[Q] looping after doing something stupid.

Search This thread

s996kingsm

Apr 14, 2014
well good afternoon. I messed up my phone and I am not quite sure how. :( on the bootloader screen I have

***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.24p.32.09.06
OpenDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot
Nov 26 2012,18:37:14:-1

so I was trying to get a new ROM on it I can move stuff to it using fastboot and adb but nothing will install I keep getting signature errors.
most of the time I can not find the ROM's I send through adb when I go to install them. It is like my SDcard died or is formatted funny. Any help would be great what can I do I just wanted something other than AT&T's 4.1 oh I have twrp 2.7.0.0 on it. cid: 11111111

Thanks
Steven

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Why are you using adb to send the ROM zips to your phone? You can use the "mount usb storage" feature in TWRP to mount your sd card as a removable drive in Windows and copy files across. What are the exact filenames of the ROM zips you've flashed? I need the exact filename. You're s-on so have you been flashing the boot.img via fastboot after flashing the ROM zip?

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk

s996kingsm

Apr 14, 2014
Why are you using adb to send the ROM zips to your phone? You can use the "mount usb storage" feature in TWRP to mount your sd card as a removable drive in Windows and copy files across. What are the exact filenames of the ROM zips you've flashed? I need the exact filename. You're s-on so have you been flashing the boot.img via fastboot after flashing the ROM zip?

one of them I tried today is CleanROM-7.0R2.zip. I have tried to mount usb storage and it seems to never mount my sdcard when windows finally does see it it is not recognized with in windows and ask to be formatted.

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Did you do a factory reset in bootloader? This corrupts the sdcard and requires formatting it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: s996kingsm

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
one of them I tried today is CleanROM-7.0R2.zip. I have tried to mount usb storage and it seems to never mount my sdcard when windows finally does see it it is not recognized with in windows and ask to be formatted.

My guess is that you've performed a factory reset from within the bootloader, which corrupts the sd card. You're gonna need to wipe the sd card using TWRP, then mount it and format it (fat32 format) using Windows.

Reactions: s996kingsm

s996kingsm

Apr 14, 2014
My guess is that you've performed a factory reset from within the bootloader, which corrupts the sd card. You're gonna need to wipe the sd card using TWRP, then mount it and format it (fat32 format) using Windows.

I will try that i do think that is what I did I have no OS on my device now. so hopefully this will help. thank you I will let you know if it works.

s996kingsm

Apr 14, 2014
I finally got it. I had to down grade twrp to 2.6.3.3 then my pc recognized my phone and the SDcard. I formatted it (the SDcard) rebooted to fastboot-usb (fastboot flash boot boot.img) reboot into recovery transfer the ROM.zip to the SDcard install the ROM in twrp. rebooted and it came up. Now the only thing I cant seem to do is get S-OFF working. Oh I am on CleanROM-7.0R2.zip

thank you for all the help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you do a factory reset in bootloader? This corrupts the sdcard and requires formatting it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app