TrackMe's web development and user plugins. Developers welcome!!

Search This thread

croutledge

Jan 28, 2008
TrackMe takes the angle and speed from the $GPRMC string (if available).
It will extract that information from there and it will upload it to the server.

Regards

Cheers thanks. I think the gpspositions file i was originally looking at didn't have those in, possibly because i wasn't moving fast enough, but when i look at another one i have there appears to be some data in the bearing which is probably the angle.

Excellent. Cheers for your response and the superb software.

croutledge

Jan 28, 2008
staryon, are you able to send me an SQL file with the data on your web server so i can upload it in to mine. I'm going to try and develop some additions to the server you released. Things like be able to group trips in to category's, being able to compare trips or trips in a certain category. Useful for me as i use the software while out running and it would be handy to compare total time, speed, etc for runs on the same route. there is a few other things i'm thinking about as well so the extra data in yours of mine would handy.

Cheers

Carl

I did post this earlier today, or perhaps in the TrackME software thread, but it has obviously vanished!!!

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
staryon, are you able to send me an SQL file with the data on your web server so i can upload it in to mine. I'm going to try and develop some additions to the server you released. Things like be able to group trips in to category's, being able to compare trips or trips in a certain category. Useful for me as i use the software while out running and it would be handy to compare total time, speed, etc for runs on the same route. there is a few other things i'm thinking about as well so the extra data in yours of mine would handy.

Cheers

Carl

I did post this earlier today, or perhaps in the TrackME software thread, but it has obviously vanished!!!

ok, send me a pm with your email and I will send you the file.

Regards

ehrnst

Feb 20, 2009
Great thread.
I am currently trying to use the trackme server to use for car racing / track days.
will have a look at the files and se what i could manage to do.

I want to be able to use other apps and upload it to the server so i definitly need to write an upload form of some sort.
New users would also be able to crate an account trough the web page.

I know a lot of my friends use an app called race chrono (including me) thats why i see the need of uploading the kml data that race chrono creates "offline"

basicly what i plan:

New account form
upload form
G-force info
Altitude/speed graphs something similar to whats posted earlier
green map overlay under acceleration
red under deccel
export_1.png

EDIT: Uploaded the server files today, but i only got a black screeen... any ideas?

Last edited:

ehrnst

Feb 20, 2009
Hi

Could someone please give me an input on what's going on here: http://ehrnst.no/TrackMe/
I can si that cellid and trips are not crated in the db, but i should be able to log in, users get created and i can export and upload trips

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
The dates change, but the interval does not. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I have a trip, 16:45 to 18:15, say I want to see 16-17.. so I click the calendar at the bottom, drag the hours/minutes to 1700. I've tried clicking the x in the calendar popup, tried hitting enter, tried clicking "Show" again, tried adjusting the time, then clicking the date, etc.. In every case, it just refreshes the full trip, date sets back to what it originally was, all points are still shown.

Okay, very odd, I *can* do it on your [staryons] server. Is there something server side which is needed?

I started poking into this today on my side, cleaning up some $array[string] to $array['string'] type stuff, trying to clean out any funny errors.. Some remain that could really be wrapped with isset, but that's too much trouble and they're just warnings anyway.

None the less, I've had zero luck getting the calendar to work right. Everything looks the same between yours and mine, but when I submit the time, yours jumps to the nearest time and shows only that range and mine just resets the timespan and shows all positions.

I've replaced my index.php with the latest server.zip one, just in case I'd broken something in there tinkering.. I replaced my config.php one with the dist one, just in case there, notably the date format, but that didn't matter either. I double-checked the calendar stuff, etc.

I also copied of my trackme web files, copied my config.php into the clean server.zip files, and tried it there. Same.

So only thing that I can think of is the server? CentOS 5.3, PHP 5.1.6. Staryon, what version of PHP are you running?

And, is anyone else running their own server see the same thing?

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I started poking into this today on my side, cleaning up some $array[string] to $array['string'] type stuff, trying to clean out any funny errors.. Some remain that could really be wrapped with isset, but that's too much trouble and they're just warnings anyway.

None the less, I've had zero luck getting the calendar to work right. Everything looks the same between yours and mine, but when I submit the time, yours jumps to the nearest time and shows only that range and mine just resets the timespan and shows all positions.

I've replaced my index.php with the latest server.zip one, just in case I'd broken something in there tinkering.. I replaced my config.php one with the dist one, just in case there, notably the date format, but that didn't matter either. I double-checked the calendar stuff, etc.

I also copied of my trackme web files, copied my config.php into the clean server.zip files, and tried it there. Same.

So only thing that I can think of is the server? CentOS 5.3, PHP 5.1.6. Staryon, what version of PHP are you running?

And, is anyone else running their own server see the same thing?

AHA! With a tip from Staryon, I figured out what it is.

Around line 553, $startday is incorrect, change to:

Code:
if(!isset($_REQUEST['startday']) || trim($startday) == "") //if startday is blank then lookup the start and end of entire trip

BTW, I don't know much about PHP, so anyone else feel free to input here. :)

Last edited:

ehrnst

Feb 20, 2009
on my server, when i try to change trip, or what point's to view. The site just refreshes, and ask me to log in again. Dosen't mather what browser i use either

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
AHA! With a tip from Staryon, I figured out what it is.

Around line 553, $startday is incorrect, change to:

Code:
if(!isset($_REQUEST['startday']) || trim($startday) == "") //if startday is blank then lookup the start and end of entire trip

BTW, I don't know much about PHP, so anyone else feel free to input here. :)

yeah... that's strange. $startday should contain the right value but it seems that it doesn't in your case. There are many references to $startday in the file index.php so it may not work even with that change in other scenarios.

jcleek any chance of fixing this problem? Thanks

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
yeah... that's strange. $startday should contain the right value but it seems that it doesn't in your case. There are many references to $startday in the file index.php so it may not work even with that change in other scenarios.

jcleek any chance of fixing this problem? Thanks

I didn't look for other $starday references.

The reason it doesn't work on my server is that Register Globals defaults to off in PHP 5, and $startday is a POST variable which has to be referenced as $_REQUEST['startday'] with Register Globals disabled.

I'll look for other areas. So far, this fixed this one example I had of the calendar not working. I didn't look beyond it. There are some cleanups that could be done (probably other global registers, arrays with constants rather than strings, etc) but I'm no PHP programmer so I don't want to make too many suggestions that I might not fully understand. However, from what little I do understand, I'd be happy to send you a patch or updated index.php with my suggestions?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I didn't look for other $starday references.

The reason it doesn't work on my server is that Register Globals defaults to off in PHP 5, and $startday is a POST variable which has to be referenced as $_REQUEST['startday'] with Register Globals disabled.

I'll look for other areas. So far, this fixed this one example I had of the calendar not working. I didn't look beyond it. There are some cleanups that could be done (probably other global registers, arrays with constants rather than strings, etc) but I'm no PHP programmer so I don't want to make too many suggestions that I might not fully understand. However, from what little I do understand, I'd be happy to send you a patch or updated index.php with my suggestions?

Thanks. However, let's wait a little bit just in case jcleek can fix the problem.
Since it's a problem that will probably affect all the references maybe there is something that he forgot to add.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Just to mention that we have another person that will work on the .net version of the php pages. Probably we'll have some news soon about all this!

Josan123

Apr 25, 2009
Hi there,

Just found and installed both TrackMe and the webserver app today. Works like a charm, big compliments.

I have one remark on the web app though, that more people might have. Currently, the app creates a user account if the user is not recognized. However, since it is running on my webserver, I do not want the whole world to be able to create accounts on my web app. Is this configurable? If not, perhaps a nice feature request?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hi there,

Just found and installed both TrackMe and the webserver app today. Works like a charm, big compliments.

I have one remark on the web app though, that more people might have. Currently, the app creates a user account if the user is not recognized. However, since it is running on my webserver, I do not want the whole world to be able to create accounts on my web app. Is this configurable? If not, perhaps a nice feature request?

If you have some experience with PHP you can modify the file requests.php yourself to do that. It shouldn't be too complicated.

The quick and dirty way of doing that is to replace
Code:
mysql_query("Insert into users (username,password) values('$username','$password')");			

$result=mysql_query("Select ID FROM users WHERE username = '$username' and password='$password'");
if ( $row=mysql_fetch_array($result) )
{
    $userid=$row['ID'];	// User created correctly.	
}
else
{		
    echo "Result:2"; // Unable to find user that was just created.
    die();		
}

with this

Code:
echo "Result:2"; 
die();

so new users will never be created.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new web viewer

Uff, I made it through 10 posts, so I may post here :p

I wrote a web viewer for TrackMe data. It is a complete rewrite of the original viewer. The only thing that is left of old viewer is interface look and feel.
    It uses Google Maps API v3 but I plan to implement also an OpenLayers/OpenStreetMap alternative.
    My viewer is based on ajax, so everything works dynamically without page reloading.
    I use TrackMe on Android, so I implemented only the functions present in this version. There is no support for photos or comments. I will surely add those features when they become present on Android. Anyway functions missing from previous viewer should be easy to add, if anybody wants it.
    On the other hand I added altitudes graph. I thought about adding other graphs (like speed) and statistics but gps data I get with the Android app often miss info like speed, angle etc. (why?)
    The code is GPL, so everybody can contribute or reuse it. If you make changes to it please contribute your patches back.

The code is available at github:
    https://github.com/bfabiszewski/phpTrackme

You can see a simple demo at:
    http://flaa.fabiszewski.net/phptrackme/
    (auto registration of new users from client is blocked on this site)

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

I think it was mentioned in this thread before but I noticed there are still serious security issues in requests.php script from this package.
    Several times in the code strings submitted by users are used in mysql queries without, at least, escaping special characters.
    Like here:
    Code:
    $username = urldecode($_GET["u"]);
    $result = mysql_query("Select ID FROM users WHERE username = '$username' and password='$password'");
    Inserting single quotation mark into submitted string one may change the query and bypass authentication or even get all password hashes from mysql table, or overwrite all rows with some UPDATE query.
    This should at least be corrected to:
    Code:
    $username = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET["u"]);
    Also note that superglobal $_GET is already decoded. Using urldecode() on it could have unexpected results.
    TrackMeViewer Update to Version 3.1

As of now, via GitHub and on Luis' TrackMe Server, users can download for own use or access via Browser the

TrackMeViewer v 3.1

The new features in this version include:
    1. Support for a wide range of publicly available tile (=map) providers (in addition to the already available Google Maps)
    (some require an API or Access Key - many are totally free - including satellite views)
    2. Support for Web Servers running with php v 7.x
    3. Support for storing you private setting via Cookies
    4. Support for Web Server ports other than 80
    5. Get rid of php warnings in Web Server logs
    The database layout has not changed from V2.0 and therefore V3.1 is backward compatible with your current MySQL database/tables.
    (Btw. Version 3.0 was never released)
    Please have fun and report problems in https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=477394
    Is it possible to display the last trip without select in the pulldown boxes?

I put new version of phpTrackme on my github. It is marked as version 2.3

It is mainly a merge of mcampbellsmith's changes.

I am not sure it is what you meant, but I added a new feature – when there are multiple users' tracks available, the latest one is selected by default.

Hope it helps!
    TrackMeViewer v3.5 is on GitHub (/espinosaluis/TrackMeViewer) now

The v3.5 is a major rework of the TrackMeViewer with many features and function enhancements:

For users:
    o Let the user allow to select the colour for the trip line
    o Use specified Date and Time formats from config.php in all displays
    o Switched to a less complex date and time picker for start and end date/time way point filtering
    o Let the user allow to suppress the position markers, if the trip recording provides to many or too dense positions
    o Remember last trip seen by the user
    o Let the user allow to group trips by choosing proper naming (<groupname>:<tripname>) and display groups of trips together ("[Any]")
    o Let the user allow to delete one single Marker Point (position) of a trip from the database
    o Show detailed trip data to the side of the map (resizeable). Things such as: max speed, max altitude, min altitude, descent ascent percentage, moving time, full trip time, etc
    o Let the user allow to scroll through each point of a trip (backward/forward) from the details pop-up
    o Show the latitude and longitude of the Marker Points in the details pop-up in different notations (e.g. 48.86648N, 9°01'30.4"E, 9°5.01304'W)
    o Store user options settings in cookies and ask for allow or deny
    o Issue a warning once a day, when a user modifies a trip, that it will be overwritten with a resynch from the TrackMe App
    o Add a warning when user selects "[Any]" trips
    o Changed "Display Options Show/Hide" check box to toggle option settings and make them to work immediately
    For Web App owner:
    o Let the Web App owner to allow to run Apache2 Web Server on any port (not only 80) or path.
    o Let the Web App owner to specify the Web Page title in the config.php
    For maintainer:
    o Removed no longer necessary "None" trip selection
    o Got rid of extra " ... = urldecode($_GET ...". Superglobal $_GET is already decoded
    o Consequently and everywhere use PDO for all database access with bound parameters to prohibit data injection
    o Got rid of "UNDEFINED INDEX <xyz>" notices issued by php and saved in Apache log file
    o Restructured and reformatted code for better readability and maintenance

Note: The translations into French, Italian, Dutch and Slovak were developed via Google Translator. If someone has better translations or wants to provide any edditional language, please feel free to announce here.
    OSM and ajax

Hello,

based on this webserver, i've developed a webserver with open streetmaps, openlayer and lifetracking with ajax map update.