Post a picture of your case along with your Note 2

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Had to take pic from mirror lettering backwards
ujasyqan.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I have a mint flip cover, will be able to get the same effect :) Getting white Navigator now and will order black Scout once it's back in stock.

Btw, can you please comment if you leave insert out - will the phone wobble inside or still sit snugly?

Zacedward

Dec 20, 2012
I have a mint flip cover, will be able to get the same effect :) Getting white Navigator now and will order black Scout once it's back in stock.

Btw, can you please comment if you leave insert out - will the phone wobble inside or still sit snugly?

That will look nice with the flip cover I left the insert out no wobble at all phone is snugg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

hyjkim

Sep 19, 2007
Did you paint/spray the whole plastic shell white, inside out? I have tough case in blue, so was wondering if I can change the color. What paint did you use?

Only the outside of the case was sprayed, but some paint did make it to the inside. The tough case's external shell is polycarbonate, which is not really amenable to most paints. I used Krylon Fusion paint followed by 4 coats of a matte clear coat. The clear coat gives it some abrasion resistance, but the paint will still chip if you impact it hard enough. Also the clear coat is a lot slicker than the polycarbonate, so that's something to consider. Without the clear coat, the paint will scratch off very easily.

Noodile

Sep 9, 2012
First off I'm jealous. I ordered the uag then cancelled it the next day because of the wait time for it. It looks beautiful. Second off angry orchard is great. I personally like woodchuck a little better but definitely very similar.

Doin' big thangs from my Note Deuce

i like woodchuck more. i feel like its smoother.

ever had a "dark forest". Woodchuck, topped with guinness

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
Woodchuck? Seriously? That's the equivalent of Redbridge for us glutards or Turning Leaf for wine drinkers. Even Strongbow is better than Woodchuck. Crispin is good. But you really need to try JK's Scrumpy, specifically their Orchard Gate Gold. Though it's tough to go wrong with any of their ciders. Then we can talk cider. I didn't care for Angry Orchard. Thankfully between Wegmans and Whole Foods, it's easy to try various ciders then bug the local distributor to pick up a case which is what I'm getting my one to do now with Scrumpy. The Orchard Gate Gold is unfiltered and organic. It's like comparing regular cider to apple juice. Check them out...

edit...sorry, not trying to sound harsh. Discovered cider while in Sweden, and with the wheat allergy have been drinking a lot more of it and have been quite vocal at the local bars about carrying cider and GF beer. When they produce Woodchuck and Redbridge yet carry 100+ craft beers. They carry the bottom of the barrel and try to say they cater to the GF crowd while the rest of the crowd is downing Jack's Abby or Duck-Rabbit or whatever is the latest flavor of craft beer. I've had no less than five bars change their buying habits, one of which went out and bought a case of my favorite beer, chilled it and had it on the table halfway through dinner and added it to their menu. That just floored me. There is just so much better out there beyond the basics bars carry like Magners, Woodchuck and Strongbow (which actually isn't bad).

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodile

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
UAG Case with blue battery cover.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361031365661.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361031365661.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 1,557

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
But sir why did you change it your sweetarmor bumper your gn2 looked awesome with it.

I buy and sell cases for fun and to ease and fund my case addiction so I've been thru countless cases. That being said I maintain 3 or so cases in my "permanent" case rotation and the Sweet Armor is still one of them.

inrumi

Feb 17, 2013
I buy and sell cases for fun and to ease and fund my case addiction so I've been thru countless cases. That being said I maintain 3 or so cases in my "permanent" case rotation and the Sweet Armor is still one of them.

Would you recommend it even when its pricey? did you notice that the magnetized screws affect the GPS i read that in the forums but im unsure im really interested on getting one (sweetarmor) even with that price or go with the UAG what do you recommend?

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
Would you recommend it even when its pricey? did you notice that the magnetized screws affect the GPS i read that in the forums but im unsure im really interested on getting one (sweetarmor) even with that price or go with the UAG what do you recommend?

I highly recommend them. As a matter of fact I just ordered another one in the titanium color to mix and match with my black/silver dual color SA. They have a 30% off sale right now. And as far as those people who compare them to the eBay bumpers, there is no comparison.....apples and oranges.

I just switched over to the SA to check the GPS and I locked on to satellites immediately. No issues with GPS connectivity.

As far as which I would choose, UAG or SA? I just can't do that. That's why I have both. :D

Last edited:

SoDroid

Feb 18, 2010
Two tone Sweet Armor. Ghost Armor carbon fiber on battery door.

How did you get the silver front and black back piece? The only color combination i see on their website is black front and silver back.
sweet-armor-gnote2-silver-black.jpg

Your combination looks awesome!

Sent from my Note 2

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
How did you get the silver front and black back piece? The only color combination i see on their website is black front

Your combination looks awesome!

Sent from my Note 2

Thanks.

They don't offer that combination anymore. I have no idea why.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Selfmade "case" with car wrapping film in flat white.

img4140g.jpg
    img4141l.jpg
    img4143wl.jpg

img4132x.jpg
    img4131fl.jpg
    Otterbox Commuter and Samsung case (Part 2)

Just realized there is a 20 image upload maximum per post. Here goes part 2 with the remainder of the photos.
    Otterbox Commuter and Samsung case

Thanks to all for posting pictures up of their cases. It's really helped me make my decision on which cases to try out among the plethora available.

Since getting my Note 2 last month I have been using the Samsung OEM protective cover from day-one as a light option, and finally decided on a more heavy duty option as an everyday choice - went with the Otterbox Commuter after comparing with all others that are currently available.

Impression of the Samsung case:

A very good choice for anyone looking for a light-weight design that will not add much bulk to the device. It protects from minor bumps and scratches, but obviously not built to withstand much more in terms of drop protection.

To this day, it's still a great case in my opinion and one I would recommend. Priced at about $20 so that's pretty decent.

Impression of the Otterbox Commuter case:

I only received the cases earlier today so I will have to just give it a go now and update after a week or two.

Upon inserting the phone into the case, you notice a slight bit of bulk compared to the Samsung case. Is it overly bulky though? I would say no. Still fits nicely in slim fitting jeans and makes for easy accessibility when you need to take it out in a hurry.

The raised edge on the front is very nice compared to most other cases. The open slot for the s-pen is conveniently larger than the majority of cases which allows for more than ample space to get your finger in to pull the pen out.

I read that some people were having issues with pressing the power and volume buttons. Not sure if that was the Defender or Commuter specifically, but both the Commuters i've got make pressing both sides' buttons effortless.

With the white Otterbox, there is a black ring around the inner edge of the camera slot. This is clearly to improve on the imperfection of the white Samsung cover I've been using which has given me some 'ghost-like' images when taking pictures in the dark/low light.

Aside from that, the Commuter feels pretty good and solid in the hand. I've only had it for a few hours but so far so good. Was really worried about the extra bulk but I'm pretty satisfied thus far and will most likely keep the Commuter as an everyday case and use the Samsung cover for those occasions when I want a sleek and slimmer silhouette in the pocket.

I've taken several pictures of all three cases from different angles which hopefully will give you a good idea of the design and look of the white Note with the two colours of cases.

If anyone would like additional pictures of closer zoom/different angles just let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate.
    I was waiting out front of Sprint the day that they released the Note 2. I previously had the GS3 but when I found out Sprint was releasing the Note I had to have it. When I purchased the phone the only cases that they had available were the OEM Samsung flip cover thing and the BodyGlove gel case. Personally I am not a fan of either but I figured that by the time I would get one in the mail off of the internet that I would have dropped the phone and scratched it. So I decided to buy the BG case for $24.99. Overall i'm pretty impressed with the case. I like the textured back, and I also think that the case fits very well on the phone. I am still in the market for a tougher case, but for right now this works.

phonefront.jpg

phoneback.jpg