Great news about jelly bean for our device!!!!!!

Search This thread

josedramirez7

Feb 9, 2013
Maracaibo
I've just talked with a samsun agent, an he said something incredible for s2 owners!!!!
Just look at that! uploadfromtaptalk1360887937255.jpg:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

dsmboost

Oct 5, 2011
USA
I don't think that rep knows what he's talking about. And even if it's true, who cares lol? We already have perfectly stable roms that will always be 10x better than anything Samsung releases.

josedramirez7

Feb 9, 2013
Maracaibo
At least be positive, I talked to them a week ago and they said no update,
And now, it may come in March.
(This is a live chat session i've just had)

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
At least be positive, I talked to them a week ago and they said no update,
And now, it may come in March.
(This is a live chat session i've just had)

But you chatted with a Samsung rep. A lowly level 1 CSR....

I will bet they dont know if AT&T will every approve an update or not, and thats who has to approve an i777 build....

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
Wait...u talked to Stark...Tony Stark of XDA :confused: He's Ironman Annnd a Samsung agent ??? :eek: WTF !!!
:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ROFLOL!!! That was the impression I had too... I am glad I wasn't the only one that though of that... :D

@ josedramirez7 - For real, if Sammy does release the Jelly to i777, ATT won't (as stated in the earlier post) And heck, there in no turning back (at least for me) to go to Stock ROM (especially from ATT) that may break my phone again. I'll stick with what I have. I get better performance and battery life than stock. :D :silly:

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
I believe a while back, SS did indeed claim there would be an update to JB for the S2 (not specifically i777 version), so it's a good, high hope.
Throughout the history, SS does release the update, it doesn't mean AT&T users will get that update right away. AT&T has controlled the update of the firmware on all their phones.
Also, releasing an FW update, doesn't mean they will released the source code of the same time, maybe later, but not the same time, and for dev., source codes are what they need.

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
I believe a while back, SS did indeed claim there would be an update to JB for the S2 (not specifically i777 version), so it's a good, high hope.
Throughout the history, SS does release the update, it doesn't mean AT&T users will get that update right away. AT&T has controlled the update of the firmware on all their phones.
Also, releasing an FW update, doesn't mean they will released the source code of the same time, maybe later, but not the same time, and for dev., source codes are what they need.

They've delivered their promise, they updated the international version. They likely won't update this phone.

Sent from my Zanpakuto using Getsuga Tensho!

bleggy

Jan 2, 2013
you could be running jellybean today if you wanted.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

ARPwizard

Oct 22, 2012
Stock roms are the sh__ once they've been modded

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

frozencloud

Apr 8, 2011
i highly doubt our ATT model will get it anytime soon. But to be honest, some of the roms they have here are way better than anything ATT gave us.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hooray. you talked to some random person that says its coming out. CSRs will say anything to get you off the phone. This is not news.

Samsung is not AT&T, and AT&T will have the final say-so in an i777 official jelly bean. I will bet that it wont happen.
    What's wrong with all you negative Samsung bashers? You all buy their phones and come to this forum knowing it is a Samsung phone. Go buy another one from crapTC or Motorola but stop being negative towards the manufacturer you purchased a phone from. The glass is half full, stay away with your negativity it's bad for everyone. People with negative outlooks don't accomplish nor recieve gratitude.

we buy the hardware because they are the most open with the hardware....and AT&T offers us subsidies....

we definitely dont buy their hardware for their software updates. if we did, we would be buying unlocked international versions, because we are ****ing talking about AT&T here, not samsung...wake the **** up

your argument is invalid
    I like pie

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    It's cool. Even if it does, he'll update, the firmware will have tons of bugs, and he'll be posting about how to root and get a custom Rom lol;) just like everyone else who updated to official ics back a while ago.
    yeah, most people dont know that there are like 16 different variants of the GS2 (slight exaggeration i know), so when someone says a GS2 is getting it, they have to specify the i777 in order for THIS device to get it....

its not that complicated to understand