Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Gene_Bailey

Sep 10, 2010
Temple
Joel,

Based off of my use,

some issues with Themes not applying a hundred percent (mainly the dialer actually)

Some issues with applying themes causing the theme APK to entirely freeze.

When adding widgets to the homescreen there is a ton of slowdown and lag, and often the widgets won't fully load until a reboot. Till the reboot they are indicated with the "Widget loading" placeholder.

Issues with the microphone not being properly called by different apps like Shazam, Sound Hound, Google Voice Search, etc

Issues with Chrome compatibility. None of the web pages actually show up. Just white pages lol

Something isn't meshing with Facebook and their push notifications again >.< it worked perfectly on you're CM9 kang, but not so much here.

Oh and I'm not sure if this is you or just MIUI V4, but there used to be an option in GB versions of MIUI for editing folders not just to change their names but to organize the apps contained within them in different ways. I can't find this option in V4.

*EDIT*

I've also noticed that gallery settings just don't work. They actually don't show up at all!

Also I'm noticing some issues with Swype that weren't existent on CM9, namely the actual swype input not working. It allows you to type, but only by pecking at the keyboard. A bit frustrating lol

That's really all I've noticed over the last few days. There's not a thing holding me back from using this as my daily driver. Actually many of the GFX issues that CM9 seemed to have with video playback are non existent here.

Great job!

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using xda premium

Last edited:

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
Joel,

Based off of my use,

some issues with Themes not applying a hundred percent (mainly the dialer actually)

When adding widgets to the homescreen there is a ton of slowdown and lag, and often the widgets won't fully load until a reboot. Till the reboot they are indicated with the "Widget loading" placeholder.

Issues with the microphone not being properly called by different apps like Shazam, Sound Hound, Google Voice Search, etc

Issues with Chrome compatibility. None of the web pages actually show up. Just white pages lol

Something isn't meshing with Facebook and their push notifications again >.< it worked perfectly on you're CM9 kang, but not so much here.

Oh and I'm not sure if this is you or just MIUI V4, but there used to be an option in GB versions of MIUI for editing folders not just to change their names but to organize the apps contained within them in different ways. I can't find this option in V4.

*EDIT*

I've also noticed that gallery settings just don't work. They actually don't show up at all!

Also I'm noticing some issues with Swype that weren't existent on CM9, namely the actual swype input not working. It allows you to type, but only by pecking at the keyboard. A bit frustrating lol

That's really all I've noticed over the last few days. There's not a thing holding me back from using this as my daily driver. Actually many of the GFX issues that CM9 seemed to have with video playback are non existent here.

Great job!

this and (i think) there is something with video/graphic use .... i am not much of a game player on the phone, but i was bored last night at work and downloaded 4 different games and none worked. i would download and launch , then a black screen only, and then it would FC --- these were 3dish graphic games

so maybe that is hwaccel?

skw5115

Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Google Pixel 6 Pro
this and (i think) there is something with video/graphic use .... i am not much of a game player on the phone, but i was bored last night at work and downloaded 4 different games and none worked. i would download and launch , then a black screen only, and then it would FC --- these were 3dish graphic games

so maybe that is hwaccel?

3d doesn't work so that's probably it

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Joel,

Based off of my use,

*EDIT*

Great job!

Swype works, but depends on version. Latest beta us working for me.

Dumbass with a smartphone.

144saint

Dec 28, 2010
applied a theme and went to the lockscreen to take a look and the theme didnt like the qhd display so i couldnt unlock it. got stuck so i had to restore my old rom. lol. Wish someone would het 4G to work on this. This Rom is definitely a keeper.

bdoople

Jul 23, 2010
applied a theme and went to the lockscreen to take a look and the theme didnt like the qhd display so i couldnt unlock it. got stuck so i had to restore my old rom. lol. Wish someone would het 4G to work on this. This Rom is definitely a keeper.

Hold the back button and hit volume up. It's a force unlock built into MIUI just in case that happens.

Last edited:

thizzlemania91

May 11, 2011
Santa Cruz,CA
It doesn't for me. It even opens up a notification that says unable to download message or whatever

Nvrmind got it with go SMS
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Hey, I've never really followed MIUI, but I did see the recently went open source.

Is this rom compiled from source or is MIUI still being ported pre-compiled? Just interested to know.

Thanks!

Reactions: il Duce

thizzlemania91

May 11, 2011
Santa Cruz,CA
Does anyone know how to get that data monitoring notification off? Its really bugging me.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329856492796.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329856492796.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 309
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stop if your looking for this rom to work with 4G wimax It doesn't and NO ETA!! thanks for playing!

htc_evo_MIUI2.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.3.23

This is a community support ROM only!
    The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
    Support is mostly provided on forums.MIUI.us
    New release come every Friday.

If you haven't heard about this ROM yet then check out the videos in the 2nd post to see it in action!
    This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 4.0.3 and boy what an overhaul.​

Changes from base ROM
    Removed: MIUI App Sharing | MIUI OTA Updater | MIUI Bootscreen | SIM Toolkit

Added: Custom Bootscreen | English Translations | Google Maps | Google Voice Search | MIUI.us Forum app

Download It Here

FILE NAME IS MIUI_V4_PRE1-SIGNED.zip

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @joelz9614

Working:
    • Phone Calls
    • Audio/Sound
    • SMS
    • Data: 3G
    • Wi-Fi Updated Drivers
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS and AGPS Better
    • Touchscreen
    • Vibration
    • Charging
    • All sensors
    • Wired earphone/headphone
    • Data usage
    • Hardware Acceleration OpenGL
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Software video codecs
    • Gallery
    • YouTube
    • MIUI Backup (don’t backup contacts)
    • Screenshot (menu+down volume)
    • MIUI Themes

Not Working:
    • MMS
    • Anything Camera Related
    • WiMax or 4G Not going to happen

1. Big Thanks to
    2. Tripnraver
    3. Chad.goodman
    4. Preludrew
    5. Scott951
    6. toastcfh
    7. bigrushdog
    8. warttack
    9. And many more If I missed you pm me and I will add you to the list
    mine :) :)

joelz for developer of the year 2012
    So with Chad's new R14 kernel, will camera work now but just cant see the preview of what you are taking a picture of? Or is it still completely broken in this?

EDIT, nm Ill go test this myself and see. lol. Ill report back later what happens

i got a special 4.0.3 kernel coming out in a few days
    i gotta finish my kernel for this - i wanna run this, just refuse to use other kernels
    and my kernel had sdcard, bluetooth and stuffs working