[RADIO][CWM] Radio Images

Search This thread

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Here are all of the radio images that are currently available for the Note 2. These are packaged for flashing in recovery (CWM/TWRP). I'm posting these here because apparently the other images are all offline or unavailable anymore. I make no promises about these working, improving signal, or doing much of anything, but they're here anyway. If you need to know how to use these, flash your phone to stock and leave it locked, I'm not here to support stupidity. Enjoy.

VRALJB Modem
VRALL4 Modem
VRAMC3 Modem
VRUEMJ9 Modem

Joebroni

Dec 15, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks for putting some updated links Imnuts. I try to keep them perma-saved so I don't have to worry about that problem when I need a modem lol.

Do you know if we're safe mix-matching modems and ROMs? Like could I run VRALL4 with the new 4.3 leak? I'm not liking this MJ9 on my phone atm.

Reactions: MADDAN18

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
Anyone try the latest yet with official ota?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Skilover

Jan 25, 2008
Is this a trick question? Did you not read the op??? It says pretty clearly that it can be flashed through twrp/cwm....my goodness

I got that part. I am so sorry, I didn't ask this correctly. What I'm trying to ask is, does this achieve everything that the ODIN package floating around does, which includes the modem and perhaps other things. I know it takes the phone back to stock as well. I have no idea why that would be necessary to install a radio. I've flashed radios before.

My goal is to be able to install one of the 4.3 TW roms that requires the MJ9 radio for wifi to work. If this achieves that goal, then flashing this file is clearly the way to go!!!
:)

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
I got that part. I am so sorry, I didn't ask this correctly. What I'm trying to ask is, does this achieve everything that the ODIN package floating around does, which includes the modem and perhaps other things. I know it takes the phone back to stock as well. I have no idea why that would be necessary to install a radio. I've flashed radios before.

My goal is to be able to install one of the 4.3 TW roms that requires the MJ9 radio for wifi to work. If this achieves that goal, then flashing this file is clearly the way to go!!!

I second this question. I am not going to bust out Odin. But if this is the same I will flash this and a new room at my leisure. I have been reading threads for thirty minutes and now I know I am not the only one that is wondering this.

Sent from my SCH-I605

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
I second this question. I am not going to bust out Odin. But if this is the same I will flash this and a new room at my leisure. I have been reading threads for thirty minutes and now I know I am not the only one that is wondering this.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Ive been on the leak for 5 days. I flashed modem in recovery with this same type of file from another thread. I had no issues. Just flashed official, this modem in recovery, and then latest devil kernel. I can confirm this works just fine instead of odin. Im wondering if the odin flashing might be causing issues for some. In 5 days i had no fcs and no reboots with leak.

MADDAN18

Apr 11, 2009
Ive been on the leak for 5 days. I flashed modem in recovery with this same type of file from another thread. I had no issues. Just flashed official, this modem in recovery, and then latest devil kernel. I can confirm this works just fine instead of odin. Im wondering if the odin flashing might be causing issues for some. In 5 days i had no fcs and no reboots with leak.

I flashed the official, this modem and left the default kernel. For some reason, it would flash the sammy boot screen twice, then take me right back to recovery. Do you have to use an alternate kernel?

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
I flashed the official, this modem and left the default kernel. For some reason, it would flash the sammy boot screen twice, then take me right back to recovery. Do you have to use an alternate kernel?

I dont know if you do or not. It runs perfect on devil with great battery just on stock settings.

Skilover

Jan 25, 2008
I flashed the zip, it said successful, installed new rom-and it says modem still is VRALL4.
This doesn't seem right.
Please excuse me if I'm being stupid-tough crowd here!

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
When I try to flash VRUEMJ9 Modem with twrp 2.3.2.3 it fails on an assert:

asser filed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "t0ltecdm
getprop("ro.product.device") == i605" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == SCH-II605
Error in /external_sdcard/.../VRUEMJ9_.. (status 7)
(yes I verified the md5sum as 881d4b58aaf...a31b38 using MD5Checker)
I used this same setup to flash the previous radio.

(part of the message is truncated because of bad linewraps)

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010

I think that Odin isnt just for the radio but other parameters also. Im not sure but from what ive read thats what it sounds like. There was another zip that was supposed to work but it never did for me anyway so i had to use odin. It will be worth it to have it done right 4.3 is great i run jellywiz

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MADDAN18

Apr 11, 2009
When I try to flash VRUEMJ9 Modem with twrp 2.3.2.3 it fails on an assert:

asser filed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "t0ltecdm
getprop("ro.product.device") == i605" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == SCH-II605
Error in /external_sdcard/.../VRUEMJ9_.. (status 7)
(yes I verified the md5sum as 881d4b58aaf...a31b38 using MD5Checker)
I used this same setup to flash the previous radio.

(part of the message is truncated because of bad linewraps)

You're on a pretty old version of twrp

http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t0ltevzw//openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0ltevzw.zip

Here's the latest....flash in recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: jake21

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
Yea I know and you can also reference it via google play. My problem is I am a bit of a newbie and it was not obvious to me how to install. You might ask how I got the current version - well that was a side effect of the folks making it really easy to crack the note 2 back in Dec (2012). You just ran this script and it cracked the boot loader and installed twrp (I believe it used odin) so I never really did learn how to update twrp.

This afternoon I tried the version of google play but it wanted to isntall an 'open bootloader" and I wasn't sure why it wanted to do that since my bootloader was already cracked and all I wanted it to do is to update twrp.
=
So I guess this begs the question do I download this zip file and then use twrp 2.6.3.1 to install it like a rom ?

You're on a pretty old version of twrp

http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t0ltevzw//openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0ltevzw.zip

Here's the latest....flash in recovery.

MADDAN18

Apr 11, 2009
Yea I know and you can also reference it via google play. My problem is I am a bit of a newbie and it was not obvious to me how to install. You might ask how I got the current version - well that was a side effect of the folks making it really easy to crack the note 2 back in Dec (2012). You just ran this script and it cracked the boot loader and installed twrp (I believe it used odin) so I never really did learn how to update twrp.

This afternoon I tried the version of google play but it wanted to isntall an 'open bootloader" and I wasn't sure why it wanted to do that since my bootloader was already cracked and all I wanted it to do is to update twrp.
=
So I guess this begs the question do I download this zip file and then use twrp 2.6.3.1 to install it like a rom ?

That is correct. Simply download the zip, copy it to your sd card, boot into recovery, choose the zip and flash (just like you would a ROM. When you reboot, twrp will be updated. You can also download goo manager from the market. And choose "install custom recovery" I just find flashing the zip eliminates several steps ie software down loads etc.

Reactions: jake21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are all of the radio images that are currently available for the Note 2. These are packaged for flashing in recovery (CWM/TWRP). I'm posting these here because apparently the other images are all offline or unavailable anymore. I make no promises about these working, improving signal, or doing much of anything, but they're here anyway. If you need to know how to use these, flash your phone to stock and leave it locked, I'm not here to support stupidity. Enjoy.

VRALJB Modem
    VRALL4 Modem
    VRAMC3 Modem
    VRUEMJ9 Modem
    Here are my findings...

I'm running CM11 12/18 and using TWRP 2.6.3.1 and this modem update didn't work for me: VRUEMJ9_radio.zip by imnuts for Galaxy Note 2

I compared it to this one that was previously posted: MJ9ModemParams.zip by stvn1337 for Galaxy Note 2 *Edit*Note* I don't know what the param.bin image in this file does. Some have reported issues with it.

As imnuts said (assuming he was referring to this other one) the content of the modem images within these packages is the same (ignoring the fact that MJ9ModemParams.zip also has a separate param.bin file and script entries in it).

What appears to have made the difference for me is how the image is extracted/installed. I certainly don't know the ins and outs of the scripting used for this stuff, but I can spot a difference easily enough...

In VRUEMJ9_radio.zip the updater-script has this key line:
    Code:
    package_extract_file("vruemj9_modem.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p10");

And MJ9ModemParams.zip has these:
    Code:
    assert(package_extract_file("modem.bin", "/tmp/modem.bin"));
    run_program("/sbin/dd", "if=/tmp/modem.bin", "of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10");

The modem image has the same content but it is packaged and extracted/installed differently.

I repackaged MJ9ModemParams.zip without the param.bin and its associated entries in the script and tried it out (after making a backup!) and it worked perfectly. My modem/baseband is VRUEMJ9 and working great.

Here's the update file I created and used (repackaged from what stvn1337 posted): VRUEMJ9_zif.zip
    MD5: B0AD9E7BB4468139F954F703DC7BBC13
    SHA1: 27723CDE1032C8D033C807809D0E0C29F5576BD3
    I would seem like....even if you do flash the vruemj9 modem via cwm it doesn't install. ...why not?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Because you touch yourself at night and God is tired of killing kittens...

Sent from my Moto X DE
    Does this avoid us having to use ODIN to install the modem?

Is this a trick question? Did you not read the op??? It says pretty clearly that it can be flashed through twrp/cwm....my goodness

Thanks for putting some updated links Imnuts. I try to keep them perma-saved so I don't have to worry about that problem when I need a modem lol.

Do you know if we're safe mix-matching modems and ROMs? Like could I run VRALL4 with the new 4.3 leak? I'm not liking this MJ9 on my phone atm.