HTC One problems after repair

Search This thread

bamidrol

Feb 5, 2012
Hey guys,
A couple of days ago I recieved my One after I sent it for repairs.
They fixed my camera issue but changed my phone back to s-on. So now i'm left with a relocked phone with s-on.
I can't seem to re-unlock my phone by using htc's unlocking guide. After flashing the token it doesn't go into unlocking mode.
So i need some help with that. I'm on hboot 1.56 and 4.4 stock sense

Next problem:
I've been having this problem for a couple of days now. My phone charges unusually slowly. I always charge it overnight.
Last night it was 40% when i put it on the charger. About 8 hours later i woke up and it reached 95%. Already did a fresh install with no luck.

I'm thinking about sending it back and demand a new one but i need my phone for work. So if you guys know a way to fix it by using software that would be awesome.

Helping me out means beer ^^

.Ryker

Oct 18, 2011
Hyrule
ryker.me
Hey guys,
A couple of days ago I recieved my One after I sent it for repairs.
They fixed my camera issue but changed my phone back to s-on. So now i'm left with a relocked phone with s-on.
I can't seem to re-unlock my phone by using htc's unlocking guide. After flashing the token it doesn't go into unlocking mode.
So i need some help with that. I'm on hboot 1.56 and 4.4 stock sense

Next problem:
I've been having this problem for a couple of days now. My phone charges unusually slowly. I always charge it overnight.
Last night it was 40% when i put it on the charger. About 8 hours later i woke up and it reached 95%. Already did a fresh install with no luck.

I'm thinking about sending it back and demand a new one but i need my phone for work. So if you guys know a way to fix it by using software that would be awesome.

Helping me out means beer ^^

They didn't "fix" your phone, they never simply fix ones phone. They send you a new "refurbished phone" which would be why the Token ID doesn't work for unlocking the bootloader. Go through the steps to get a new Token ID then unlock your phone.

As for the problem with the charger, perhaps that's the reason the phone got sent in to be fixed in the first place, that would be something you want to work out before going through all the work to unlock and s-off first.

bamidrol

Feb 5, 2012
They didn't "fix" your phone, they never simply fix ones phone. They send you a new "refurbished phone" which would be why the Token ID doesn't work for unlocking the bootloader. Go through the steps to get a new Token ID then unlock your phone.

As for the problem with the charger, perhaps that's the reason the phone got sent in to be fixed in the first place, that would be something you want to work out before going through all the work to unlock and s-off first.

Thanks for the reply. But they actually did fix it. I had some "marks" on my device. Some small scratches that helped me identify my phone. So this truly is my phone. I really do wanna go back to ARHD. I need my xposed :D

.Ryker

Oct 18, 2011
Hyrule
ryker.me
Thanks for the reply. But they actually did fix it. I had some "marks" on my device. Some small scratches that helped me identify my phone. So this truly is my phone. I really do wanna go back to ARHD. I need my xposed :D

Hmm maybe then they reflashed the device with stock every thing. I've never heard of them actually fixing it before! So if they did reflash it then they could be having the same issues.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

bamidrol

Feb 5, 2012
Hmm maybe then they reflashed the device with stock every thing. I've never heard of them actually fixing it before! So if they did reflash it then they could be having the same issues.

Yeah they reflashed a RUU. Not sure what kind of RUU. Only thing i find peculiar is that i can flash the token but it wont work.
Never had or heard about this problem before. If you know how to fix it you can earn yourself a beer ^^

I'm on hboot 1.56.0000. Maybe that is causing all the trouble

Last edited:

.Ryker

Oct 18, 2011
Hyrule
ryker.me
Yeah they reflashed a RUU. Not sure what kind of RUU. Only thing i find peculiar is that i can flash the token but it wont work.
Never had or heard about this problem before. If you know how to fix it you can earn yourself a beer ^^

I'm on hboot 1.56.0000. Maybe that is causing all the trouble

Have you tried getting a different token ID on it?? Or tried running rumrunner to s-off?

bamidrol

Feb 5, 2012
Have you tried getting a different token ID on it?? Or tried running rumrunner to s-off?

I tried rumrunner but it needs root-acces. I'm not rooted yet. And what exactly do you mean by a different token ID?
Flashing a RUU doesnt work. Signature fail error 12