Returned my G3 this morning

Search This thread

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
I tried to like this phone , but could not... I was sick of the random reboots and overall sluggish feeling of this phone. I had Note 3 before this and what a mistake....Will get Note 4 in a few weeks.... It's been fun!!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Ker~Man

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
Well good luck with the note.

I never had any issues out of my g3. Battery is great, no overheating, no random reboots, no major lagging as a matter of fact no lag at all mostly a stutter here and there in the app drawer from time to time. Been using the stock lg launcher since I got the phone and everything for me has been fluid.....

Lol then I see you made a post saying the phone was fast and no problems out of it........

Last edited:
Reactions: generalkrank

idelgado782

Jul 29, 2008
Union, NJ
I've had my phone for over a month now and I've never had any random reboots or overheating. I use my phone a lot so battery is meh for Me. But I'm happy and I love it.

No matter what, I can never stay away from android for long.

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
Lol I know it was new and I thought it was okay at the time...as time went on.. I started to have buyers remorse...with Att&t making us use Pma charging ..That was it for me...I just like Samsung better...

Reactions: zounduser

traesnaidensdad

Nov 22, 2010
Selmer ,TN
HTC One (m7)
AT&T HTC One X
Just bought mine a lil over a week ago , hated to but got the carrier branded AT&T version. This is actually 2nd one. The first phone kept randomly shutting off during activation at the store. I like this phone. It has times where different points on the screen become unresponsive. Aggregating...it also seems to use much more of the ram than I would expect right out of the box. I use a tempered glass screen protector that may or not be causing my screen issues? As a LONG time HTC user, coming from the One, M7. I'm still getting used to something different. I do like it though. Thinking about rooting when I have time off because once boot loader is unlocked I think this device will be a beast!

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium HD app

mrw1986

Apr 13, 2010
Wallingford, CT
Had my phone over a month now and absolutely loving it. Running stock rooted, no greenify. I froze all the AT&T apps and none of the LG ones. I use the stock launcher and get well over 4+ hours of screen on time, no overheating, no reboots, etc. My fiancee has the phone as well and she's been averaging almost 6+ hrs of screen on time, however where she works has better signal. I travel all over the place for work and signal is spotty.

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
No rebooting issues here. I will admit that my m8 outperforms the g3 (except for the camera). However, the note 3 that I received last year was a total disappointment. That was random rebooting nightmare. I guess it really depends on the specific device you get. Some may receive a subpar device.

Ker~Man

Nov 2, 2010
Louisville
Just bought mine a lil over a week ago , hated to but got the carrier branded AT&T version. This is actually 2nd one. The first phone kept randomly shutting off during activation at the store. I like this phone. It has times where different points on the screen become unresponsive. Aggregating...it also seems to use much more of the ram than I would expect right out of the box. I use a tempered glass screen protector that may or not be causing my screen issues? As a LONG time HTC user, coming from the One, M7. I'm still getting used to something different. I do like it though. Thinking about rooting when I have time off because once boot loader is unlocked I think this device will be a beast!

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium HD app

Have the same issue with the screen becoming unresponsive in spots at times. I, too, have one of the tempered glass screen protectors bought from the AT&T Store. Such a coincidence, makes me wonder... :confused:

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
I tried to like this phone , but could not... I was sick of the random reboots and overall sluggish feeling of this phone. I had Note 3 before this and what a mistake....Will get Note 4 in a few weeks.... It's been fun!!

That's what I just said about my Galaxy S5. Now I can make calls from my new car, have no reboot issues and have a better signal in my home. No more unlimited data but I wasn't using exorbitant amounts of it before anyway.
Note 3 or 4 wouldn't solve my issues. Samsung's bluetooth stack is broken and they know all about it.

Get in where you fit in. Good luck.

bolillo

Have the same issue with the screen becoming unresponsive in spots at times. I, too, have one of the tempered glass screen protectors bought from the AT&T Store. Such a coincidence, makes me wonder... :confused:

It's the screen protector i had it and i exhanged it at the store cause i was still in my 14days after i bought it, they exhanged it and i got the invisishield one that i had on a couple devices in the past, i recommend you try to exhange it if not get a cheap screen protector while you browse for a new one cause believe me you will think its the phone but it's not.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: traesnaidensdad

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
The phone just came out though... Maybe wait until they unlock bootloader or come out with special recovery for roms?

Slow walking the bootloader unlock is gonna kill development. Seen it before. If it becomes a popular device devs will come and an unlock with it but I understand people wanting a device with options. I don't use 3rd party ROMs anymore so I don't care much.

3's&7's

Jul 25, 2013
P3X-439
No rebooting issues here. I will admit that my m8 outperforms the g3 (except for the camera). However, the note 3 that I received last year was a total disappointment. That was random rebooting nightmare. I guess it really depends on the specific device you get. Some may receive a subpar device.

Agreed. My M8 is faster too, but after a root / debloat / exposed / different launcher / no carrier IQ... not by much.

I have not experienced much lag, mainly keyboard (any) delays keeping up with typing.

I believe that we haven't seen the true potential of the g3 until this bootloader is cracked and meaningful customization is a reality.

kpenny

Jul 9, 2012
South Hill, WA
Slow walking the bootloader unlock is gonna kill development. Seen it before. If it becomes a popular device devs will come and an unlock with it but I understand people wanting a device with options. I don't use 3rd party ROMs anymore so I don't care much.

Agreed. My M8 is faster too, but after a root / debloat / exposed / different launcher / no carrier IQ... not by much.

I have not experienced much lag, mainly keyboard (any) delays keeping up with typing.

I believe that we haven't seen the true potential of the g3 until this bootloader is cracked and meaningful customization is a reality.

This phone is great! No lag of any kind on my phone. It is rooted and running ART. No screen protector needed. All at&t bloat frozen. Phone is fast, battery life is very good. Better than I expected. The signal is also very good. I pick up LTE in my office at work where before I could only get 4g sometimes. Very happy with this phone as is.

st0nez0r

Dec 26, 2011
Baltimore
Slow walking the bootloader unlock is gonna kill development.

I don't use 3rd party ROMs anymore so I don't care much.

I dunno about all that. According to development updates in the bounty thread devs working on it are confident that they can unlock it, and that it's right around the corner.

I'm all for meaningful customization.. I imagine my g3 with the latest miui on it, that would be sweet... That said, this is the first phone I've been happy with as is. Debloated, greenify, g3 tweak box and the stock rom isn't all that bad.

blaker13

Jun 15, 2008
I dunno about all that. According to development updates in the bounty thread devs working on it are confident that they can unlock it, and that it's right around the corner.

I'm all for meaningful customization.. I imagine my g3 with the latest miui on it, that would be sweet... That said, this is the first phone I've been happy with as is. Debloated, greenify, g3 tweak box and the stock rom isn't all that bad.

Phone runs awesome...to bad it's with att who just downright sucks. Plus the devs have prolly already unlocked it so they are prolly waitng to get more donations because it's become a profitable business, which I don't blame them. I would if I knew how....I just build stuff.

AndreaCristiano

Dec 13, 2010
Freehold, New Jersey

I have mine up for sale because of my issues with it. Had potential to be a great phone but to many buggy laggy areas

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD

I have no idea what you're talking about! The note 3 is the best phone out right now. No reboots here at all. Ever. I had one issue on jellybean, the sleep/power button had some lag. But since I moved over to kitkat, that issue is resolved. The screen is sick! 5.7 inch, Super amoled, which is the best imo, 3gb of ram, 32gb internal storage, micro sd slot, usb 3.0. Need I say more? Lol. Now, I also love htc, is my first love. I used to hate samsung. That is until I gave the note 3 a shot. It changed my mind about samsung. And I tried the G3, but it wasn't for me. Ill stick with htc and Samsung.

Last edited:

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008

Cool. I hope I'm very very wrong. I know some devs have unlocks waiting but I guess I'm used to devs staying away if development on a new device isn't hot - which usually is in line with how popular a device is. I'm lost on why this is working out like this with the G3.

I'm really happy with stock too for once. I usually root, unlock, throw Nova on it and maybe go with a stock debloat deodexed or some variation of stock. I can't believe I'm good with the stock launcher ,de-carrieriq'ed + tweakbox. I'm not seeing any lag issues at all either. This thing is dusting my S5. I'm just happy that everything is working, radio being disabled and IR being hosed for 3rd party apps sucks a bit but that's minor.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well good luck with the note.

I never had any issues out of my g3. Battery is great, no overheating, no random reboots, no major lagging as a matter of fact no lag at all mostly a stutter here and there in the app drawer from time to time. Been using the stock lg launcher since I got the phone and everything for me has been fluid.....

Lol then I see you made a post saying the phone was fast and no problems out of it........
    Lol I know it was new and I thought it was okay at the time...as time went on.. I started to have buyers remorse...with Att&t making us use Pma charging ..That was it for me...I just like Samsung better...

It's the screen protector i had it and i exhanged it at the store cause i was still in my 14days after i bought it, they exhanged it and i got the invisishield one that i had on a couple devices in the past, i recommend you try to exhange it if not get a cheap screen protector while you browse for a new one cause believe me you will think its the phone but it's not.

Thinking the same thing,but not because of problems...just slow development. Thinking of going back to note3