New firmware P900KXUANG2 SM-P900

Search This thread

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone download and install the new July firmware (region KOO) on Sammobile? P900KXUANG2

Is it 4.4.4?

I'm downloading it now, and will install and give an update once done.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Anyone download and install the new July firmware (region KOO) on Sammobile? P900KXUANG2

Is it 4.4.4?

Did you get it flashed? What Android version is it? I'd flash it myself but I have a P907A, not P900. :/

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
6edubuma.jpg

Yup still 4.4.2

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
I didn't stay on it for very long. I restored to my backup a few minutes after confirming it was still 4.4.2. I would have had to do a full factory reset to really see if there were significant changes, as Odin kept my /data untouched. I might play around with it some more when I have more time.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm curious too but doubtful that there'd be anything significant. From 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 and then to 4.4.4 there weren't any notable cosmetic changes on stock android to begin with other than tweaks to dialer and contacts (which don't matter on thsi tablet). Most of the change comes in the form of bug fixes and security patches I would think.

I suppose its possible samsung did their own touchwiz tweaks at the same time but my experience has been that they enjoy letting current owners envy those lucky enough to purchase newer devices. A classic example is how Note 10.1 2014 edition owners had to wait until well after the Note Pro release before they could get their Kitkat update. A manufacturer never wants a software update for an existing device to steal the thunder from a newly released piece of hardware.

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
We'll see if other regions get this update. If all regions get ANG2, then I might reset my tablet and start from scratch with that firmware version. I should have checked to see if it had fixed that nasty Chromecast systemUI crash.

rainabba

Mar 16, 2008

Is it 4.4.4?

Anyone know how to stop the update notifications without taking the update? Also, anyone taken it while rooted and kept root?

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've disabled Software Update in Titanium Backup (there's two entries). Not sure if its working but I'm on build NC5 and have not had any update notifications.

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Anyone know how to stop the update notifications without taking the update? Also, anyone taken it while rooted and kept root?

its rootable via cf auto root.

This is the korean version. Not sure what the updates are...but my download mode is mostly in korean now. When factory reset the default language is korean.

FreshlyBrewed

Mar 27, 2014
Android L?

Does anyone know if we'll be getting an update to Android 5? I have a suspicion the Note Pro will sadly be forgotten and left out in the cold by Samsung. I'm only really interested in the lower audio latency in Android L really; using FLStudio Mobile or Caustic 3 on the 12 inch screen would be pretty cool but the lag still present in Kitkat is a bit of a deal killer.

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
We'll probably get Android L/5.0 but it might take a while after it is released to Nexus devices. This isn't just a point update, but a major revision. This means much more testing and debugging for Samsung. The wifi only devices should get it first though.

nrage23

Does anyone know if we'll be getting an update to Android 5? I have a suspicion the Note Pro will sadly be forgotten and left out in the cold by Samsung. I'm only really interested in the lower audio latency in Android L really; using FLStudio Mobile or Caustic 3 on the 12 inch screen would be pretty cool but the lag still present in Kitkat is a bit of a deal killer.

Google has not even announced the official release for Android 5. How would anyone know when the 12.2 is getting it? The Note Pro is within the 18 month cycle of the release of the new android version so per their agreements with Google they will release 5.0 for this device.

FreshlyBrewed

Mar 27, 2014
I didn't want to know an exact date, just if we'd be getting it eventually, if there's an agreement in place with Google that's all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigerstown

Logan5

Dec 1, 2008
I'm curious too but doubtful that there'd be anything significant. From 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 and then to 4.4.4 there weren't any notable cosmetic changes on stock android to begin with other than tweaks to dialer and contacts (which don't matter on thsi tablet). Most of the change comes in the form of bug fixes and security patches I would think.

4.4.4 brings the new A.R.T virtual machine and AOT compilation which brings very notable performance upgrade on my LG G3.

Can't say I noticed any issues to be improved on with WiFi, but I'm getting 2-3 randome reboots a day now.

I have issues with it dropping connection 10ft from my router, not wanting to scan for new networks... the whole shebang. Sometimes toggling wifi helps, other times I have to reboot the whole thing. And with no dialer I have no clue how to get into the advanced options to turn off power saver like on the note 3.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't want to know an exact date, just if we'd be getting it eventually, if there's an agreement in place with Google that's all good.