[Q] 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US stuck after LOGO

Search This thread

unqmshrm

Aug 13, 2012
Hey yall. I've update my RAZR with this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z86U6yUe5_Y&feature=youtu.be

Everything went smooth except when the .16 version popped for an update, and I agreed, my phone restarted and that's that. Nothing further happened, I was not able to return back to 98.72.8 version of RAZRguy.

So I did some research - found this: cdma_spyder_9.8.2O-72_VZW-16_1ff.xml fastboot files and RSDLited them. Or at least tried - then my battery when down. Don't ask me how I managed to fix the Battery Low, Cannot Operate problem (involves removing back panel).

Long story short, now I have a 100% battery (confirmed via booting @ BP Tools), RAZR with 98.72.16, BUT - I can not boot normally. When proceed with a Normal boot or even Reboot system from Recovery, my phone just hangs for like 10 seconds on red M logo and then this black screen comes on. I tried wiping all data and cache, nothing. I am currently downloading RAZRUtility 1.90 (I think the latest version) as we speak, and will try with Menu 1 once downloaded.

But please, give me an idea what might went wrong. I have a backup of my CID like RAZRGuy explained, although not sure if that's the problem here.
And the phone is booting in it's software in BP tools, I'm on the lockscreen right now, but can't boot in normal mode.

I'll be more than happy to reverse even to GB, believe me. I'm sick of all this crap, for nothing. I just want a stable version. And let me tell more about my phone.

Original 1st day VERSION: 651.167.3370.XT910.AmericaMovil.en.01, GSM

Guy's, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I DID THIS REVERSE FROM AMERICA MOVIL TO VERIZON's VERSION.
I guess RAZRGuy's tutorial worked, although the update after that ruined my beloved phone.
Please, advise me.

P.S. Yes, I know that I have installed cdma_spyder_9.8.2O-72_VZW-16_1ff.xml on a GSM phone but I am able to get in the BP Tools ?!? (doesn't recognise my SIM though)

Last edited:

rkau045

Apr 4, 2013
I might be mistaken, but I believe that the CDMA ROM is not compatible with the GSM hardware. Different radios and such require different libraries. I would bet that if you flashed the device with the correct GSM ROM it would work as designed. The SIM isn't recognized as the CDMA phones don't use them (except for LTE only).

Last edited:

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
After flashing the Verizon Fastboot there's no way back to ICS for you.
Flash the GSM JB O2 Fastboot, your Cid is erased anyway.

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: unqmshrm

unqmshrm

Aug 13, 2012
DID YOU JUST SAVE MY PHONE OR WHAT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEEEEZ I'VE FLASHED IT AND BOOTED IN BP TOOLS SUCCESSFULLY WITH WORKING SIM CARD AND EVERYTHING!!!!!

THANK YOU! AND THE ANSWER WAS IN FRONT OF ME ALL THIS TIME!!

P.S. I guess it's normal that I can't boot in normal mode am I correct? I've read somewhere that everybody flashing other carriers software should access their phones through BP Tools. But who cares, everything is working so far. Should I be awared of something that might happen in BP, please? And thanks again.

Last edited:

idwijayaku

Aug 14, 2012
Jakarta

If i flashing with this fastboot can I still update my baseband?
Coz i'm in asia
Will i able to update to others JB custom room after that?

Update:
I have flash with O2 fastboot JB.
when i do BP Tool it's stuck on starting system process.
But i can go to BP HW Diag.
How can i fix this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.