Loosing singnal

Search This thread

ranarn

Jan 10, 2012
Stockholm
I have a problem with my Nexus 5 that i would like some help to troubleshoot.

When I'm on cellular network i often have full reception on 4g, when suddenly it drops to absolute zero all of the sudden, data is disconnected and no phone calls can be made during that time. If i wait 10-15sec it is connecting again and up to full strength.

This happens all the time with a few minutes between each time, and has no affect of the location I'm at.

Often I'm just surfing the web when it comes up that this requires internet connection, and notices the bars are gone, and have to wait a few seconds before its back online again.

What would be the best steps to troubleshoot this? Is there any radio log on the phone that i can tail for errors?
Can it be hardware error? Can it be that the simcard looses connection to the hardware?
Im currently running a custom rom, but it was the same with stock when i tried that.

Any help appreciated!

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS

When I'm on cellular network i often have full reception on 4g, when suddenly it drops to absolute zero all of the sudden, data is disconnected and no phone calls can be made during that time. If i wait 10-15sec it is connecting again and up to full strength.

This happens all the time with a few minutes between each time, and has no affect of the location I'm at.

Often I'm just surfing the web when it comes up that this requires internet connection, and notices the bars are gone, and have to wait a few seconds before its back online again.

What would be the best steps to troubleshoot this? Is there any radio log on the phone that i can tail for errors?
Can it be hardware error? Can it be that the simcard looses connection to the hardware?
Im currently running a custom rom, but it was the same with stock when i tried that.

Any help appreciated!

Does it do it on other phoness? I've found that my carrier is updating towers in my area. When T-Mobile US was upgrading their network to LTE and changing panels, literally signal that was once there would be gone for upwards of a week.

ranarn

Jan 10, 2012
Stockholm
Does it do it on other phoness? I've found that my carrier is updating towers in my area. When T-Mobile US was upgrading their network to LTE and changing panels, literally signal that was once there would be gone for upwards of a week.

No i had a Nexus 4 just before, using the same rom and Provider, worked fine then. Have had this issue for about 1,5 month.
Thanks for the answer though

Jukkao

Feb 12, 2014
I'm having exactly the same issue. Though for me it's not happening all the time, only when I'm connected to VPN. It's still very annoying because VPN disconnects when the signal drops.

Last edited:

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis

Any help appreciated!

Flash the latest radio and see if that helps although I think your custom ROM probably has the latest but you never know http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2557523