[Q] HTC One Suddenly Died! Common Issue?

Search This thread

hetc

Nov 25, 2011
Sønderborg
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
My HTC ONE (M7, not rooted, no mod bootloader or anything else) suddenly died the other day. Had it in a charger/holder in the car, was reading messages, as the phone froze, nothing to do. Tried normal restart, nothing happened, then tried to hold power button for some ten seconds, the screen turned off, and the charging light stayed lit red. Next I tried to hard-reset with power and vol. down buttons, after that the phone bricked. No lights, no response at all, just plain dead.

I updated to Android 4.3 a few weeks ago, without any glitches, worked fine until...

I returned the phone to my dealer and after a day, I got a message that the phone has to be shipped to HTC for further repair attempts.

I had the same thing with my old HTC One V, just died. searched the net and found several others with the same problem, seemed to be common fault. Got it repaired, worked fine since then. I also did a search for problems with the ONE, but found nothing.

Could it be the same with the ONE? Probably I'm one of the first with this problem, and we have to expect a lot more of this?

Others with the same problem?

Last edited:

Seraphicus

Dec 18, 2013
My HTC ONE (M7, not rooted, no mod bootloader or anything else) suddenly died the other day. Had it in a charger/holder in the car, was reading messages, as the phone froze, nothing to do. Tried normal restart, nothing happened, then tried to hold power button for some ten seconds, the screen turned off, and the charging light stayed lit red. Next I tried to hard-reset with power and vol. down buttons, after that the phone bricked. No lights, no response at all, just plain dead.

I updated to Android 4.3 a few weeks ago, without any glitches, worked fine until...

I returned the phone to my dealer and after a day, I got a message that the phone has to be shipped to HTC for further repair attempts.

I had the same thing with my old HTC One V, just died. searched the net and found several others with the same problem, seemed to be common fault. Got it repaired, worked fine since then. I also did a search for problems with the ONE, but found nothing.

Could it be the same with the ONE? Probably I'm one of the first with this problem, and we have to expect a lot more of this?

I would check that your chargers (including your car charger) returns the correct current, with a Fluke or something similar. For all we know one of your chargers could be faulty and giving out too high voltage, messing with the lifetime of your battery/batteries.
I've never heard of his kind of incident though. But then again, these kind of things can always happen with electronics...

Reactions: smokinmoses

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
I'm on my 4th One, and it's dying as of today. 4 phones in 3 months.

Two of them overheated and drained fast than could be charged, one died like you described, and the other had a screen that didn't display anything half of the time.

mistxx

Aug 12, 2010
Southampton
Yup same issue for me...

Was using my One.. Ended a call.. Screen went black and couldn't start it!!

When i put the charger in the charging symbol came up on screen but still could not boot the handset... Tried all the options of holding down the keys and even shining a light on the sensors while booting, nothing!

Called HTC.. They arranged to pick it up.. Went into repair.. It was returned 4 days later working once again. I have no idea what they did but it's working now. And now up for Sale!!! Shame as i loved the handset but I'm not that impressed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

hetc

Nov 25, 2011
Sønderborg
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
I've got my phone back january, 4. and got the following description:

Repaired at High Level repairshop
Replaced parts:
Speakers
Flex board
Camera
Micro sim tray
Cover part
LCD Display
Touch module
Main board
Battery
Software updated at extern shop

Basicly a new phone... But absolutely no explanation about what was wrong

ddachkinov

Mar 10, 2015
Hi there,
I have a common issue. I ran out of battery and i left it charging but the % didn't rise. Tried all the charges in the house, for wall and computer. After 1 hour the red light stopped blinking and the One didn't want to do anything. Tried everything and when I gave up I ordered a new battery. Today I just replace it extremely carefully and when I tried to turn it one Bang, the same thing. Still does not one to power on. I come to think there is something to do with the main board or some little part that does not give a proper contact.
Does anyone of you know what I can do now or at least how to check if the problem come from something else?
Thank you very much!

antont0shuk

Sep 25, 2016
Отправлено с моего HTC Incredible S

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Re: [Q] HTC One Suddenly Died! Common Issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would check that your chargers (including your car charger) returns the correct current, with a Fluke or something similar. For all we know one of your chargers could be faulty and giving out too high voltage, messing with the lifetime of your battery/batteries.
    I've never heard of his kind of incident though. But then again, these kind of things can always happen with electronics...