Poetic Atmosphere

Search This thread

RENEGAD3

Feb 12, 2012
North East, UK
Mine came today, definatly not the perfect case for this phone but it is very good, i love it, has the tinyest lip so you know when you reach the end of the screen but just enough lip so the phone isnt in the screen when face down

Pure+

May 28, 2013
So I have finally done to my case what poetic should've done in the first place. I removed the silicon lip from the back part of the case the surrounds the power button. It was super easy to do. I simply, with a pocket knife, cut into the silicon and after making the cuts on either side of the portion I wanted removed it simply peeled off. I then used my knife to lightly whittle away at the plastic. I did so at an angle that would slant the back of the case inward toward the back of the phone make it less obtrusive and more flush with the phone itself. Obviously this part would have worked better with a dremel tool, but I don't posses one. all that is left to do is sand down the area I cut away at so it is smoother and looks less like its been cut at all. The goal is to look as unmodified as possible.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 214

projectD

Sep 25, 2011
im guessing the point of cutting that out is...to reach the power button easier?
I don't see the problem with that 1mm elevation from the power button personally.

Then again i hardly use the power button and usually just use the gestures to unlock the phone.

Pure+

May 28, 2013
im guessing the point of cutting that out is...to reach the power button easier?
I don't see the problem with that 1mm elevation from the power button personally.

Then again i hardly use the power button and usually just use the gestures to unlock the phone.

Yes that was the point. The lip just made it awkward often times because I reach up for the button and because of how tall the phone is compared to most I'd just end up feeling the edge and never fining the button without looking. Sounds silly I know, it's on the right side how hard could it be? But trimming it down like that just makes it even more mindless and easy.

Sent from my nV:M8

projectD

Sep 25, 2011
Yes that was the point. The lip just made it awkward often times because I reach up for the button and because of how tall the phone is compared to most I'd just end up feeling the edge and never fining the button without looking. Sounds silly I know, it's on the right side how hard could it be? But trimming it down like that just makes it even more mindless and easy.

hey whatever makes it more comfortable for ya
i guess since i'm coming from an S3, im basically used to the size of the phone as its only slightly bigger
what I do have to get used to is the power button on top, since samsung sticks their power buttons on the right side and volume rocker on the left

I keep pressing the volume rocker up to unlock my phone. Which is why i like the double tap the unlock on the M8 or the default swipe up lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm also in the Bay Area, and I received the case today. Decided to take some quick unboxing pictures and gives some initial impressions of the case.

Comes in a clear packaging, with no accessories. A nice frostiness to the case, adds a hint of grip to the slick back of the HTC One. Putting it on, the first thing I noticed is how tight the case fits. Taking this case off is difficult. If you are the type to constantly change phone cases, this can be an issue for you. I plan to keep this case on for a while though.

The buttons push alright, hoping that it's loosen up after further use. There is a bare minimal amount of lip protection for the front of the screen, but it's not pronounced at all. Other than that, all the cut outs are perfectly aligned. And finally there are the looks. I think this case looks great, and you can see for yourself in the pictures. The brush metal peaks out and looks great under the opaque shell. The phone remains slim, and that's all I ask for. The only thing remains to be seen is if the peeling issues will rear its ugly head. Sure hope not, because the case's aesthetics are ace!

More pictures at the link: http://imgur.com/a/KIQfd#0
    please post some pics here once you guys get them. Thanks!

I most certainly will.

Yeah that's the same here. Somehow I got prime shipping. But when I look back at the case there is no prime eligible status.

It's totally strange. Not sure how it happened but I'm not going to complain. Free is free after all.

Hmm hopefully learnt from the M7. Think I'll await reviews thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well, you shouldn't have to wait to long. I'll be posting one as soon as I get it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Received mine yesterday. I have mixed feelings on this case. I absolutely love how slim it is. I was really surprised with just how minimal the case actually is. However, the case is very slippery. Almost as slippery as the phone is itself, which worries me because this case obviously doesn't offer much protection from drops. Also, there is a bubble in the rubber edging that I'm sure will eventually get worse and require me getting a new/different case. This will surely be different for many, but it shows that their QC isn't all that great. If it had been a more expensive case, I would have returned it due to this defect, but for the price it was, it's not worth the hassle.
    Bottom line, though, this is a great case for the price. However, if you are looking for a case that will add more grip, you should look elsewhere.

If you contact them about the issue they'll send you a new case for free. Last year when I had my M7 I had the poetic and they orange tpu absorbed the dye from my jeans, when I contacted them about the sent out a replacement and I had it within 3 days.

Anyone pre-ordered the Poetic Atmosphere case? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Poetic-Atmosphere-Bumper-Manufacturer-Warranty/dp/B00J2D5I4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398633382&sr=8-1&keywords=htc+one+m8+poetic+atmosphere

The htc in the pic seem to be an early render (no 3 piece metal there), however the case seems to be interesting.

I know there were some issues with the m7 case, but I hope they were resolved...
    FINALLY came in the mail today. So far, I really love it. It's just like the one I had on my M7, except much easier to take on and off. Only complaint is the lip is nearly non existent. On one hand this is good, as you can access hard to reach pull out menus on the side of the screen. Unfortunately however, the small lip, coupled with my .4mm glass Zagg, has resulted in no lip. When I put my M8 face down, the screen protector now makes contact with the surface. If I drop the phone and it lands face down, the screen protector will most likely crack, hopefully though still saving the screen in the process.

Ultimately though, I really love the case. It protects my device, while simultaneously showing off the beautiful full body aluminum of the phone.