Is it possible to change owner name in Google Now?

Search This thread

Rattles

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Guys,

i know its a random question but i was wondering if it is possible to change the name that Touchless Control uses? Ok Google Now can't pronounce my first name so instead its simply spelling it out. i would like to change it to something else that it is can pronounce but so far i have been unable to find out how to do that.

kcipopnevets

Oct 6, 2013
Brooklyn
Hi Guys,

i know its a random question but i was wondering if it is possible to change the name that Touchless Control uses? Ok Google Now can't pronounce my first name so instead its simply spelling it out. i would like to change it to something else that it is can pronounce but so far i have been unable to find out how to do that.

You can try changing your name card. Pull down the notification shade, tap your name/profile icon, tap your name in the floating window, and tap the 3 dots to edit the name. I just tried and it's working fine.

Rattles

Nov 14, 2011
You can try changing your name card. Pull down the notification shade, tap your name/profile icon, tap your name in the floating window, and tap the 3 dots to edit the name. I just tried and it's working fine.

Thanks but that didn't work for me. it is still using my full name. the funny thing is that it sometimes pronounces it right and sometimes it doesnt.

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
If you use G+ you can change your profile name within the app. It will update on all your Google products. The OK Google Now feature pulls your name from your Google profile.

Sent from my Moto X.