[Q] "adb server out of date" along with many other problems.

Search This thread

starlitjessi

Nov 20, 2011
Nashville
So, I have spent the last 4 hours trying to find information and trying to fix things and I have yet to get nowhere.

I tried to install SkyDragon (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2400161) on my HTC One. Having gotten an insurance replacement in the last month, I forgot that I hadn't gotten around to getting S-OFF on this replacement device. (I had S-OFF on my old one). Due to this, everything got messed up.

It was trying to boot, went to HTC screen, then tried to reboot to recovery. Clockwork mod would boot, but as soon as any graphics came on the screen, it would reboot back to the HTC screen. This looped.

I managed to flash TWRP on it, but the same thing was happening.

After using fastboot to clear the cache, I got into TWRP. Awesome. Now I just need to get a ROM on this sucker.

adb keeps telling me "adb server is out of date. killing..." In regards to this, I have gone to the Android SDK and installed the latest version. I also tried updating to the latest drivers on my computer as well.

To my understanding, you can't push whole .zip files with fastboot, but I tried to use the "fastboot update rom.zip" command, which won't work due to "archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'" and "archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'".

I tried to go into TWRP and mount the storage, but lo-and-behold it crashes and doesn't mount crap so I can't copy this rom over to flash it with TWRP.

Please. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not the MOST android savvy, but I have tried everything I could think of. One last resort is I'm gonna try to flash clockwork and see if I can get it to mount. Please help me? :(

EDIT: Clockwork didn't work, and sideload won't work because "adb server is out of date. killing..."

EDIT 2: I've got an M7_UL with S-ON, HBOOT 1.44.0000. Fastboot works like a charm, adb tries to connect but fails every time.

Last edited:

starlitjessi

Nov 20, 2011
Nashville
Using my roommates computer, I downloaded the Android SDK and I am now able to adb push. Here's to hoping just pushing a ROM and booting into recovery to flash it will work.