[SOLVED] Can't flash KitKat ROMs

Search This thread

samnoon

Jan 3, 2012
I'm on an HTC One X International, endeavoru, hboot 1.39.0000.

No KitKat roms will install. (Jelly bean ROMs install fine). In TWRP I get something about an error updater binary. In CWM I get status 7 error.

I've tried the latest versions of both TWRP and CWM, and I've tried the modified versions I've seen posted around here. Nothing works. Also tried re-unlocking my bootloader.

Last edited:

samnoon

Jan 3, 2012
Try latest philz recovery..
Normally the latest twrp test img on one of the last few pages should work..

Also which KK Rom do you tried to flash?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

I'm trying to flash: aicp_endeavoru_kitkat-3.5-RELEASE-20140309

Just tried the latest philz recovery (philz_touch_6.19.3-endeavoru.zip), didn't work either.

Where can I find the latest twrp test img? Is this related to philz recovery?

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL

Just tried the latest philz recovery (philz_touch_6.19.3-endeavoru.zip), didn't work either.

Can you try to get a recovery log? You can save it through advanced or so...then upload it here so I can take a ook inside.. normally it should work fine...but I think that if even on those recoveries your zip file is broken...try to redownload it...

And no twrp is not related to philz...you should know that twrp has its own thread ...and I said it's somewhere on the last few pages...if even that doesn't work it's 100% a broken zip file!

Reactions: samnoon

samnoon

Jan 3, 2012
Sorry about that, read your post wrong and thought phil was making a mod of twrp .

Tried to flash the lastest twrp-recovery2 test from that thread with WinDroid Toolkit, it doesn't seem to work, phil's CWM is still installed.

Also tried flashing BeanStalk-4.4.255-20140315-endeavoru, always the same error as with AICP.

Checked md5s, doesn't seem like a download error.

I'm stumped :(

Recovery file is here, ignore the bit at the end where I clicked 'show log' for some reason...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9043933/recovery.log

Last edited:

samnoon

Jan 3, 2012
Ok, I figured out what's going on here. I have found a recovery file that I need for this ROM, but even though Windroid keeps saying it's been flashed, it's not actually happening. This is the recovery file: recovery-6.0.4.5-endeavoru.img http://d-h.st/Ugy

edit: solved by using a different tool to install recovery. thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try latest philz recovery..
    Normally the latest twrp test img on one of the last few pages should work..

Also which KK Rom do you tried to flash?

Can you try to get a recovery log? You can save it through advanced or so...then upload it here so I can take a ook inside.. normally it should work fine...but I think that if even on those recoveries your zip file is broken...try to redownload it...

And no twrp is not related to philz...you should know that twrp has its own thread ...and I said it's somewhere on the last few pages...if even that doesn't work it's 100% a broken zip file!