HALP! Odin not working i337 on kit kat

Search This thread

Jayfeather787

Nov 16, 2013
Odin just does not seem to be working at all. I followed the instructions in this guide: http://www.ibtimes.com/android-442-...galaxy-s4-gt-i9505-latest-os-tutorial-1558910.
I followed them exactly, and I know what I am doing, as I have used Odin before. I did this on the Note 2 and S 3. Now, I am on Windows 7 64 bit, and I followed these directions exactly. I made sure to allow debugging from my computer, I have changed usb ports, and done the troubleshooting guide in the unroot unbrick guide in the general section. I have installed drivers with kies, and made sure to also disable kies during the process. The only thing I have not done is reset it. Should I do that? I am trying to root the phone is the chanfire autoroot, and everytime, Odin says failed. I tried with two versions of odin 3.07, one that was included in the Chainfire auto root, and one that was not. Every time it just says failed. What should I do? Please help!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 14

Jayfeather787

Nov 16, 2013
Odin just does not seem to be working at all. I followed the instructions in this guide: http://www.ibtimes.com/android-442-...galaxy-s4-gt-i9505-latest-os-tutorial-1558910.
I followed them exactly, and I know what I am doing, as I have used Odin before. I did this on the Note 2 and S 3. Now, I am on Windows 7 64 bit, and I followed these directions exactly. I made sure to allow debugging from my computer, I have changed usb ports, and done the troubleshooting guide in the unroot unbrick guide in the general section. I have installed drivers with kies, and made sure to also disable kies during the process. The only thing I have not done is reset it. Should I do that? I am trying to root the phone is the chanfire autoroot, and everytime, Odin says failed. I tried with two versions of odin 3.07, one that was included in the Chainfire auto root, and one that was not. Every time it just says failed. What should I do? Please help!

Never mind. I realized that there are different root methods for the 9505 and the 337. Sorry guys. Hopefully a moderator can close this thread. Again very sorry.