[Q] I717 laggggg so bad

Search This thread

youngunix

Jun 6, 2012
everywhere
goo.gl
My experiences with lag:
*Stock ROM with blobs
*Root(Oh yea, it can be a pain in da GNote sometimes)
*Bad flash(some custom ROMs aren't stable)
*Miss-configuration (some custom ROMs come preconfigured and need to be readjusted)
*Did a quick research on Telus and it is not a U.S carrier (correct me if I'm wrong), meaning that you are flashing Kernels and ZIPs that your Gnote Telus doesn't like, I'd investigate that.

Halo13Ghost

Feb 17, 2013
I would suggest using clock work mod do the following:

1. Mount internal sd then format internal SD
2. Go through the entire wipe process/like for all new ROMs
3. Find the very first build of CM 10.1, I used Google but do not currently have a link for you
4. Flash the first CM 10.1 build and gapps 20121212
5. You may get an aosp keyboard fail. This is okay on initial reboot just manage to updates and update to the first nightly build will resolve that issue.
6. Do a Dev option unlock (repeatedly tap build number under phone options)
7. Go to Dev options and disable HW overlay, force 2d GPU, and enable 4x msaa
8. Go to performance options and fix color banding and blur effects.

I did ask the above and have not had a single problem since. I also update to current nightless consecutively without skipping one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I also used clockworkmod recovery v6.0.1.4 mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1916269

And installed with Odin 3.15

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

If it is mobile lag you ate concerned with you can also try different APNs. I live in an area that only has 3g speeds. Although I'm paying for 4g/LTE which is fine because I travel a lot. Under more settings, in mobile networks have either att/LTE or art/pta selected and put in these APNs default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri,internet
I noticed my speed went from an average of 6mb to around 5mb but my latency dropped from 104 to 45ms. Even though it is a slightly slower speed there is less traffic so better connectivity. Hope anything above helps. Let me know.

Reactions: chernerdd1

youngunix

Jun 6, 2012
everywhere
goo.gl
If you manage to install CWM through odin, I highly recommend you flash TWRP through CWM before flashing anything else. Then, like mentioned above try CyanogenMod's CM10.1.

Note: Please remember that the links provided are strictly for Galaxy Note i717 AT&T (quincyatt). If you know that it'll work on your device then you are good to go.

chernerdd1

Oct 5, 2012
If you manage to install CWM through odin, I highly recommend you flash TWRP through CWM before flashing anything else. Then, like mentioned above try CyanogenMod's CM10.1.

Note: Please remember that the links provided are strictly for Galaxy Note i717 AT&T (quincyatt). If you know that it'll work on your device then you are good to go.

I experience lag from a reboot and on. I touch an app and wait until it load for 10-15 seconds.
I tried cm 10.1, system format, caches, and a S$%T lot.
I tried stock roms and some didn't work anyway.
I have TWRP.
NEW PROBLEM: no sound from device
I'm sending it back with a reset counter, Can you guys give a link to a >STOCK< rom telus.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR HELP, I TRULY RESPECT THAT. KARMA WILL REPAY!

Last edited:

youngunix

Jun 6, 2012
everywhere
goo.gl
I experience lag from a reboot and on. I touch an app and wait until it load for 10-15 seconds.
I tried cm 10.1, system format, caches, and a S$%T lot.
I tried stock roms and some didn't work anyway.
I have TWRP.
NEW PROBLEM: no sound from device
I'm sending it back with a reset counter, Can you guys give a link to a >STOCK< rom telus.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR HELP, I TRULY RESPECT THAT. KARMA WILL REPAY!

Man that sucks, it should not take this much effort to get the phone up and running. Just send it back bro, and hopefully they'll send you a new one. Good luck.

chernerdd1

Oct 5, 2012
Man that sucks, it should not take this much effort to get the phone up and running. Just send it back bro, and hopefully they'll send you a new one. Good luck.

That went well....... NOTTTT
they checked it and booooom out of warranty, don't ask how. i got the note 2 SGH-I317M and it WILL STAY STOCK<<<<<<<
But i will still try to fix the old one. Keep it coming

Halo13Ghost

Feb 17, 2013
If you ever run out of options I wouldn't mind giving it a crack if you could trust to send it to me. I actually repair electronics for the Air Force.

Halo13Ghost

Feb 17, 2013
6 posts..

seems legit

Ouch

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

We all got to start somewhere. Just trying to be helpful. If I need to start credibility then I'll upload a video to my YouTube feed. I also do step by step repairs for Xbox and PlayStation.

chernerdd1

Oct 5, 2012
Ouch

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

We all got to start somewhere. Just trying to be helpful. If I need to start credibility then I'll upload a video to my YouTube feed. I also do step by step repairs for Xbox and PlayStation.

Repair Phone????? How much and where? Any free ideas guy to fix the phone. My new note 2 is awesome and LOVE the stock OS.

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
They say CPU cores can burn out in PC's. Any way you can check to see if there both working on your device? CPU spy or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Halo13Ghost

Feb 17, 2013
If you are really good at taking things apart and putting then back together you could try to reflow the solder on the main board. Sometimes the soft joints will get lose under heat. Same process I use to repair PS3 and Xbox. There are many YouTube videos to follow on the process.

fergusbongo

Feb 16, 2011
I have this exact same issue. I unrooted with Odin back to stock AT&T i717 from Jedi4 ROM (where this issue of crazy lag first occurred after first flash of said ROM and used twrp to wipe and re-flash like 5 times with several different radios). After going back to stock ROM via Odin I then used the stock recovery to perform a factory reset and cache wipe and the lag will not disappear. Even worse it causes system restarts every couple of minutes.

However, between the crash restarts I was able to see that the baseband is the same modem I flashed when I was flashing several different ROMs (in hopes of getting a T-mobile signal on my AT&T i&17, to no avail.) Through the method of deduction, this must be the issue. Since I am back to the stock ROM, how can I change this? I have a backup saved in Kies that was before I ever first flashed the i717, my guess would be to try restoring the phone that way but if there is another way to change the baseband back to stock and therefore cure the issue without being rooted, I am all ears.

Top Liked Posts