per month, but I do not think the Rezound works on T-Mobile's HSPA+ frequency, so this would be a waste to spend $30 per month and get Edge speeds. At least it appears this way to me.

So, I got a great deal of entertainment value from my $1 T-Mobile Sim Card.

This might help others,
    Regards,

Howard
    How do you switch to UMTS 2100 SIM card? I'm a little confused (are you saying that you have multiple sim cards from your carrier ?)

Thanks

Actually we have 4 mobile carriers here and each one operate on different UMTS band. I have 3 SIM from each one of them which are 850 900 and 2100.

So that why i'm able to test and confirm to you guys.
    Ok, finally after trial and error for almost 4 hours. I can confirm that the Rezound work 100% for Voice + Data on only one UMTS band which is 2100

on UMTS 900 SIM it does show connect to HSDPA but no data at all, i try all the method which recommend by "i rule123" but not working. No data connection at all

on UMTS 850 SIM it show connection as EDGE, still no data connection.

but once i swicth my phone to UMTS 2100 SIM card, i just enter APN and switch it to WCDMA prefer... then 3G just pop up instantly i do reboot restart and hard reset still UMTS 2100 SIM work 100% no trick no procedure what so ever. It just work :)