[ROM] MIUI

Search This thread

shb66

Dec 7, 2009
Reactions: lucasarran

msknext

Aug 24, 2009
Bangalore
I tried the rom. For a normal usage its just fine but needs more fixes and tweaks. Found the UI tedious to use as the chacha has a small screen. tried enlarged fonts but i still didnt find it convincing. Few FC (when selecting device settings and more). Found it lil laggy even after setting the cpu to 800MHz. Major problem is the screen portrait mode. Overall its a fine peice if you are a very normal user. Will try the next version once its out.

Great peice of work buddy. We will help you test it. :)

Reactions: lucasarran

Ehsan021

Jul 29, 2008
Unknown
Yes the is but my computer died the other day from a long service ;-) so once I get my new computer tomorrow I will recover the files and release it by Sunday or earlier. Its only going to be a few fixes and then I'm going to see about building from source for the next version. :)

Sent from my XOOM 2 using XDA

Really thanks buddy I'm waiting for new version :)

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
is the portrait screen issue fixed in this version?
No not yet sorry. Going to be working on that when I'm feeling better.

EDIT:
I found a little work around for the landscape. I tried this app which forces apps to be landscape. Works well on the ROM, everything apart from lockscreen is landscape. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS5kZXZhc3F1ZS5yb3RhdGlvbmxvY2tlciJd

Just testing out a build prop line which does the same job which that app does. :)

Last edited:

msknext

Aug 24, 2009
Bangalore

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
Some screens on the first thread for the ChaCha instead? Would be more helpful..

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
Those are from the ChaCha. I just rotated them. :)

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using XDA

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
Erm, that means that the notifications bar is on the right side of the screen in the top two images, whilst the one below shows the notification bar up top...

I don't understand what you mean sorry. The first two images are screenshots are originally in portrait but I rotated them so you can see it okay without turning your head. ;-) The third was the settings menu in landscape so the was no need to rotate it. I will change them if you so wish. :)

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
I don't understand what you mean sorry. The first two images are screenshots are originally in portrait but I rotated them so you can see it okay without turning your head. ;-) The third was the settings menu in landscape so the was no need to rotate it. I will change them if you so wish. :)

Oh, I see.. So the settings menu appears in landscape with the notifications bar up top, whilst on everything else the notifications bar is on the right/left side of the screen.

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
Oh, I see.. So the settings menu appears in landscape with the notifications bar up top, whilst on everything else the notifications bar is on the right/left side of the screen.
Some MIUI apps have been set as portrait only (lockscreen, launcher and some other MIUI apps) and the ChaCha screen is on landscape, so it comes out on the side with the status bar to the right. I found some ideas from online so I'm going to try it out this weekend. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry MIUI Gingerbread has been discontinued. I reccommend you install CM7, CM9 and CM10 by adlx. Thank you.
    Changelog -
    [07/06/2012] BETA 3.1
    - Updated to the latest CM7 by adlx.
    - Ignore the confusing version number on the download.
    - NOTE: MIUI Gingerbread will be discontinued. Working on MIUI 4 from now on.

[22/04/2012] BETA 3
    - Had a full day looking at what can be improved and so on. The are many fixes but I'm to ill to remember them all. I also played with the build prop file with tweaks which I found from other users.
    - Beats Audio! Go get some headphones and try it out.
    - Sony Bravia Engine, its noticeable
    - Updated Google Apps.
    - Performance boost. I have noticed when I added this that it is a little bit faster.
    - Smoother scrolling.
    - Batter Life improvement.
    - Fixed ROM Manager
    - Added ROM Manager for ROM updates (OTA
    - Some more behind the scenes work!

[15/04/2012] Afternoon BETA 2
    -Sorry for the quick update. I deleted some stuff which I shouldn't of in Update 1 but it's all restored in this version.
    - Being stupid I got confused what LatinIME apk is and deleted it. Restored in this version.
    - Added ADW Launcher as well as MIUI Launcher Stock for temporary use if you want to use this ROM as your main.

[15/04/2012] BETA 1
    - First version.
    - Goo Manager for ChaCha files from adlx's user.
    is the portrait screen issue fixed in this version?
    No not yet sorry. Going to be working on that when I'm feeling better.

EDIT:
    I found a little work around for the landscape. I tried this app which forces apps to be landscape. Works well on the ROM, everything apart from lockscreen is landscape. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS5kZXZhc3F1ZS5yb3RhdGlvbmxvY2tlciJd

Just testing out a build prop line which does the same job which that app does. :)
    New version out. Check OP. :) Last Gingerbread version, working on MIUI 4 from now on.
    Music app is forcing itself into Portrait :(
    I know, I'm looking into what can be done. :)