[Q] External battery: yes/no, what?

Search This thread

alemercuzio

Aug 29, 2009
After a year I would like to power my battery with ad external help.
Does external batteries work well for that?
There are better brand to choose?
There are particular skill to search for?

I would like to use it with several devices

Iruwen

Dec 14, 2012
I've been using various Anker products with great success and no issues so far (just search at Amazon, I can't post external links yet). The reviews are also quite positive and the price tag seems fair.

/e: ok, there's already a thread on that topic.

Last edited:

ToRt1sher

May 10, 2014
For me, external batteries are a must. I have 2 (cheap ones from ebay) and although they don't have any extreme features, they give me some little extra power to get through the day.

renel18

Jun 11, 2013
For me no.... its to bulky...better use and bring my powerbank

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

walkthree

external battery

If you need to charge several device at the same time, I suggest you buy the one which have several outputs. And you must notice the Output current because different device need different current, for example,1A can charge all of the mobile phone but can't charge your ipad, if you need charge ipad, you should choose 1.5A or 2.0A. That is to say, if you need charge ipad and iphone at the same time, you need buy the battery which has two outputs 2.0 and 1.0.
As for the brand, choose the ones who have passed MFI certification will be better, but the price will be much higher, So I think brand is not very important, the most important is the quality and price. Hope it is helpful for you.

_darkjoker_

Dec 6, 2013
fgiobergia.com
If your devices don't make it to the end of the day and the battery is still acceptably new, you should go for an external battery.

But, before buying one, you should really consider whether you're wasting your battery: do you keep your internet connection active all the time? Do you use WiFi when possible? Do you switch to Airplane mode when you are somewhere with little to no signal? Is your GPS/Bluetooth/NFC activated even when you're not using them?

There's a lot of small things that may help you make it through the day without an external battery :D

Hermosa

Jan 14, 2014
After a year I would like to power my battery with ad external help.
Does external batteries work well for that?
There are better brand to choose?
There are particular skill to search for?

I would like to use it with several devices

For me, external batteries are no necessary,I'd like to use power bank.I bought a 12000 mAh power bank from Amazon.Just throw it in handbag or backpack,I would never worry having enough power.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00IKEVZVG/ref=sm_xx__xx/?condition=new
I would recommend it!

Oscar2907

Jun 20, 2013
Malaga
Hi, my opinion is that no external battery, but more internal capacity if. I have the 9300 mah zerolemon for note 2 and it's going very well, although a little heavy, but worth it. Regards