G2 Upgrade

Search This thread

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I think the biggest draw for me will be stock ICS- when there is a new T-mo phone that has stock ICS, I'll be there. I can flex on the small things like sd card and physical keyboard, but Sense is a no-go.

My main two worries are lack of sd card and qwerty. If the screen is large and good quality... I can see that making things easier but what really scares me is storage. These phones without external storage... Do they have a untouched partition when wiping?That would be a pain to sync sh!t with dropbox or my laptop especially large amounts of data like 32GB or so. This all seems like a step backwards to me. I couldn't handle the One S (16GB internal storage is way too small) and will wait to see the SGSIII. My full upgrade isn't until late summer anyways and I hope we'll see a HTC One type variant with a keyboard. I am anxious like the rest of you with all this talk of new S4s and quadcore tegra 3s lol! I don't think I've gone without a new phone every year in a decade! The G2 is definitely the best phone I've ever had...

And Sense UI isn't bad if you have the proper resources to run it (lots of RAM). The latest is really something else (from what I've seen in ports and heard all around).

Last edited:

Joe333x

Oct 6, 2009
For the guys thinking of switching to a phone without a keyboard dont make the mistake i did. I have a G2x and its a great phone super fast, oc to 1.5 and a good size screen. But every day i wish i had a physical keyboard. I am keeping this phone until Tmo releases a non mytouch branded full keyboard phone. I want a phone like the droid 4 but with option change the battery.

captainreynolds

Mar 7, 2011
Do you guys think we'll ever see a worthy successor to the G2 from anyone? IF so, who will make it? Not HTC, that's for sure...

crestofawave

Dec 17, 2011
Heraklion
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Do you guys think we'll ever see a worthy successor to the G2 from anyone? IF so, who will make it? Not HTC, that's for sure...

No, absolutely not. You may get a good replacement that covers everything, except for the dev scene. No phone will ever see the same development scene as the Desire Z.

We're going to see very little Hardware keyboard devices and their specs/build quality will be more of a downgrade when compared to this phone.

Starting to loose faith in HTC. Anyone else feeling the same?