[Q] [HELP] My device constantly crashes

Search This thread

Grrbrr404

Feb 20, 2014
Hi,

posting here because I think most experts are arround on this board.

I have the problem that my S3 keeps crashing randomly. I don't know what is causing the crash. Its happening when I open the Chrome browser while some page is loading. Sometimes its crashing when I open Hangouts or WhatsApp. Some times its even crashing when I navigate through the phone settings...

I had the feeling that this started happening since Samsung / T-Mobile rolled out Android 4.3 to my device. So I did a upgrade of the firmware from 4.2 to 4.3. Because I had this feeling that my provider f**** things up and my phone started to crash because of this upgrade I flashed the custom rom Cyanogen Mod to my Device. This has not solved my problem :(

So at the moment I am running the S3 with Android 4.4.2 cyanogen MOD stable release.

What else can I do to locate / solve the issue? I already tryed to uninstall multiple app's without any changes.

Thanks for all your help

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Do a factory Reset. Then do not restore any apps. Leave it be. See if it is stable.

If that does not help, then go to recovery, wipe, data, Dalvik & Cache. Re-Flash CM. Do not restore anything.

Grrbrr404

Feb 20, 2014
Do a factory Reset. Then do not restore any apps. Leave it be. See if it is stable.

If that does not help, then go to recovery, wipe, data, Dalvik & Cache. Re-Flash CM. Do not restore anything.

Thanks i ll try at the weekend and respond here how it goes. How can I configure my device to NOT load all apps automatically after reset? Last time i did it the device loaded every app again that I had installed before

Last edited:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Thanks i ll try at the weekend and respond here how it goes. How can I configure my device to NOT load all apps automatically after reset? Last time i did it the device loaded every app again that I had installed before

Before factory Reset, turn off Android Backup in Settings > Backup.