Howto fit a screenprotector?

Search This thread

jjplayground

Mar 16, 2007
Hi,

I have a brandon screenprotector for the Trinity. What is the best way to apply it? I always get air bubbles under the protector.

Do you have to wash and dry it first?

Thanx!

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
Do you mean 'Brando'? Brando screenprotector (sp) is probably the easier sp to apply as it is 'card-like', rather than other wobbly sp that is way cheaper than Brando's.

Make sure you apply the sp from one side to another, getting rid of bubble along the way and you ought to be fine. The problem may be because of the slow speed of applying, dust is my only concern.

No you do not have to wash it and dry. It needs to be dry, but you do not have to wash it.

PPCNUT

Jul 27, 2006
I find I can get a few bubbles underneath the protector but after about 3 days they're all gone (a trick I learnt from my PSP).

jjplayground

Mar 16, 2007
I will give it a try again.
On a site (where I bought the sp) I read the best way is to attach it in a bathgroom while the hot tube is running.

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
On a site (where I bought the sp) I read the best way is to attach it in a bathgroom while the hot tube is running.

Well, I rather risk having dust than to have my phone under water :D there just isn't any table/chair in my bathroom to do such things. but, I'm sure it is good. vj actually recommend a having some other sticky-tape (particular brand/type, cannnot remember) and do a quick swap.

maevro

Sep 14, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
www.twitter.com
I bought a package of 3 on ebay for $5. I stuck one on and pressed down and then took it off. It took everything (dirt, dust, etc) off and then I put another one on and it was perfect.

I put the bottom on and slowly pushed the protector on using the cloth wipe my sunglasses came with. I didn't get any bubbles that way so I am set.

jaspeao

Dec 16, 2006
make your own

search for a plastic sheet. cut a screen shape + 1 mm, then, put it carefully over the screen and under the plastic border around the screen. its easy and fit perfectly. the sensitivity is perfect.

simonuca

Jul 21, 2007
Santiago
www.ingenieroti.cl

Please notice that you dont need to be IN the tube, you yust need the steam in the bathroom to avoid dust when you aply the SP, I'm waiting for the boxwave clear touch to arrive... used to use them on my Dell Axim X30H, a very nice product I might say