Best Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?

Search This thread

volfan22

Apr 3, 2011
Do you guys have any suggestions on which screen protector does the best of keeping the screen clear of fingerprints? I feel like I'm constantly wiping my screen protector off. I am using the screen protectors from vzw.

tomcat7165

Jan 28, 2013
Do you guys have any suggestions on which screen protector does the best of keeping the screen clear of fingerprints? I feel like I'm constantly wiping my screen protector off. I am using the screen protectors from vzw.

I have the same problem.... armour suit-military shield works the best for me..

supertoast92

Jan 8, 2013
I'm also on the same boat...using a Zagg Ultrashield right now. Although I like the feel of it, its a huge fingerprint magnet. Just looked into an RND anti glare and fingerprint set off Amazon, hopefully it will be better.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

thunderbolt33

Feb 17, 2012
Silver Spring
I'm also on the same boat...using a Zagg Ultrashield right now. Although I like the feel of it, its a huge fingerprint magnet. Just looked into an RND anti glare and fingerprint set off Amazon, hopefully it will be better.

Let us know how that goes, im looking to buy a new screen protector too, hate having to constantly wipe my screen!

volfan22

Apr 3, 2011
I figured I wasn't the only one lol. It feels like every time I take it out of my pocket I'm wiping the screen off.

supertoast92

Jan 8, 2013

ShelW

Mar 25, 2009
Day Deal has a screen protector for the DNA, described as Anti Glare, which is great at minimizing finger prints and smudges.

It hides most fingerprints, but if you do get any fingerprints or smudges, a quick wipe on your pants or tee-shirt cleans it right up.

Also, the screen looks very good when the device is turned on.

On the negative side, it IS noticable on your screen, when the screen is turned off.

Also, it doesn't go right up to the edges, but it does cover the touch buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Works well with most covers.

supertoast92

Jan 8, 2013
Well, Amazon is fast that's for sure. Ordered the screen protector yesterday with free 2-day and it showed up today. It isn't edge-to-edge, which is a bit disappointing as you have to be extremely precise in aligning it with the screen itself. At least it covers the buttons. A plus about not being edge-to-edge is that there's no interference with my case, so I won't have to worry about bubbling up. Guess this will do until I find a better matte set...

volfan22

Apr 3, 2011
Well, Amazon is fast that's for sure. Ordered the screen protector yesterday with free 2-day and it showed up today. It isn't edge-to-edge, which is a bit disappointing as you have to be extremely precise in aligning it with the screen itself. At least it covers the buttons. A plus about not being edge-to-edge is that there's no interference with my case, so I won't have to worry about bubbling up. Guess this will do until I find a better matte set...

Gosh that was quick! It sounds like it is exactly the same dimensions as the stock ones from vzw. On the sides it just barely covers the screen. But what do you think about it so far? Keeping the fingerprints off good?

supertoast92

Jan 8, 2013
Yep, sounds right, this one barely covers the edges of the screen.

I think it's much better than the Zagg I was using in terms of functionality. Keeps fingerprints off relatively well, still get some smears but they come off so much easier than with the Zagg. Plus it feels so much cleaner when swiping...what I was using before made my thumbs feel like they were glued to the screen when I swiped. The only thing I wished is that it was edge-to-edge, but then again, that would probably cause issues with a case.

volfan22

Apr 3, 2011
Yep, sounds right, this one barely covers the edges of the screen.

I think it's much better than the Zagg I was using in terms of functionality. Keeps fingerprints off relatively well, still get some smears but they come off so much easier than with the Zagg. Plus it feels so much cleaner when swiping...what I was using before made my thumbs feel like they were glued to the screen when I swiped. The only thing I wished is that it was edge-to-edge, but then again, that would probably cause issues with a case.

Sounds better than the stock one lol. Can you please post a link so I know which ones you got? I think I'm gonna try them out.

tobiascrystal

Apr 7, 2010
I know that some people swear by screen protectors but since the invent of gorilla glass 1 there has been no need for it. I don't have any problems with just not using any screen protector at all on this or my last phone that I had for over 2 years and had gorilla glass. I barely have any finger prints ever, just the act of putting it in and out of my pocket cleans it off. Plus I love how smooth the glass is compared to how sticky those protectors feel.

volfan22

Apr 3, 2011
I know that some people swear by screen protectors but since the invent of gorilla glass 1 there has been no need for it. I don't have any problems with just not using any screen protector at all on this or my last phone that I had for over 2 years and had gorilla glass. I barely have any finger prints ever, just the act of putting it in and out of my pocket cleans it off. Plus I love how smooth the glass is compared to how sticky those protectors feel.

I would just go bare screen but even with gorilla glass people's screens are still getting scratched. I would rather deal with a screen protector than having a scratch on my screen forever.

ViperDNA

danielhall2689

Aug 19, 2012
Atlanta
yeah i have already gotten a scratch on my screen... I had the Skinomi screen protector but my Diztronic case caused it to bubble up at the edges then it folded 2 days after i put it on when i put my phone in my pocket (there was no saving it... lint everywhere) Since then i have not used a screen protector but am definatly interested to see how those anti glare and fingerprint protectors do.

KyJelly69

Apr 26, 2010
Indianapolis
them are the ones i got. good product and i actually like the fact that it doesn't go to the edge of the screen because, the last ones i had the case would cause them to bubble up.

I don't personally care for the matte finish kind of protectors and the screen is anti-glare enough on its own. I got the ones from photodon. MXA with oleophobic option. Crystal clear and once it is lightly washed feels just the the screen without one. Also does not go to the edge so no worry about cases. Btw I got the minisuit flex case on amazon for around $5 and it fits so snuggly I can barely tell it's there.

http://www.photodon.com/p/MXA-2905-01.html

Spider210

Sep 13, 2010
I just put XtremeGUARD I can say wet apply and fingerprint free looks amazing after it drys for 48hrs. It doesn't leave finger prints like verizon screen protector