Basic feature missing?

Search This thread

scarecrow2012

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney
Voice dialing over Bluetooth seems to be missing in the D855.

Its a feature that many people use daily and not being included really is a disappointment for a phone built in 2014.

Does anyone know of a way to get this working?

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Voice dialing over Bluetooth seems to be missing in the D855.

Its a feature that many people use daily and not being included really is a disappointment for a phone built in 2014.

Does anyone know of a way to get this working?

Have you tried Google now I know it's not the same but might work I've not got Bluetooth in car

scarecrow2012

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney
Have you tried ticking the "Record audio through Bluetooth headset if available" under Language & Input in General Settings

Yes have ticked that option. Currently trying numerous apps on the market but so far no luck. Double pressing headset button redails last number as it should but single press of button for 2 beeps still does nothing, which is strange because it works on every other phone I I have tried eg Nexus 5, Note 3, even cheap chinese knock offs.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I can voice dial with my Bose freestyle ear buds long pressing the play /pause button via Google now so Bluetooth should work just fine. My car has its own system so I can't tell you if it works via Bluetooth but I know Google now always does. Have you set up Google now everywhere yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: scarecrow2012

soCram

Nov 25, 2007
I also got a D855 and no voice-dialing. This feature missing is really ridicoulous. I spent some time for googling a solution with any success. Maybe someone of you got more luck?

LexxLol

Nov 4, 2010
#1!
Did someone get any further with the problem?

Yes, sadly.
I've had some mails with LG Customer Service.
They told me, that this feature isn't implemented at the G3, and that "no modern android smartphone" would have it.
After I replied, that I've successfully tested this function on a Nexus 4 (latest stock rom), Desire Z (latest cm11) and Galaxy S3 (latest cm11), I got another mail from someone else who seems not to get my question and wrote:
"[...] This funktion is simply not existent. "

im praktischen Gebrauch Ihres Smartphones koennen Sie selbst entnehmen, dass dieses Modell nicht ueber eine externe Sprachsteuerung verfuegt. Gerne kann ich Ihnen nochmal bestaetigen, dass es sich hierbei nicht um einen technischen Fehler handelt, sondern dieses Funktion schlichtweg nicht vorhanden ist.

Eine Fehlerdiagnose brauch daher sowohl Ihrerseits, als auch unsererseits nicht gestartet werden.

Damn.

soCram

Nov 25, 2007
Yes, sadly.
I've had some mails with LG Customer Service.
They told me, that this feature isn't implemented at the G3, and that "no modern android smartphone" would have it.
After I replied, that I've successfully tested this function on a Nexus 4 (latest stock rom), Desire Z (latest cm11) and Galaxy S3 (latest cm11), I got another mail from someone else who seems not to get my question and wrote:
"[...] This funktion is simply not existent. "
Damn.

I got pretty much the same answer to my request. I'm really annoyed by the LG support, which tries to sell a bug as a feature and even starts lying around concerning other smartphone's capabilities.
I'll send my device back next week - it's completely useless in my car.

LexxLol

Nov 4, 2010
Had a live chat just now to clear things up.
Yes, the feature isn't implemented.

But "the message" (not sure if mine or any other concerning this) was escalated to software development.
So perhaps, if we are lucky, it will come back with one of the next updates.
To be honest... I wouldn't bet a dime on it.

rafaelwall

Mar 29, 2011
same issue here,... this is VERY ANNOYING and I can't find the solution of this anywhere. Tried several things like freezing voice mate and etc.
No luck.
Subscribed to this thread and waiting for a light

rafaelwall

Mar 29, 2011
Even sold my G3 for that.
Got an Xperia Z2.. too big! Missing my buggy G3! If the Bluetooth dial worked I would return right away!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah tried Google now does not activate when holding the Bluetooth button. Dont know why it works fine on Samsung phones just not the G3.

Because Samsung use their own software for this, its not actually built into Android itself.
    Have you tried ticking the "Record audio through Bluetooth headset if available" under Language & Input in General Settings
    I can voice dial with my Bose freestyle ear buds long pressing the play /pause button via Google now so Bluetooth should work just fine. My car has its own system so I can't tell you if it works via Bluetooth but I know Google now always does. Have you set up Google now everywhere yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app