Installing programs card or internal memory???

Search This thread

mikedaniels

Nov 26, 2008
So what is your advice. When I'm installing programs, are all programs able to work off of the micro sd card? I want to save memory but should some programs be installed on the internal memory? What is the thought behind it?

iamtexasmade

Feb 17, 2008
some should. look at it like this:

memory: anything that you want to always have on (at least most of the time) and will stay running when your phone goes into hibernation.

Ex. BeeJiveIM, gyrator, callerutility, etc

storage card: anything that you don't use that often and want to start up manually.

Ex. Skyfire, Google Maps, Music ID

---anything that you want on a storage card i would recommend you putting on there BUT sometimes things you want to load onto your storage card only will download to your memory.

mikedaniels

Nov 26, 2008
So I guess my real question is, will I see a big speed difference if I"m running a program off of the card? Will programs run faster/better if they are installed on the internal memory? Or does the class or speed of the memory card come into play when you're tranfering files?

iamtexasmade

Feb 17, 2008
in performance no, not at all. only thing is different is that when the phones suspends itself after so many seconds the internal card also suspends itself after so many seconds after the phone is in hibernation, so therefore i would use it for things that you need right now and not over a long period of time.