[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
It's just the kernel. Only other way for now is Widget locker on this rom.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Should be in the skin drawer but not sure. Have not flashed this one.

It boots to Blackout ICS if you clean wipe installed. If not then you have to go in and set the skin like any other skin.

Reactions: alphabets

1967ls2

Jun 17, 2010
So I am on 4.4 pro version htc unlocked with the gb firmware patch. I downloaded the new patch & ph189.zip file from the op. Just flashed them both.

Kernel version is 3.0.16
Build number 3.13.605

Is that right? Or am I still on the old leak still that was released with 4.4. Thanks!

andrewp3481

Jun 30, 2011
Mmmmm........ Man, thats a big jump dude. Nandroid it first then flash. If it works it works. If not you got nandroid to go back to. usually dirty flashing is fine TBH with you. I just dont support it.

You need to flash the kernel. See the op for specific instructions. If after reading the instructions and still cannot figure it out let us know. If you donh let us know make sure you post your raidio and hboot version.

-SCott

Thank you for the advice and tips and tricks. I knew it wasnt that great to dirty flash...i love wiping..most average users would think thats crazy. We'll see what they say. Hopefully i can S-off them while im at it.

Make a Nand. Clean wiped install. Restore Data only from nand. Will get everything back. Works as long as the base does not change. I never dirty flash. :cool:

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

4.5 is basically 4.4 with new 3.14 kernel. If you don't like the performance. Flash the 3.13 kernel and wifi module. :cool:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

mintcookies

Feb 11, 2011
Los Angeles
i just flashed your standard CleamRom after flashing the latest leaked firmware.
had a quick question: what does Save Power toggle do?
i though it would switch my 4G off and switch to 3G, and maybe change the screen brightness or something... but i dont really notice any difference when turning it on/off

overall great rom and thanks for all your work.

1967ls2

Jun 17, 2010
So I am on 4.4 pro version htc unlocked with the gb firmware patch. I downloaded the new patch & ph189.zip file from the op. Just flashed them both.

Kernel version is 3.0.16
Build number 3.13.605

Is that right? Or am I still on the old leak still that was released with 4.4. Thanks!

Yeah that didn't work :( my wifi wouldn't work. I restored the nand I made before trying that & my wifi is still broken. How do I get it working again?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

kaliblazin707

Dec 18, 2010
Ok this might sound likea dumb question... But what "program" do I need to run to achieve s-off if I'm on cleanrom standard? And do I run it on my pc or phone? Is it one of those "ruu" thingsfrom that noob guide list? I notice somefor ics... But ones.an exe and one is a zip... Oi.. cornfused here lol.

kaliblazin707

Dec 18, 2010
Ps I watched jumponbears wire tutorial, I understandhow to do that.. but its the programthats tripping me up.

computerfreek

Feb 1, 2010
www.nhscan.com
scrosler A+++++ 4.5 seems to be flying Thanks for your hard work will be sending some $ your way this week. Do you think down the road there will be a way to add notifications to the menu botton when your at your homescreens so you don't need to slide down from the top? I was looking around at some android stuff and I can't seem to find a way to do it. Maybe it is something that can be added to the tweaks.

Thank you.

1967ls2

Jun 17, 2010
Go to hboot and tell me your hboot version and your S-Status?

S-on hboot 2.10

Kernel 3.016
Base 3.13.605.7

Let me know what I have to flash to get everything back up & running properly. I don't mind flashing everything all over again if need be. Was on gb & flashed everything correctly in method 4 to get your 4.4 pro up & running. Then 4.5 was released & I downloaded the ph89img.zip file & patch from the op flagged both & then wifi was broken. I was told to just flash those if I want to update to the newest kernel without flashing the entire rom. I saw wifi was broken so I restored my backup but it still seems to broken.

Just wanted the newest kernel version & your 4.4 pro. Like I said im willing to wipe & flash to get everything working again. 4.5 or 4.4 with newest kernel. Thanks Scott & team!

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
S-on hboot 2.10

Kernel 3.016
Base 3.13.605.7

Let me know what I have to flash to get everything back up & running properly. I don't mind flashing everything all over again if need be. Was on gb & flashed everything correctly in method 4 to get your 4.4 pro up & running. Then 4.5 was released & I downloaded the ph89img.zip file & patch from the op flagged both & then wifi was broken. I was told to just flash those if I want to update to the newest kernel without flashing the entire rom. I saw wifi was broken so I restored my backup but it still seems to broken.

Just wanted the newest kernel version & your 4.4 pro. Like I said im willing to wipe & flash to get everything working again. 4.5 or 4.4 with newest kernel. Thanks Scott & team!

Full wipe and flash 4.5, the PH98IMG and the Old Firmware patch.

Or if you already flashed newest kernel flash this wifi module in recovery.
http://www.myandroidfiles.com/Downloads/Rezound/3.14.605.5/WiFi Modules.zip

1967ls2

Jun 17, 2010
And by the newest kernel you are referring to the ph89img.zip file located on the first page.

1967ls2

Jun 17, 2010
Flashed the wifi module & all is working again, thank you!

So am I running the newest kernel? It still says kernel 3.0.16 and build 3.13.605.7.

1967ls2

Jun 17, 2010
Yep that's what mine says. Kernel 3.0.16-gd0049f1 April 21. New kernel then correct? Thanks for getting me back to where I want to be!

bvjens31

Feb 4, 2012
Des Moines Area
Getting a feel

So I'm s-on (tampered/unlocked) and running 4.4. Just trying to get a feel for what I should do, upgrade to 4.5, or possibly wait until 4.6. I just got on 4.4 about 6 days ago, so I don't have a huge issue with wiping, but if 4.6 is only another week or 2 off, maybe I'll just wait.

Orrr now that 4.5 has the new radios, maybe I'll just flash 4.5 and PH98 and get on thems new radios :)

Either way I'm super stoked to have stumbled upon your work a few months back, Scott. Someone should build you a cake or sumting :D

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Flashed the wifi module & all is working again, thank you!

So am I running the newest kernel? It still says kernel 3.0.16 and build 3.13.605.7.

I'm on 4.4 and have that same build number. Not sure if that would've gotten updated though. What's your radio version now on 4.5?

ram911

Jul 23, 2010
The Kirk
www.ramediaworks.com
I am running standard ICS 4.3 and love the rom so far. Initially I downloaded NFL mobile from Google play when I first noticed the error. I then uninstalled and pulled the NFL mobile.apk from my list of removed apps I secured from Scott back in December with the same results.

I have been running GB Cleanrom 1.75 without a patch for some time and NFL mobile worked perfectly.

I just flashed over to Cleanrom 4.5 Pro, with the GB old firmware patch last nite got everything set up and running fine, but still a no go with the NFL network App. I receive an error stating "username and password do not match".
Could there possibly be something missing or removed from the Rom that does not allow the app to authenticate with Verizon?

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
i don't think 4.5 has the updated radio...just the updated kernal. someone please correct me if i am wrong here.

pmania

Nov 26, 2010
So I'm s-on (tampered/unlocked) and running 4.4. Just trying to get a feel for what I should do, upgrade to 4.5, or possibly wait until 4.6. I just got on 4.4 about 6 days ago, so I don't have a huge issue with wiping, but if 4.6 is only another week or 2 off, maybe I'll just wait.

Orrr now that 4.5 has the new radios, maybe I'll just flash 4.5 and PH98 and get on thems new radios :)

Either way I'm super stoked to have stumbled upon your work a few months back, Scott. Someone should build you a cake or sumting :D

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

I'm on 4.4 and have that same build number. Not sure if that would've gotten updated though. What's your radio version now on 4.5?

Napoleon dynamite FTW :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

CR4.5-Rez-1.png

CR4.5-Rez-2.png

about.png

CleanROM Developer Edition was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich with a lot of Sense Removed! All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 5/9/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.11.605.22. ROM Supports both Gingerbread and ICS Firmware and S-ON or S-OFF!
    Please read the installation instructions!!! They have changed!

features.png

Removed VZW Bloat!
    Custom Tweaks App by Jan!
    Custom Team Blackout Sense 4.0 Clock Widget Skin
    Performance and Battery Enhancements!
    ES File Explorer
    WiFi Tether
    Battery Icon with Percent (Stock Battery on SD Card)
    Super Extended Quick Settings
    No Location Icon
    Can be flashed with either firmware and S-ON or S-OFF

Pro.png

The Professional Edition of CleanROM

This ROM is identical to CleanROM Standard with the exception it is even cleaner;

The following are removed in this build:
    • All Social Networking apps and libraries
    • HTC Reader
    • Verizon Instant Messenger
    • Verizon Back up Service
    • Verizon Media Manager
    • Plus One
    • Picasa

NOTE: The Pro Edition Does not and will not support any of the removed apps. Please dont waste your time asking.

tweaks.png

Statusbar Tweaks
    Hide and Reorder Quicksetting
    Quick quicksettings toggle: If no notification to clear will show Quicksettings
    Hide WiFi Config
    Hide Specific Notifications Icons: Alarm / GPS / Bluetooth / WiFi / Data / Headset / Volume
    Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    Clock Options
    Recent Apps Toggle
    Enable Transparency

Sense Tweaks
    Smooth Rosie Tweaks
    Toggle Unlock animation
    Toggle 5 Column App Drawer
    Toggle Paginated App Drawer
    Enable Transparency

Lockscreen Tweaks
    AOSP Lock Screen toggle
    Custom Carrier Caption
    Toggle Menu Key to Unlock
    Volume Keys to wake

Misc Tweaks
    Phone Info menu
    Capacitive Back light Settings
    Selectable Overscroll Colors
    Options for Advanced Power Menu

Advanced Tweaks
    Fix permissions
    Zipalaign apks
    Mount system rw/ro
    Wipe Battery stats
    Wipe cache/dalvik

changes.png

Changes in Version 4.5 - 5/10/2012
    • Added: Blackout ICS Skin
    • Fixed: Blackout Original Skin
    • Updated: Install method for S-ON / S-OFF! Read the install instructions! Major Changes to support all install methods!
    • Updated: Kernel and build.prop from 3.14 Leak
    • Updated: Facebook, Flash, Maps, Streets
    • Removed: SD Card Contents. Now seperate downloads. Read the install instructions!

tether.png

• Start Application
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Device Type -> Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Select Change Setup-Method -> netd (master)
    • Select Enable WiFi-Encryption -> Your Choice
    • Select Routing Fix
    • Start Tether and allow Root

installation.png

There are 4 ways to install CleanROM 4.5

NOTE: If you are not S-OFF or on ICS Firmware you will need to download the Extra's and place them on the root of your SD Card BEFORE you flash the ROM! They are no longer included in the ROM file itself!

Method 1: Installation for S-OFF Devices on ICS firmware
    • S-OFF Recomended!
    • Copy ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • wipe data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 2: Installation for S-ON Devices on ICS firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 3: Installation for S-OFF Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Firmware Patch
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 4: Installation for S-ON Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Fimrware Patch
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

extra.png

Download PH98IMG.zip HERE! This is only for S-ON Devices

Download Gingerbread Firmware patch HERE! - You only need to do this if you are on Gingerbread Fimrware!

Flash All Zips except PH98IMG in recovery but you all knew that!

thanks.png

teamblackout.png

And the following XDA Developers and Members: dsixda - drellisdee - racinwarrior - lrod0175 - VinceOB - j4n87 - eboelzner

Alternate Kernels

I have created a flashable 3.13.607.5 Kernel and a flashable 3.14.605.5 Kernel for the ROM.

Some people feel that the 3.13.607.5 kernel gave better battery and cooling than the latest kernel.

Feel free to download and test for yourself!

These are in old school method as to make one simple step for everyone. This also resets mainver to 1.00.000.0 :D

Instructions
    1. Download to root of SD Card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash Zip
    4. Phone will reboot to hboot
    5. Press power one time so it will scan the SD Card
    6. Install boot.img when prompted
    7. Reboot when prompted

Download the 3.13.605.7 kernel HERE

Download the 3.14.605.5 kernel HERE
    Reserved for future use....
    Reserved for future use....
    Np. Not trying to bite your head off or anything, but wipe is always almost recommended.

You get to go off on someone and get a thanks for that.

I post a killer ROM and then a mirror by request and I get **** :(

700+ downloads in 7 hours and I have 12 thanks. Im not complaining... But really?