[Q] Dock Mode without the Dock

Search This thread

jblaylock

Apr 3, 2013
Richmond
www.kycreeks.com
Is there a way to get the Atrix HD into Dock mode without buying the Moto dock? I'd like to use the dock mode while I'm at work, but I feel the price of the desk dock is a little too high for what I'll use it for. I'd like to have it (it looks nice) but can't justify spending that much. I read about an app Dockrunner, but it doesn't exist anymore. Any tips?

diamond12

Nov 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes, it's interesting they is no reference that they are the same part. Still, the official Atrix HD dock that I ordered, Motorola part number 89582N, has the SJYN0914A part number at the bottom.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Also, the Motorola part number for the Droid RAZR dock is 89527N, so I'm not sure what the SJYN0914A part number refers to. I also have a dock with the SJYN0916A part number at the bottom, which I guess is Motorola part number 89526N. This one has 3 USB ports in the back and I have confirmed that it works fine with the Atrix HD, which sees keyboard, mice and USB flash drives plugged in the USB ports. It's $18 at Amazon.

Reactions: jblaylock

jblaylock

Apr 3, 2013
Richmond
www.kycreeks.com
Yes, it's interesting they is no reference that they are the same part. Still, the official Atrix HD dock that I ordered, Motorola part number 89582N, has the SJYN0914A part number at the bottom.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Also, the Motorola part number for the Droid RAZR dock is 89527N, so I'm not sure what the SJYN0914A part number refers to. I also have a dock with the SJYN0916A part number at the bottom, which I guess is Motorola part number 89526N. This one has 3 USB ports in the back and I have confirmed that it works fine with the Atrix HD, which sees keyboard, mice and USB flash drives plugged in the USB ports. It's $18 at Amazon.

Just to follow up. This item works great. The charger does get the batter a little warm when charging. I suppose it's because it's a 1.5 charger.

I think the reason there is 2 part numbers is because the part# for the RAZR includes the extra plastic piece for that phone...that's my guess. Thanks for your help on this. I love this in my office!

jblaylock

Apr 3, 2013
Richmond
www.kycreeks.com

Interesting thing happened today. The dock has been working fine, then suddenly it stopped putting my phone into dock mode. It still charges, but it's not daydreaming or anything else. Have you had any issue like this?

diamond12

Nov 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Interesting thing happened today. The dock has been working fine, then suddenly it stopped putting my phone into dock mode. It still charges, but it's not daydreaming or anything else. Have you had any issue like this?

No but my phone is slightly lagging going into and out of dock mode. Once I actually had the opposite with my car dock, where I took my phone off of it but it still stayed in car dock mode!

jblaylock

Apr 3, 2013
Richmond
www.kycreeks.com
Maybe it's an issue with my ROM. It pops up the selector for the keyboard layout like it's in dock mode, but daydream will not start. Daydream still works, and if I activate it for 'when charging' it will come up. This is odd.

jblaylock

Apr 3, 2013
Richmond
www.kycreeks.com
No but my phone is slightly lagging going into and out of dock mode. Once I actually had the opposite with my car dock, where I took my phone off of it but it still stayed in car dock mode!

I think I found that the issue was that the phone wasn't making proper contact with the magnets to enable the mode.

Another question for you. Does using the dock make your battery temp spike? Mine will go up to 100+ F even after it's charged. I'm not sure if it's the charger or the screen heating it up because I use daydream.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is $10 too much for the dock? Search Amazon for SJYN0914A.