Undervolting??

Search This thread

AhmadLight

Nov 11, 2013
Cairo
Has anyone tried to undervolt his Note 8?
I'll be undervolting my N5110 soon...
So, am I the first one to it or what?

Please share your sets.

Alastor_ru

May 11, 2009
Here's my settings. I run CivZ ROM with built-in kernel

Attachments

• 2014-02-21-10-57-16.jpg
    2014-02-21-10-57-16.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 160

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
I messed with the same rom... yes I undervolted and overclocked and done as much as I could do. Went back to 4.2.2 stock and still get about the same performance, and battery life. One thing that I could not live without, is my 64gb SD card. Too many issues with FAT32 and my music and video files. EXFAT is the only way to go with 64gb SD cards. With my stock ROM, I get 8 to 10 percent every hour, and 15 percent every hour playing HD video through miracast to my TV.

Alastor_ru

May 11, 2009
@Alastor_ru : how did you get your values? Mine are generally lower, besides the fact that Voltage Control allows 850 mV as a minimum.
I use SetCPU, it has 600mV as a minimum.
I perform several steps while set voltage to lower and lower values and stop to play with it, when I get my current settings. As I noticed, the biggest power eater is the screen, so undervaluing doesn't bring the big savings

Thanks, but what about the higher freq's voltages
I think that you have up to 1.9 GHZ or 1.8 at least
I don't use the highest freq's, cause it's not needed for me. I limit the highest CPU freq to 1GHz.

bradipovsky

Aug 27, 2013
Faenza (IT)
I use SetCPU, it has 600mV as a minimum.
I perform several steps while set voltage to lower and lower values and stop to play with it, when I get my current settings. As I noticed, the biggest power eater is the screen, so undervaluing doesn't bring the big savings

I don't use the highest freq's, cause it's not needed for me. I limit the highest CPU freq to 1GHz.

Well, 8" of screen of course don't help the battery :D I'm doimg it mainly to limit the heating, so high frequencies are the most important. I think it's a better option than underclocking, but that's just my opinion.

I'll share my values later, but I don't think they're ideal yet.