[ROM] [JB] AOSP for the Xperia T [AOSP] [NEW]

Search This thread

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
This is an AOSP build for the Sony Xperia T.

What is AOSP?
AOSP is the Android Open Source Project. It is the code that Google releases to the public to build upon.​

What does this ROM do?
This ROM is the AOSP sources compiled so they would run on our device. It is similar and different to how CyanogenMod and other source compiled ROMs work. The interface will be the same, the overall feel of the ROM will be the same. However, unlike other custom ROMs there are no options. There are no settings to play around with. It's just a pure Google Experience. Think of it as using the ROM that comes as stock on a Nexus device - it is exactly that. It's superfast and just how Google intended​

Working:
All core and important functions of the ROM - WiFi, Bluetooth, RIL, Mobile Data. Camera etc.​

Not working:
There will inevitably be some bugs. I've played with it for a few days and I couldn't fin anything glaringly broken in my usage. However, I fully expect there to be minor problems here and there - please feel free to report on this thread.​

Download:
ROM - 24/08/2012 - Download
GApps - Download

The kernel source for this ROM can be found at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_sony_msm8x60

Thanks to:
FreeXperia Team and codeworkx for their awesome work on the device tree and kernel​

Last edited:

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
I know this wasn't suppose to work on TX, but I tried it on my TX anyways :D
Screen in recovery is upside down
and I get "Status 7" error on flashing the zip

Thank you,

nemer12

Nov 20, 2009
Bucharest
www.adevice.ro
I have an xperia S...but a user asked if a xperia S rom works on the xperia SL...and the rom that was made for Xperia S...also worked on SL ;) ..

and i think he also recived the error 7 thing..

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop
Wow this is exciting news, whats the verdict on this one then, any issues. Is it silky smooth!!?

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

G

GuestK00328

Wow this is exciting news, whats the verdict on this one then, any issues. Is it silky smooth!!?

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

Very fast, however, last time I tested this ROM it would crash/reboot all the time.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

DrSt01eR

Apr 28, 2011
Hi

i installed your rom last night and now i am facing some major issues (no internal sd card found when i try to open music player or photo album) i tried to do a restore from phone bu tit wont wipe the internal sd or let me install any other rom as my internal sd card wont show when i plug in via usb alsoheadphones are not working and also many other apps that use the sd card for storage like dropbox what can i do plz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll be trying to bring this up to scratch by the end of the month. 4.2.2 and 3.4 kernel.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk 2
    This is an AOSP build for the Sony Xperia T.

What is AOSP?
    AOSP is the Android Open Source Project. It is the code that Google releases to the public to build upon.​

What does this ROM do?
    This ROM is the AOSP sources compiled so they would run on our device. It is similar and different to how CyanogenMod and other source compiled ROMs work. The interface will be the same, the overall feel of the ROM will be the same. However, unlike other custom ROMs there are no options. There are no settings to play around with. It's just a pure Google Experience. Think of it as using the ROM that comes as stock on a Nexus device - it is exactly that. It's superfast and just how Google intended​

Working:
    All core and important functions of the ROM - WiFi, Bluetooth, RIL, Mobile Data. Camera etc.​

Not working:
    There will inevitably be some bugs. I've played with it for a few days and I couldn't fin anything glaringly broken in my usage. However, I fully expect there to be minor problems here and there - please feel free to report on this thread.​

Download:
    ROM - 24/08/2012 - Download
    GApps - Download

The kernel source for this ROM can be found at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_sony_msm8x60

Thanks to:
    FreeXperia Team and codeworkx for their awesome work on the device tree and kernel​
    there is no 'how to install' section in this thread. is it the same as here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904380

so like this:

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

thx and bye
    Indeed it is.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk 2