[Q] {SOLVED} SIM Not read after flashing any Custom ROM

Search This thread

danhughes1961

Sep 13, 2012
Hi All,

I've seen a few similar threads to this, but i can't find a clear cut answer so had to start a new one. The problem is whenever i try and flash a custom ROM, my SIM card is not able to be detected, no IMEI number or anything network related except Wireless.

It's not the SIM card, or the connection etc as i have tried a few different SIM cards and all with the same result. Whenever i revert back to stock ROM, the problem is resolved, so i think it's something to do with the custom ROM having some incorrect files for my phone region.

After digging through a few of the similar posts, i decided to take backups of the efs/modemefs directories from when my phone is working, then copied then into the system folder after i flashed the custom ROM (using Root Browser). However, this didn't make any difference.

Does anyone have any idea if there are some other files i need to copy, or if my method of copying is the issue ?

I'm back on stock ROM, so no problems with my phone, but it's really annoying i can't try new ones.

Many Thanks,

Dan

Last edited:

danhughes1961

Sep 13, 2012
Do you have the model with NFC? GT-I9070P

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070

No, its the standard GT-I9070 -it's originally HK firmware and i've seen a few other threads knocking around on this so i'm not sure if it's specific to handsets in this region. It's very annoying though, the phone is not locked or anything, so i can't work out what the problem is

danhughes1961

Sep 13, 2012
Did you set right permission after restoring the efs backup folder?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Also take a look here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317776

Yes, i did set the correct permissions, in the end i followed another guide that had a nice little ADB script that copied the whole partition, directory structure and permissions - rather than using rootbrowser. Anyway, that made no difference but i've just read the guide in the link you posted and it sounds promising, i will try it out in a couple of days when i get a chance ad report back - thanks very much for that - it does seem like HK phones have this problem all the time. Cheers

danhughes1961

Sep 13, 2012
Yes, it was nothing to do with the EFS etc folders, it was all down to the tee folder as mentioned in the link you posted, something funny about handsets in this region. Anyway - thanks !

SGSadv018

Feb 14, 2015
need urgent

Hi All,

I've seen a few similar threads to this, but i can't find a clear cut answer so had to start a new one. The problem is whenever i try and flash a custom ROM, my SIM card is not able to be detected, no IMEI number or anything network related except Wireless.

It's not the SIM card, or the connection etc as i have tried a few different SIM cards and all with the same result. Whenever i revert back to stock ROM, the problem is resolved, so i think it's something to do with the custom ROM having some incorrect files for my phone region.

After digging through a few of the similar posts, i decided to take backups of the efs/modemefs directories from when my phone is working, then copied then into the system folder after i flashed the custom ROM (using Root Browser). However, this didn't make any difference.

Does anyone have any idea if there are some other files i need to copy, or if my method of copying is the issue ?

I'm back on stock ROM, so no problems with my phone, but it's really annoying i can't try new ones.

Many Thanks,

Dan

do you have HK firmware? can upload it in mediafire or 4shared or d-h.st or any downloadable sites ... please i really need it.. have same prob here.. cant fixed it cause cant download any ROM :3

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

No, its the standard GT-I9070 -it's originally HK firmware and i've seen a few other threads knocking around on this so i'm not sure if it's specific to handsets in this region. It's very annoying though, the phone is not locked or anything, so i can't work out what the problem is

can i have DL link for HK firmware?? samsung galaxy s adv. gt-i9070 ? downloadable link plss..

if posible in mediafire/4shared/d-h.st please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you set right permission after restoring the efs backup folder?

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Also take a look here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317776