[Q] Did CM installer brick my phone?

Search This thread

sblar

Dec 12, 2009
Soft brick after CM installer

Hi guys, I could really need some help here. I tried the Cyanogenmod installer and everything went fine, except my phone was stuck in
bootscreen for too long time (never booted).
In CWM recovery I did a factory reset/wipe, reboot, but to no avail; still stucked on CM bootscreen.
I then tried to flash CM11 by recovery sideloader. This goes to 100% and recovery says "Installing update", but nothing happens.
Is it supposed to install and finally reboot by itself, or should I do something?

I tried to installed zip from SD-card, but got "E:Can't mount /sdcard". I guess that means that I can't push the .zip over ADB to /sdcard
either.

What else can I try?

sblar

Dec 12, 2009
Edit: I wiped /data and then I could suddenly push the .zip to /data/media and the, finally flash the .zip from sdcard!

Why on earth the installer didn't wipe everything from the beginning, I don't get...

Did I miss anything obvious about the wiping thing?

Last edited:

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
A factory reset should do the trick normally. But if you ever get a message that you can't mount something you have to wipe that partition in recovery. I haven't used CWM in a long time. I prefer twrp as a recovery these days

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sblar

sblar

Dec 12, 2009
Thanks, I'll remember that, should it ever happen again. What's the benefit for TWRP over CWM?

Ayman.y88

Nov 4, 2012
in Htc One i always had this problem.
I'm pretty sure you will never be able to mount SD
but its not a big problem since you can still sidepush the zip file.

and to be honest there is not much difference between TWRP and CWM . its a matter of preference.

On my Htc one i always used TWRP but on other android devices for some reason i sticked with CWM.

sblar

Dec 12, 2009
in Htc One i always had this problem.
I'm pretty sure you will never be able to mount SD
but its not a big problem since you can still sidepush the zip file.

and to be honest there is not much difference between TWRP and CWM . its a matter of preference.

On my Htc one i always used TWRP but on other android devices for some reason i sticked with CWM.
Unfortunately, I was not able to sideload the image, the transfer went well, the phone said "Installing update" but nothing happened!

Ayman.y88

Nov 4, 2012
Unfortunately, I was not able to sideload the image, the transfer went well, the phone said "Installing update" but nothing happened!

i guess u will have to install back the official ruu and after it add the rom u want to flash on the sd card and flash it ...

let me know if it works with you.

GL

sblar

Dec 12, 2009
Correct, and I could probably also have sideloaded after wiping /data...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A factory reset should do the trick normally. But if you ever get a message that you can't mount something you have to wipe that partition in recovery. I haven't used CWM in a long time. I prefer twrp as a recovery these days

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app