Testing the anker 6200mah and Hyperion 6200mah

Search This thread

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
Or just get a case that has a silicone sleeve that goes over the back like the defender which covers the color anyway.

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
Didn't see it listed here, but the new Hyperion has NFC installed in its battery cover for the 6200mAh battery. I am not finding it requires 12 hours to charge to full using the OEM Samsung AC adapter and quality Monoprice 3ft USB cable. I picked up a second 6200mAh hyperion because I didn't think I could get a full recharge overnight if it was going to take 12 hours... so it looks like I have a ton of battery juice available, just in case, lol. Really impressed with the price and ship times of the hyperion from amazon.com. And the hyperion case feels solid, probably the best combo of weight and feel I have found in a case \ battery combo.
YMMV.

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
My Hyperion didn't take that long at all to charge either but I still left it on for 12 hours.
First charge would have lasted me about two days but I had to use a battery draining app to kill the rest of the battery or I would have ran out the next afternoon at work.

When I got to work today I looked at my phone and it was down 10%... after an hour of being off the charger and me not using it.
I used it quite a bit since this morning and it's only gone down to 81% so I don't know why it drained so fast but at least it's stopped.
This battery is amazing!

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
Trying to charge my initial battery to full so I can take it out and put the backup battery on the charger... and the last 10% recharges at a snails pace.
But ya, I am noticing that too, it quickly drains the first 10% for me as well, then takes forever to run down. An iPhone 5 user tried to tell me he only used 9% of his battery with heavy use. Trying to explain to him that his battery was about 1\3 the size of the Hyperion 6200mAh was like trying to explain it to my dog at home, so I showed him where he could see phone use since the last recharge. Once he realized it read 47 min of use, he dropped the subject. LoL!

Do you many battery saving settings with your phone? (brightness set to auto, slowing the cpu, etc) I haven't changed anything yet, but I might tinker with it this weekend.

one80oneday

Apr 19, 2008
Florida
Tried one of the cheap 6500mah batteries from eBay and it doesn't last even as long as the stock 3100mah battery. I don't mind the extra size so I'll be ordering an Anker next.

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
I've had the Hyperion battery for about 3 weeks and I wasnt too impressed with the first 10% dropping off after charging in a span of two hours. I raised serious concern about it and Hyperion refunded my money and told me to keep the battery. I am waiting for my Anker to be shipped to me sometiime this weekend. I hope I have a better experience with that one.

As for the OD mod for the extended battery, I strongly suggest to do it if you have a dremel! I didnt have one and it took a lot of work to cut through the Otterbox case...Whew! Other than that,I love it! :good:

Reactions: 300winmag

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
Awwww thats not what I wanted to hear!
Mine does the same thing, I was hoping it would only last the first few charges. :(
Looks like I have a decision to make....

mesh626

Aug 12, 2009
Los Angeles
I've had the Hyperion battery for about 3 weeks and I wasnt too impressed with the first 10% dropping off after charging in a span of two hours. I raised serious concern about it and Hyperion refunded my money and told me to keep the battery. I am waiting for my Anker to be shipped to me sometiime this weekend. I hope I have a better experience with that one.

As for the OD mod for the extended battery, I strongly suggest to do it if you have a dremel! I didnt have one and it took a lot of work to cut through the Otterbox case...Whew! Other than that,I love it! :good:

Awwww thats not what I wanted to hear!
Mine does the same thing, I was hoping it would only last the first few charges. :(
Looks like I have a decision to make....

So basically you two don't like the hyperion batteries? I'm asking because I'm in the market for an extended battery and wanted to get either the Hyperion or Anker. From the looks of things I'm leaning more towards the Anker. I've had the Hyperion on the S3 and it was awesome lasted long and I remember reading something about our wall chargers only let the batteries for so long so it doesn't charge the extended battery to its full potential. So I would always put in my OEM battery while I charge the extended on its own charger.

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
I am going to wait for a few charges to make that call.
The battery does last a crazy long time even with losing that 10% in the first hour.

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
So basically you two don't like the hyperion batteries? I'm asking because I'm in the market for an extended battery and wanted to get either the Hyperion or Anker. From the looks of things I'm leaning more towards the Anker. I've had the Hyperion on the S3 and it was awesome lasted long and I remember reading something about our wall chargers only let the batteries for so long so it doesn't charge the extended battery to its full potential. So I would always put in my OEM battery while I charge the extended on its own charger.

My hyperion didn't come with a charger and I didn't see an option for one. Ive read better reviews for the anker.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
Did Hyperion offer you a replacement battery or you just wanted to get an anker? Also did you get it from their Amazon store? Thanks for the reply.

I did get it from their amazon store. After emailing them 3 different times about the battery, they sent me a full refund. I had ordered the anker before emailing them the last time and their offering to refund my money. They didn't offer a replacement.

Greatbape

Jul 2, 2010
I am going to wait for a few charges to make that call.
The battery does last a crazy long time even with losing that 10% in the first hour.

Are you charging it 2 to 3 hours longer once it hits hits 100%. That's what my qcell battery requires per instructions.

300winmag

Dec 21, 2012
Initial charge should be at least 12 hours, Subsequent uses charge as needed.
Fully charge and discharge battery 4 to 5 times to reach best performance.

As per Hyperion

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
Here is some correspondence I had with Hyperion via email about the quick discharging:

Me: OK. I received my extended battery and per instructions, I let it charge the intial 12 hours. I took it off of the charge around 6AM CST and Ive made 2 calls and browsed a couple of websites. My battery is already down to 93%! That couldnt possbile be normal. Even the stock battery wouldnt delete that fast. I have attached a screenshot for you. Please advise. Am I doing something wrong?

Hyperion: Thanks for the inquiry! We do recommend that you perform 4-5 cycles of charge/discharge/recharge, making sure that you charge up to 12 hours for the first few charges. This is known as the break-in period of the battery and helps achieve optimal use. If you continue to have difficulty, let me know and we will be happy to send a replacement.

Have a good day,
Hyperion EA

Me: Thank you for responding. When you say discharge, am I suppose to let it die then recharge or let it go down to a certain percentage?

Hyperion: The discharge time doesn't matter...It is the charging time that is most important.

Me (two weeks later): I have contacted your company a few times regarding my extended battery for the note 2. I've had my phone off of the charger for less than 2 hours and I'm already down to 96%. I have tried the charge/ discharge cycles and so far this battery isn't lasting that much better than stock.

Hyperion: I have refunded the purchase and rather than inconvenience you any further, I just ask that you dispose of the defective item once you have received email confirmation of the refund.

Great Customer service and company. Maybe I just got a bad battery, but with all of my power saving options turned on and being on wifi 90% of the time, I shouldnt have been discharging so quickly....:(

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
@babiegurl36 thats the nature of these aftermarket batteries. The Anker will also do that it will discharge fast the first 10-15% then should level out... I havent received any of the stuff I ordered yet but coming from other devices and using different types of aftermarket batteries most, if not all, of the ones I have has done this. Just let the battery run the course of the day and let it drain to atleast 5% before its recharged.. I also found it beneficial to charge the aftermarket battery with an external charger.

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
@babiegurl36 thats the nature of these aftermarket batteries. The Anker will also do that it will discharge fast the first 10-15% then should level out... I havent received any of the stuff I ordered yet but coming from other devices and using different types of aftermarket batteries most, if not all, of the ones I have has done this. Just let the battery run the course of the day and let it drain to atleast 5% before its recharged.. I also found it beneficial to charge the aftermarket battery with an external charger.

Thanks for that info. I truly appreciate it but my battery seems to die before hitting the 48 hour mark. How long should I expect it to last on one charge? I have the power saving option on, Gps, sync, and bluetooth are never used and I'm on wifi 98% of the time yet I'm not lasting long. Right now my battery is at 38% and it's been 1 day 3hrs and 24 mins.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my 3rd charge on my anker
    Now I have a op in general for this battery with tons of pics throughout its use. It's quite detailed. Please look over in general section for more comparisons. I feel the anker is the best I've tested. I've done the 6500 ebay specials have 3 of those. And one of the 7600 ones and there the same as the 6500 ones.
    sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c. and under volted, wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!
    I charged mine in the phone. It came in at 59%. No troubles at all . Once hit full. Reset battery stats. And went to town.

sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c. and under volted, wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!

Oh ya..thats not that great for 6200 mah battery... I got 24hrs on my stock battery with 10hrs screen time.
    I think the battery is stabilizing now. I've been off the charger for almost 5 hours on lte and streaming music and its still at 90%