Wireless (WiFi) connectivity help

Search This thread

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
I have looked through the OPPO forum for info on connecting to a wireless network, to no avail.

With the most recent devices I've owned, i have no trouble connecting to BOTH wifi G and wifi N. For whatever reason with this device, I cannot connect to wifi N.

WIFI%20connections.png

You can see I'm connected to ASUS-G but when I try to connect to the ASUS-N, it simply says Saved.

From the device settings, I have wifi band set to auto. I have tried 5 gz only.. Still get the same network saved, but does not connect.

Have other experienced this? If so, how did you rectify?

Last edited:

kaz0ku

Mar 17, 2014
I have looked through the OPPO forum for info on connecting to a wireless network, to no avail.

With the most recent devices I've owned, i have no trouble connecting to BOTH wifi G and wifi N. For whatever reason with this device, I cannot connect to wifi N.

WIFI%20connections.png

You can see I'm connected to ASUS-G but when I try to connect to the ASUS-N, it simply says Saved.

From the device settings, I have wifi band set to auto. I have tried 5 gz only.. Still get the same network saved, but does not connect.

Have other experienced this? If so, how did you rectify?

Most probably your wifi password that you entered is wrong. Try forgetting it and carefully insert in the correct password again.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

BrianDigital

thats my thread ( i feel special now)

My conditions are different but maybe its the same problem my work has tons of repeaters through out the building with the same SSID

None of the help in that thread is anything I can use, I did find a setting in the *#*#info#*#* called Network intelligent optimization, i just turned it off so maybe just maybe I can connect today. try it out you can always just turn it back on if it doesnt help you at all

KL643

May 28, 2009
@40000ft
Realized it was you w/ the @ 4000ft :good:;)

So I'll post my end result here.

Changed channel bandwidth to 20/40 and rebooted router> Clean cache (phone)> forget ASUS-N in wifi networks> Reboot phone> logged back into ASUS-N

I have wifi N love now:cool:

Thank you Bones40

Bones40?? Ha ha! Just sent a reply form to xda to change my xda name to KL. Glad it works now :good:

Top Liked Posts