Please help ? HTC one S bricked ?

Search This thread

ArnisHoti

Jun 13, 2013
Prizren
HI !

My friend tried to flash a custom rom in HTC ONE S, but something went wrong, he said that when he tried to boot the phone it, the stock logo "HTC quietly brilliant" and some red letters. I think he bricked it. Can anyone help me? or just post the right link, a beginner tutorial, ? i need to know how to flash a kernel, or a custom rom, ?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
HI !

My friend tried to flash a custom rom in HTC ONE S, but something went wrong, he said that when he tried to boot the phone it, the stock logo "HTC quietly brilliant" and some red letters. I think he bricked it. Can anyone help me? or just post the right link, a beginner tutorial, ? i need to know how to flash a kernel, or a custom rom, ?

First we need to know if its a ville (S4 processor) or ville c2 (s3 processor).

In both cases you should download this toolkit --> WinDroid 2.0

Reactions: ArnisHoti

ArnisHoti

Jun 13, 2013
Prizren
For using the toolkit you have to start the phone in fastboot mode.

Turn it off. Then press "VOL down + Power" at the same time.

i am trying to enter, i am pressing volume down, and power at the same time for a long time and nothing happens, just a little orange light at the speaker it turns on and than off ??????

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
i am trying to enter, i am pressing volume down, and power at the same time for a long time and nothing happens, just a little orange light at the speaker it turns on and than off ??????

Disconnect USB cable first. Then press "Vol down + power". May be after some seconds release "power" but still keep "Vol down" pressed.
The screen will look about this:

picture.php

In the menu you ca navigate with "Vol up/down" and select with "Power"

Once the menu opened you press 1x "Power" to enter "fastboot"

Then plug in usb cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArnisHoti

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
i tried a hundred times, in different ways, no success. !

If you power it on normal way you stuck at HTC logo? Does phone reboot/turn off automatically?

You also will find the Model-ID (MID) under the cover of your phone as marked in the picture

picture.php

PJ401xxx = Ville S4

PJ402xxx = Ville C2 S3

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

If you really cant acces the bootloader. Your friend probably flashed a inappropiate bootloader version. That means you will need a JTAG unbrick. You can find this service on ebay. It will cost 30€.

EDIT:

Are you sure your phone is completely powered off? I couldn't figure that from all these posts...
Could you please hold that power button pressed when see HTC logo. Keep power pressed like 10 secs after the blinking starts. Then take your finger from power button, press and hold vol down button and with other finger, press power button again for 2-3 secs while still holding pressed vol down. Phone should go to bootloader

Last edited:

ArnisHoti

Jun 13, 2013
Prizren
If you power it on normal way you stuck at HTC logo? Does phone reboot/turn off automatically?

You also will find the Model-ID (MID) under the cover of your phone as marked in the picture

picture.php

PJ401xxx = Ville S4

PJ402xxx = Ville C2 S3

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

If you really cant acces the bootloader. Your friend probably flashed a inappropiate bootloader version. That means you will need a JTAG unbrick. You can find this service on ebay. It will cost 30€.

EDIT:

Are you sure your phone is completely powered off? I couldn't figure that from all these posts...
Could you please hold that power button pressed when see HTC logo. Keep power pressed like 10 secs after the blinking starts. Then take your finger from power button, press and hold vol down button and with other finger, press power button again for 2-3 secs while still holding pressed vol down. Phone should go to bootloader

it seems that it has a s3 processor, And yes, it is totally turned off, i can not even turn the phone normally, its like every button don't work, i have not managed even to have a blink in my screen. :s

Reactions: LS.xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI !

First we need to know if its a ville (S4 processor) or ville c2 (s3 processor).

In both cases you should download this toolkit --> WinDroid 2.0
    I have installed the drivers but, DEVICE: Not found: Status: not found ! ??? I don't know what kind of processor is, how to find out ??????

For using the toolkit you have to start the phone in fastboot mode.

Turn it off. Then press "VOL down + Power" at the same time.

Disconnect USB cable first. Then press "Vol down + power". May be after some seconds release "power" but still keep "Vol down" pressed.
    The screen will look about this:

picture.php

In the menu you ca navigate with "Vol up/down" and select with "Power"

Once the menu opened you press 1x "Power" to enter "fastboot"

Then plug in usb cable.
    No success, it doesn't enter. Just black screen. :(

picture.php

PJ401xxx = Ville S4

PJ402xxx = Ville C2 S3

EDIT:

it seems that it has a s3 processor, And yes, it is totally turned off, i can not even turn the phone normally, its like every button don't work, i have not managed even to have a blink in my screen. :s