G2X

Search This thread

.Bambino

Nov 3, 2010
Charm City
So I dropped my Sidekick 4G and my screen shattered literally. So I found someone who is selling a G2X cheap brand new. Pretty excited especially since my Sidekick 4G froze and glitched a lot! So G2X to Sidekick 4G a upgrade?

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
So I dropped my Sidekick 4G and my screen shattered literally. So I found someone who is selling a G2X cheap brand new. Pretty excited especially since my Sidekick 4G froze and glitched a lot! So G2X to Sidekick 4G a upgrade?

Big upgrade. But how much u buying it for?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
That's a ****ing deal! Ha sorry for cursing. I got mine yesterday almost new for 200. I say do it. Its a really great phone. for its technology, its cheap. Unlike sensation and amaze that are like 250+

.Bambino

Nov 3, 2010
Charm City
Im going to do it. A lot of people are trying to sell the G2X for that much as well. Im glad I found this person selling it for 180$. Imma just hold on to this for now until my contract expires and then go to Sprint and get the HTC One.

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
Im going to do it. A lot of people are trying to sell the G2X for that much as well. Im glad I found this person selling it for 180$. Imma just hold on to this for now until my contract expires and then go to Sprint and get the HTC One.

That's what I'm doing. But its gunna be hard. My contract ends in one year. Ha. Well T-Mobile has the HTC one too. I also recommend u to wait fore the s3.

.Bambino

Nov 3, 2010
Charm City
With the Sidekick having so many glitches and freezing Imma pass on any Samsung phone lol.I know T-Mobile is coming out with that phone also and I am not sure if it is any different then the one Sprint has.

tweeklulz

Jun 7, 2011
having one crappy phone from a manufacturer doesn't really affect the quality of other phones at all. the galaxy s II is one of the best phones of the past year. the galaxy nexus is also by samsung, and is also one of the best phones around at the moment. what you should look at is the phone's category, gsII and gnexus are both high end phones, while the sidekick 4g is an entry-level device.

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
true. galaxy s2 and galaxy nexus were the best. probably still the best right now. but g2x is a good phone. you will have fun with it. once u get it, if it asks for a ota update, dont do it yet. there are no roms for it as of now.

shank15217

Apr 23, 2012
The t-mobiel rom is very stable and very good, there is no need to use modded rom, none of the modes hold a candle to this update because of the firmware, driver and baseband upgrades in this rom. I am sure mods off this stock rom will come out soon and CNG will release their updates in the next couple of months however the stock rom is the best fully functional rom thats out right now only because LG fixed fundamental firmware and driver issues this round.

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
The t-mobiel rom is very stable and very good, there is no need to use modded rom, none of the modes hold a candle to this update because of the firmware, driver and baseband upgrades in this rom. I am sure mods off this stock rom will come out soon and CNG will release their updates in the next couple of months however the stock rom is the best fully functional rom thats out right now only because LG fixed fundamental firmware and driver issues this round.

true. im running to stock rooted ota. and its perfect

.Bambino

Nov 3, 2010
Charm City
Phone is great so far. So should I root the phone or not? I have 2.3.3 right now. Give me some cool ideas you guys think I should try out. Also when I go to Software Update it gives me this error. "Connection failed caused by authentication error."

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
Phone is great so far. So should I root the phone or not? I have 2.3.3 right now. Give me some cool ideas you guys think I should try out. Also when I go to Software Update it gives me this error. "Connection failed caused by authentication error."

Ummmm root it then! There's cyanogwn mod, miui

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
Its easy. Just look up the tutorials in xda. Its just install drivers. A fail apx, update apx to the correct drivers. Flash clockwork. Then Roms. Loom it up