Motoactv

Search This thread

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
Hmm... I think for me, it was 03 - Mod menu, then 06 - Remap buttons, then I use the 09 button combination... I'm not sure why that shows up. I have the 1.0 version, not the 1.2 version though... you might PM jay and see if there is a bug in the code with the latest version? :)

EDIT: Just had 2nd confirmation, we'll be removing zergrush from the root. Yda was entirely right, wade didn't need superoneclick or zergrush at all. This will have major major bonuses to the next root tool, as it'll now be friendlier to antivirus, and also won't require anyone to unplug anything during the process.

This is awesome cant wait to check out the new tool !

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

ydaraishy

Jun 27, 2010
Glad it was useful.

But I'm out of the game for now, my device is fscked; it keeps rebooting into fastboot. RMA time, and fingers-crossed they'll be kind to an international purchaser...

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
Hmm... I think for me, it was 03 - Mod menu, then 06 - Remap buttons, then I use the 09 button combination... I'm not sure why that shows up. I have the 1.0 version, not the 1.2 version though... you might PM jay and see if there is a bug in the code with the latest version? :)

EDIT: Just had 2nd confirmation, we'll be removing zergrush from the root. Yda was entirely right, wade didn't need superoneclick or zergrush at all. This will have major major bonuses to the next root tool, as it'll now be friendlier to antivirus, and also won't require anyone to unplug anything during the process. :)

I have tried both 1.0 and 1.2 with the same result. I opened up the batch file in notepad+ and the scripts look right...
I guess I'll try doing it the old fashioned way :)

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
I have tried both 1.0 and 1.2 with the same result. I opened up the batch file in notepad+ and the scripts look right...
I guess I'll try doing it the old fashioned way :)

Have you tried to completely turn off the motoactv then run the bat h script?.... Also at the menu selection use "0" before any number you choose as in option 4 do 04

Reactions: spartan1987

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Glad it was useful.

But I'm out of the game for now, my device is fscked; it keeps rebooting into fastboot. RMA time, and fingers-crossed they'll be kind to an international purchaser...

Have you tried letting it sit for a while, then press just the power button? I think that's how mine got out of that cycle, I had to let it cool down on a heat sink, unplugged from the comp, then pressed power and it turned on from fastboot... Don't know why?

So at this point, is there any way to update to the newest release if we've already modded?

We're working on that :)

CEnnis91

Feb 3, 2012
Just so everyone knows, (if I have any say and/or control over this) update.zips will not be released until recovery is finished with adb support.

Reactions: ClearD

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
Still surprised at how much this thing can do thanks to the help of the devs here. I am wishing you guys luck on the custom rom.

Has anyone got live wallpapers working? I installed the live wallpaper picker from a couple different roms (along with the live wallpapers apk of course), but it crashes when I select a wallpaper.

Is anyone aware if there are small Bluetooth speakers for purchase somewhere? Something that uses a cellphone sized speaker or something that I can pack around. I can make one but I'd rather buy it.

Voice input, anyone got that working? Would be a nice alternative to typing on that tiny keyboard.

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
Still surprised at how much this thing can do thanks to the help of the devs here. I am wishing you guys luck on the custom rom.

Has anyone got live wallpapers working? I installed the live wallpaper picker from a couple different roms (along with the live wallpapers apk of course), but it crashes when I select a wallpaper.

I got it live wallpapers working by also adding the gallery.apk

Heres a few pics of the nexus background :)

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328562856200.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328562856200.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 154
  • uploadfromtaptalk1328562895656.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328562895656.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: sixtycent_

ydaraishy

Jun 27, 2010
Have you tried letting it sit for a while, then press just the power button? I think that's how mine got out of that cycle, I had to let it cool down on a heat sink, unplugged from the comp, then pressed power and it turned on from fastboot... Don't know why?

Left it overnight, still boots straight into fastboot. No dice. I could try reflashing it again when I get home, but it's complaining about having low charge now.

SOGJC

Jul 27, 2010
Read http://www.cmw.me/?q=node/55 and there's a link to a pastebin with XML and URLs to the incremental OTA images. 4.53.61-4.55.78 has the full boot.img in the zip.

Thanks for your response but i don't really understand how that works. I was trying to open a couple of https url but nothing happen, it just ask me for a username and password, there's a way to just download the zip file a easy way?

Thanks

tineprogramming

Oct 25, 2008
Bangkok
Thanks for your response but i don't really understand how that works. I was trying to open a couple of https url but nothing happen, it just ask me for a username and password, there's a way to just download the zip file a easy way?

Thanks

If you want to get access to the server try this url ;)
removed sorry

And all the server staff is your ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.