HTC One X-At&t Apn settings for data, 3g and etc.

Search This thread

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I go to the US for 3 weeks holidays in a few days.
My One X is the international one, can I get the 50$ monthly unlimited plan with unlimited data or do I need the 25$ Monthly Plan + 25$ 1GB Data Plan?
Someone wrote he uses a cell phone unlimited data plan with his international phone without problems.

Also, which APN is best of all APNs that are floating around here? I'd like to have HSPA+ speeds :D

Read this in the SGS3 forum, the same applies for the One X. As for the APN, it should pick it up from the SIM without you having to tweak it. I'm using a UK phone on AT&T and it did. AT&T's HSPA+ network isn't everywhere yet but it's in most major cities. You should get from 3-8MB down. In non HSPA+ cities you should get between 2-3GB down.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29410822&postcount=1160

stratatak7

Swappa Representative
Jun 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Hi HTC One X users! Please try these APN settings for a single APN solution for both HSPA+ and MMS. I spent a long time testing these. If you post in my OP please be sure to include your phone model name as I handle more than just the Samsung Infuse. Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791526

[APN][AT&T][MMS][HSPA+] Single APN for HSPA+ Speeds AND MMS - (Updated 7/24)

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Hi HTC One X users! Please try these APN settings for a single APN solution for both HSPA+ and MMS. I spent a long time testing these. If you post in my OP please be sure to include your phone model name as I handle more than just the Samsung Infuse. Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791526

[APN][AT&T][MMS][HSPA+] Single APN for HSPA+ Speeds AND MMS - (Updated 7/24)

The APN's you use on AT&T vary by the plan associated to your acccount. There are three data plans on AT&T: 1) 4G LTE, 4G HSPA, and MediaNet. The APN for the prepaid plans use the MediaNet settings. I'm on MediaNet and these are the correct settings. I've used them all over the country.

stratatak7

Swappa Representative
Jun 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
The APN's you use on AT&T vary by the plan associated to your acccount. There are three data plans on AT&T: 1) 4G LTE, 4G HSPA, and MediaNet. The APN for the prepaid plans use the MediaNet settings. I'm on MediaNet and these are the correct settings. I've used them all over the country.

It is true and those work for me too, however they limit your mobile data speeds to standard 3G rather than HSPA+. Normally you'd have to use wap.cingular to send mms messages, but many don't know that you can use the "phone" APN which is for HSPA+ data, to send mms as well. I highly suggest you guys at least try these and do speed tests as well as mms testing (send a message to yourself) to compare the two. Just make sure not to delete your pta(lte) apn. :cool:

Edit: I don't know anyone who tried these on prepaid so I can't comment on that. I'm just trying to help out so people get their maximum speeds possible with minimum APN switching who aren't in an LTE area. In theory it should work with any phone capable of HSPA+ with an AT&T sim card and 4G provisioning as long as you have HSPA+ coverage. :D

Last edited:

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Ok, guys.

But does data work with the 50$ monthly unlimited plan on the international One X?

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
It is true and those work for me too, however they limit your mobile data speeds to standard 3G rather than HSPA+.

It's not the APN that's limiting your speed, it's using an APN that's different than the one you should be using based on the plan associated to your account. If your on a 4G HSPA plan, you need to use the "Phone" APN vs. "Cingular." I'm on the data for non-Smartphone's plan (MediaNet) and I've gotten as high as 8MB down when traveling through Texas and usually get about 5MB in HSPA+ markets. I was using an i9100 on the same plan and get as good or better speeds with the One X.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Ok, guys.

But does data work with the 50$ monthly unlimited plan on the international One X?

Did you read the link I provided? It answers all the same questions asked by another Brit traveling to the U.S.

Reactions: Flo95

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
It's not the APN that's limiting your speed, it's using an APN that's different than the one you should be using based on the plan associated to your account. If your on a 4G HSPA plan, you need to use the "Phone" APN vs. "Cingular." I'm on the data for non-Smartphone's plan (MediaNet) and I've gotten as high as 8MB down when traveling through Texas and usually get about 5MB in HSPA+ markets. I was using an i9100 on the same plan and get as good or better speeds with the One X.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Did you read the link I provided? It answers all the same questions asked by another Brit traveling to the U.S.
Yes, I did read it.

You wrote smartphones need a data plan and on the next page someone wrote international S3s don't need one.
That's what confuses me :D

I guess I'll have to take the 25$ monthly plan + 25$ 1GB data plan then :(

EDIT:
Re-reas everything and now I found what confused me, the other guy wrote post paid and I read it as pre paid.
My mistake, sorry. Need to sleep I guess :D

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Yes, I did read it.

You wrote smartphones need a data plan and on the next page someone wrote international S3s don't need one.
That's what confuses me :D

I guess I'll have to take the 25$ monthly plan + 25$ 1GB data plan then :(

EDIT:
Re-reas everything and now I found what confused me, the other guy wrote post paid and I read it as pre paid.
My mistake, sorry. Need to sleep I guess :D

Sorry, I should have said to ignore the other stuff. The thread itself is about Yanks using a UK phone permanently in the U.S. Up until the SGS3 was released you could get unlimited data within the $50 prepaid plan because AT&T wasn't screening for smartphones. They've started now so you'll have to buy a data add-on along with the $50 (or $25) plan. Remember to cancel it when you leave. It's a monthly plan that self-renews.

AT&T for their post-paid plans doesn't screen for smartphones so there's quite a few of us using imported phones that are able to get unlimited data for $10 per month. That's the cruxt of that thread. That's also part of the above discussion about which APN's to use. Yours should set itself up automatically. If it doesn't use the screen shots above to set them manually. The password that's hidden is cingular1.

Reactions: Flo95

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Ok, thanks.
I'll get the 25$ plan then ;)
If the APN doesn't set itself up I'll ask the guy in the Best Buy or at&t shop or, as you said, set it up as seen here.

Btw, nice trick you guysvfound there :D
Would love to have the same thing here. Unlimited data for 10 bucks is awesome ;)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

mibikin

Dec 27, 2011
Parker, CO
Mine picked up the APN from the SIM and they're slightly different than yours. Mine are in red.

Name: can be anything [MediaNet]
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank [wireless.cingular.com]
Port: leave blank [80]
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com [66.209.11.32]
MMS Port: 80 [8080]
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank [.]

I have an LTE plan, and I was given these settings and they work fine. Odd. The SIM did it automatically, but I had an LTE phone before this.

Sent from my HTC One X

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I have an LTE plan, and I was given these settings and they work fine. Odd. The SIM did it automatically, but I had an LTE phone before this.

Sent from my HTC One X

SIM's are serialized. You SIM's s/n is associated to your plan. The plan drives the SIM, not vice versa. Since you and I are on different plans it would make sense for us to use different APN's. A lot of people have issues when the s/n of the SIM they’re using isn’t provisioned correctly in their account. When everything works as it should you shouldn't need to change the APNs. The problem on the SGS3 forum is it doesn't work like it should. They also have a ton of issues with fast dormancy being enabled where we don’t. The cellular radio in the One X is the best I’ve ever used and I’ve used it overseas on about a dozen different networks now. I always had problems with my i9100 because no matter what APN settings I used it would sporadically screw up MMS and it sucked registering on foreign networks.

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Got the AT&T MicroSIM, popped it in and it works fine :)
Had to discuss with the people at the AT&T store to get data but at the and they activated the data plan for me
They said the One X doesn't support data on the GoPhone PrePaid plans...

Really liking AT&T, it's HSPA+ coverage and the HSPA+ speeds. Much faster than my operator in Germany (it's the 2nd worst out of the 4 operators we have, gotta change soon).
Here in San Francisco I got 6.2Mbit/s down at 23:11 yesterday with the GoPhone 1GB Data Plan
Couldn't test in Vegas, these guys really didn't want to activate data and the Taxi waited outside so no time for long discussions, got data activated here in SF

Strange thing is that the Speedtest app doesn't work with the MediaNet APN.
Using the "phone" APN anyway to get full HSPA+ speeds and with that it works fine.
Another strange thing here is that I had to enter " phone" (with space) instead of "phone" for the APN to get an internet connection.

But now it works fine and I'm happy
Thanks for the help guys ;)

Last edited:

Aokusman

Aug 19, 2012
I have the one x from gci Alaska, its quad core. I'm using it on AT&T but it only gets edge. Pls help.

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
I just got my HTC One X today. When i pop in the micro sim card, i could receive calls and text , but no data. Here's what work for me. I added a new apn....

Name: can be anything
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
APN Type: leave blank

That APN will restrict you to 7.5 Mbps even though your device supports 21 Mbps...

clowyd9

Jul 1, 2009
Hey i put a go-phone att sim with unlimited data for non-smartphones on unlocked htc one x. The settings does not work for me. Also my phone shows a 4g symbol beside the signal bar. Do i have to use different settings? Im new to these things, please help me out!

mccmcc

Mar 3, 2010
thanks,it worked for me.

I bought used HTC ONE X of ATT from local craiglist. I cut my regular sim into microSIM with blade(the guy who sold the phone to me left his SIM inside). it worked for voice and wifi. Not untill later I realized the data did not work although I am on prepaid plan with data.
I called ATT CS and Chated with online CS, THEY both told me this is 4G phone which will work for voice on prepaid plan.
my old HTC aria works on 3G. so I put that 3Gsetting into HTC ONE X named MediaNet(deault APN ATT will not connect, saying improper APN although there is a 4g bar). Then I searched your post. and made a little change. restart phone and phone is communicating, but data still not work. Then I log in my ATT account found that all my remaining data is GONE!!!!!(ATT CS already updated my IMEI earlier. they might just removed my data and don't want me to use).
I just bought another small data to see whether it will work. it worked.

many thanks! otherwise I have to go with T-mobile with slow speed. mine says 4G.

AGAIN #43 APN name is very important as previous post said.

:victory::):):):):fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Alucard400

Apr 16, 2011
htc one x under medianet

Sorry, I should have said to ignore the other stuff. The thread itself is about Yanks using a UK phone permanently in the U.S. Up until the SGS3 was released you could get unlimited data within the $50 prepaid plan because AT&T wasn't screening for smartphones. They've started now so you'll have to buy a data add-on along with the $50 (or $25) plan. Remember to cancel it when you leave. It's a monthly plan that self-renews.

AT&T for their post-paid plans doesn't screen for smartphones so there's quite a few of us using imported phones that are able to get unlimited data for $10 per month. That's the cruxt of that thread. That's also part of the above discussion about which APN's to use. Yours should set itself up automatically. If it doesn't use the screen shots above to set them manually. The password that's hidden is cingular1.

I was curious to see if some of you here with the htc one x international still use it under AT&T's cheap medianet plan. I saw one guy had one but switched to a Chinese phone because his htc x international phone was flagged multiple times by AT&t.

jcta79

Jan 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Latest HTC One X APN Settings

Hello everyone,
I recently flashed my HTC One X and my mms wasn't working, so I did some research and I found the latest APN settings for a HTC One and it works fine with my One X so enjoy

Name: can be anything but I put Straight Talk LTE
APN: tfdata
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS protocol: wap 2.0
APN Type: deafult,supl,mms,hipri

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my HTC One X today. When i pop in the micro sim card, i could receive calls and text , but no data. Here's what work for me. I added a new apn....

Name: can be anything
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    APN Type: leave blank
    All I had to do was click on AT&T in the apn menu and it did everything for me.
    Mine picked up the APN from the SIM and they're slightly different than yours. Mine are in red.

Name: can be anything [MediaNet]
    Proxy: leave blank [wireless.cingular.com]
    Port: leave blank [80]
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com [66.209.11.32]
    MMS Port: 80 [8080]
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    APN Type: leave blank [.]

where you located...i got no data on those settings above...dk why...i had to use the ones i posted...Im on ATT...
    BTW you don't need a smartphone data plan. I pay only $15 a month for unlimited data. Shazaaam.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
    I really want to know the answer to this question too.

Perhaps post your general area (Los Angeles, ca)
    Then your average speed (hspa+ about 3mbs)

Please and thank you.

For some reason, Speed Test doesn't work on my phone. The upload's correct but the d/l shows like 500KB which isn't right.

Here are the results using AT&T's web speed test. I'm in a non-HSPA+ market and to compare, my i9100 was 3MBish. The upload's showing slower on AT&T than with Speed Test for some reason. Overall, speeds feel better than my SGS2. I'm going to some HSPA+ markets this weekend and I'll do some tests there.

7114870115_b7806cf3ef.jpg