[Q] Main partition SafeStrap question

Search This thread

dogginsteed

Jun 22, 2012
After researching about safestrap, I was wondering if flashing an SS ROM to my main partition would bork my phone, or simply flag my phone's warranty notification (I could care less about my warranty flag) I want to install a ROM and be able to utilize as much of the storage as possible in the partition and don't mind using ODIN to flash back to stock if that is all it takes to fix it, (I've used ODIN many times in the past w/my other Sammy devices).
Is this a possibility or is the S4 different in such a way that they are bricking left and right because of this kind of thought process?

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
After researching about safestrap, I was wondering if flashing an SS ROM to my main partition would bork my phone, or simply flag my phone's warranty notification (I could care less about my warranty flag) I want to install a ROM and be able to utilize as much of the storage as possible in the partition and don't mind using ODIN to flash back to stock if that is all it takes to fix it, (I've used ODIN many times in the past w/my other Sammy devices).
Is this a possibility or is the S4 different in such a way that they are bricking left and right because of this kind of thought process?

A few of us have flashed a custom ROM to the stock slot with no issues. (I actually just flashed Hyperdrive 13 to the stock slot ) Just be aware, Hashcode doesn't recommend it so if something goes wrong, he can't help. Good luck.

Sent from my NCC 1701 using Tapatalk 4

dogginsteed

Jun 22, 2012
After installing hyper drive on the stock partition using safestrap, there still seems to be greater than 6gb of storage that I can't touch. Why is that?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk