Sound static problems with the cyanogenmod 11

Search This thread

tixoo

May 2, 2014
Hello all,

I have a question and if some one can help me i would be very grateful :)

I have the Samsung Note 3 SM-N9005, and i am using the Cyanogenmod 11 on it, but i am experiencing some sound statics that are very annoying in general. Basically when the phone uses the speakers the sound in most of the cases is awful with static distortion.

Does any one has any solution to this, or ideas how to fix it ? i tried the latest nightly builds (till 01.05.2014) and nothing helped even if in those builds it was written that they have fixed the sound static distortion.

Thanks allot for any help given!

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
Hello all,

I have the Samsung Note 3 SM-N9005, and i am using the Cyanogenmod 11 on it, but i am experiencing some sound statics that are very annoying in general. Basically when the phone uses the speakers the sound in most of the cases is awful with static distortion.

Does any one has any solution to this, or ideas how to fix it ? i tried the latest nightly builds (till 01.05.2014) and nothing helped even if in those builds it was written that they have fixed the sound static distortion.

I have tried many versions of cm11 and have always experienced this problem with the sound.. i think we will just have to wait for a fix :)

Sent from my SM-N9005

Reactions: tixoo

tixoo

May 2, 2014
I have tried many versions of cm11 and have always experienced this problem with the sound.. i think we will just have to wait for a fix :)

Sent from my SM-N9005

Dang, i was hoping for a solution ... dony really want to go back to TW honestly, but this ia killing me from inside.

Do you think that a stable update will fix it only or a nightly can do the trick to?

Dang

G

GuestK0079

It's like that in cm roms since 1800.
Try turning off all system sounds, sometimes it helps.

Sent from my N9005

tixoo

May 2, 2014
Dang, i was hoping for a solution ... dony really want to go back to TW honestly, but this ia killing me from inside.

Do you think that a stable update will fix it only or a nightly can do the trick to?

Dang

Well in this cas how should my phone ring if i have them all off?:))

G

GuestK0079

System sounds...
Unlock sound, keyboard sound, dialpad sound, screen touch sound,...

Sent from my N9005

tixoo

May 2, 2014
It works, for now at least, but it works!
I dont see what those sounds have to do with the speakers in general but ... bugs are bugs i guess.
Any ideas of when they will fix this? I actualy love these sounds :)

Ps: you can leave the click sounds, the problem is with the lock/unlick sound(at least for now i did not have problems, but will continue testing)

G

GuestK0079

Don't ask me, because i don't know why, but it's like that and that's the way it is.
As i told you, this is a bug since forever. Don't think a proper fix is coming soon.

Sent from my N9005

tixoo

May 2, 2014
Don't ask me, because i don't know why, but it's like that and that's the way it is.
As i told you, this is a bug since forever. Don't think a proper fix is coming soon.

Sent from my N9005

Ah well, at least its better now, thank you for the help, one more bug to fix and the rom is good to work as a daily driver :)

FruityApps

May 11, 2014
Cyanogenmod 11 sound fault temporary solution??

An alternative temporary solution is to download an equalizer app. Drop all the controls down to zero and then bring them back up one by one. I had a sound issue with just one app on my Samsung galaxy ace II so this might work on your note 3. Ran the equalizer, ran the app, no more screeching or buzzing. When equalizer off, app on its own reproduces sound problems. Several equalizer apps I tried seemed to do the trick. DSP allows you to disable and enable when required. This is my first post and as a noobie I read the terms and conditions first; but I apologize if I have still not followed protocol. Hope this is still relevant.

Tsukihi

Jan 7, 2014
I had that issue too. Not really sure if it has a permanent fix; it kinda came and went away on its own.

mindracer

May 30, 2011
Montréal
Anyone else experiencing this issue? When I'm listening to music and I get sound notification from whatsapp for example, it becomes distorted for a good five seconds atleast (the music and the notification) and maybe even longer sometimes. I'm using the latest nightly and still experiencing this issue

AO7

Nov 17, 2013
Flash Temasek's unofficial CM build. He builds from official CM sources and then adds some useful features. A lot of problems in regular CM are fixed in his builds, including broken sound.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Sent from my SM-N9005