[Q] I think some help is needed in urgency and wisdom

Search This thread

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
Hi everyone

After a lot of reading i decided to install a ROM. Now i was able to try to but none of them worked, so i ve been trying now for 3 days. I think i did it all as stated in this forums, it launched but never go to really open the OS, used to get stuck at the motorola or nexus logos or what ever logo from the different ROMs i downloaded.
I was able to go back to the original ROM but today im not being able to do so...
What can i do? Im at recovery and im able to restore boot but at system it says:Error while restoring /system!

I had it backedup at pc so i have also removed the one at sd card and tried with the one from PC.

What can i do (that doesnt involve getting another phone)

mm166

Oct 4, 2011
You can try RSDLite to flash back stock ROM just be careful and flash right ROM, otherwise you can brick your phone. You can't flash custom ROMs with RSD.

Last edited:

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
Ok my issue is that phone is not recognized by the RSD... i know update the drivers bla blaaa... how if its not recognized and the MDM needs the phone connected to be updated and in my country i know noone else with a damn Motorola phone... ideas ?

penser

Jan 17, 2013
Ok my issue is that phone is not recognized by the RSD... i know update the drivers bla blaaa... how if its not recognized and the MDM needs the phone connected to be updated and in my country i know noone else with a damn Motorola phone... ideas ?

Boot the phone into bootloader/fastboot?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You have an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed? I assume you have both since you were trying to install custom ROMs.

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
I have tried to the fastboot... im trying AP fastboot and theres where i am stuck right now.
Yes custome recovery and unlocked bootloader there. I had the phone moved to another couple of roms but the never loaded correctly so i went back to my original ROM, i tried a few other ROMs and none worked so this time i try to go back but it doesnt come back anymore... :laugh:

kingatmos

Mar 25, 2011
Try downloading PhilzAdvanced CWM Recovery. It is based off the latest CWM and should be able to flash your backups or ROMS. Maybe not your backups unless you made them with a CWM based recovery, but it should get you booted up.

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
Try downloading PhilzAdvanced CWM Recovery. It is based off the latest CWM and should be able to flash your backups or ROMS. Maybe not your backups unless you made them with a CWM based recovery, but it should get you booted up.

Is it possible to do that? I mean right now my phone only boots to fastboot you know... i may flash a rom (which didnt work with any from this forum neither with CM) but i cant install anything in my phone so... how can i do that?

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Is it possible to do that? I mean right now my phone only boots to fastboot you know... i may flash a rom (which didnt work with any from this forum neither with CM) but i cant install anything in my phone so... how can i do that?

• 1. Read the Myth Tools OP
  • 2. Download Myth Tools
  • 3. Download Philz CWM
  • 4. Download a stock fastboot
  • 5. Place the fastboot zip and the extracted recovery/cwm.img in their respected folders
  • 6. Run Myth's executable and follow the instructions
  • 7. If that doesn't work then read the faqs here and in the RAZR HD forums, all your questions have been answered already.

Reactions: MrPersonality

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
Still with same issue...

Phone is not recognized by the computer (tried 3 different laptops)
Cannot download the Drivers as its an automated process that begins when you connect the phone...
Does anyone knows an alternative to install AHD drivers ?

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Still with same issue...

Phone is not recognized by the computer (tried 3 different laptops)
Cannot download the Drivers as its an automated process that begins when you connect the phone...
Does anyone knows an alternative to install AHD drivers ?

Did you not see the mythtools menu option for drivers?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
Did you not see the mythtools menu option for drivers?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Again, my main issue device not detected by pc... so i cant download drivers using automatic tools that detects the phone because again phone is not detected and mythtools goes straight to the motorola device manager which needs a phone connected to act... so in a very bad circle i am... and i would try to use someone else phone but here in Costa Rica i know of noone else with a Motorola phone... everyone thinks it no longer exists... and i havent found a way to download the specific drivers for my specific device in a way it doesnt require to be connected.

kingatmos

Mar 25, 2011
You can boot into recovery? If so download the latest philztouch cwm recovery, put it on your sd card, and flash it from recovery. Then flash the ROM you want.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
You can boot into recovery? If so download the latest philztouch cwm recovery, put it on your sd card, and flash it from recovery. Then flash the ROM you want.

Nice i managed to flash the philztouch recovery... the damn phone doesn't want to accept any ROM... keeps aborting them. So far thanks a lot... ill read like crazy today again and ill ask for help if failure salutes me again!
:highfive:

kingatmos

Mar 25, 2011
If you made a backup of your stock after rooting try flashing that and then hooking your phone up to your pc

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
It finally works

It works... i think somehow the recovery stopped working at some point... now with Philz phone was recognized by pc and i was able to use Myth tools to do the job. I think this will be my last Motorola...

Things to highlight:
1 i did read a lot before doing anything, still somehow screwed up, did read lots before asking here, still needed to ask... got answers, still needed to ask more... it was fun as everyone at work said: " its bricked fool buy a new one and stop playing to be good at something" but hell yeah its fixed!

2 i will try again to install another rom, i wont give up damn it!

3 i might begin with my wife Note 1, its old so its ok to brick it ha ha ha

4 damn it guys you are cool... wish i were 10% of you guys!

5 I think instead of all those different options out there we should recommend only to use the myth tools, its a complete package and its easy to use even with examples for newbies like me.

Again thanks and questions on friday after i brick it again e he he he...

MrPersonality

Nov 4, 2013
Alajuela
Ok so i have started the process again. I cant tell what i am doing wrong. I have flashed 2 different roms and none worked... its like im missing something.

I root the device, unlock bootloader... set the recovery with cwm... flash the rom... and it goes to moto logo and then black screen... am i missing something?

I did the exact same for the stock rom and it did work... also i did it all exactly the same using now myth tools... so any ideas? Should i leave the phone alone because its just simply not going to work or am i missing anything?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• 1. Read the Myth Tools OP
    • 2. Download Myth Tools
    • 3. Download Philz CWM
    • 4. Download a stock fastboot
    • 5. Place the fastboot zip and the extracted recovery/cwm.img in their respected folders
    • 6. Run Myth's executable and follow the instructions
    • 7. If that doesn't work then read the faqs here and in the RAZR HD forums, all your questions have been answered already.
    The other stuff is there so you can understand what the automated stuff is actually doing.