Asus Webstorage vs. Dropbox, how is it?

Search This thread

wpghtc

Mar 5, 2010
I only have about 3.4gb of dropbox and i don't know enough people to pester to get 8gb.

What are most peoples thoughts on the asus web storage? 8gb for signing up seems great. If it sucks i don't want to waste any time transferring files.

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
it's not bad, works very similar to dropbox, and if you don't use the shared folder feature on db a lot, then it's going to work essentially the same for you.

mine says i have unlimited space, but i have no idea how that came about. :confused:

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
IME Dropbox is better able to handle off line cases, AWS has improved for a case like standing in an airport w/e free wifi. It also has a much more mature and natural Windows/Linux client then AWS.

If I was just using it as a digital locker, I'd use AWS for the really great price tag and offers avail when buying their newer models lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

danielting

May 4, 2010
Current use dropbox desktop app as i can just drag and drop and file instantly appears on my dropbox account. ASUS desktop app on the otherhand not as efficient. Files don't get upload instantly though currently ASUS cloud storage offers more space.

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
I have both as well. I only really use Dropbox though since I am used to it but it is nice to know I have 8GB sitting there waiting for me. I think the sharing in dropbox is slightly easier.

I only have 2.5GB in dropbox though. I think I have enough computers at work that I could make 27 or so dummy gmail accounts to get the 8GB but I haven't needed the space so I have never taken the time to try.. I am not sure if they would become suspicious by the sudden increase in my referrals. I don't know enough people who know or care about cloud storage to to get me there either. :)

Jan 8, 2012
Is it just me or isn't dropbox working that good on the prime?
It won't let me upload documents in folders, (only the root dir) and i can't get to the dropbox file by using a file explorere, i gotta go into dropbox and press 'upload file' to get something there :/

(If the dropbox file is located in the file explorere, could someone enlighten me where and if root is required?)

jedi5diah

Aug 4, 2010
i use AWS as the tablet app is nicely done but the uploading/downloading q is kind of weird.

bdneuman

Oct 27, 2011
I like Sugarsync for syncing offline folders on my prime. Drop box will do offline sync file-by-file but I am missing something if it will sync folders.

ikdedinges

Jul 30, 2010
i cant't log into asus webstorage on my PC because my ID is too long:mad:
it is really irritating because i want to use it.

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
I like Sugarsync for syncing offline folders on my prime. Drop box will do offline sync file-by-file but I am missing something if it will sync folders.

It does for files: favorite them and they will stay synced where available + cached. For whole folders, not yet sadly.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

schmikaz

Aug 27, 2010
AWS does not work for me I've reinstalled, double checked everything but the files I place in the share folder do not show on my prime or the prime and on the PC...... I use drop box for now in till I can fig out AWS

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
I read bad things on their own forums about it deleting files. So I do not use it.

You can get so much dropbox space free these days or at low cost. I got 15gb cost me $10 using the adwords trick.

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
Using dropbox, got some free space because i have an HTC phone, the 5,5gb i have now are more than enough for what i need :) I dont need 2 systems doing one thing so i guess i'll stick for now.

Top Liked Posts